Advertisement

Author Topic: Church hmongs vs non church hmongs... a funnie story someone told me..  (Read 32073 times)

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
Anyways!!!  The point was that church people, they just come and sing a little bit at funerals and then they leave, they dont stay long.

The story goes...this hmong couple they converted to church-ism, and so the guy's wife dies and so they have the funeral.  His non-church relatives came and his church people came.  The church people came and sang their songs and stayed a bit then they all left.

Remember the guy is a church-ism guy now, so all his relatives that are non-church they said "why should we stay with this guy, he goes to church now, he's not one of us anymore, he said duck us and he started going to church, now his church people dont even stay with him, why should we stay, since they left, we're going to leave too becuase he's not one of us anymore, since his church folks dont care about him, why should we even care about him after he left us."  Well that's not what exactly they said but you get the picture.

Anyways so his non-church relatives left and so he was left all alone in the funeral home to watch his wife.  He was ALL ALONE!, he was so scared that he watched his wife from the outside the open funeral doors.

And then after that incident, the guy left his church and reconverted back to non-churchism, he said duck those church folks! hahha  They didn't have his back when he needed it most.

Anyways I found the story funnie.  Anyays, it is kinda true, they just come and sing a few songs and then they leave shortly after.  You'd think a church be more tighter knit than that.  So is this even a real church?

Like this post: 0
I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Adverstisement

yuknowthat

Re: Church hmongs vs non church hmongs... a funnie story someone told me..
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2011, 01:37:35 PM »
fact is..blood is thicker then water but then when you begin to burn bridges..it back fires on you..tsk tsk

kaiyu

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2011, 02:06:11 PM »
don't mix people with religion, if the church sucks find another one.. ;D

Like this post: +1

madeup

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2011, 03:34:46 PM »
not true,
just recently had a church funeral. service started from morning til evening, many came and stayed through the whole service as well as meeting up at the house to stay the overnight. so it's def not the church, it's the people they were associated with.

Like this post: +1

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +203
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2011, 07:43:34 PM »
not true,
just recently had a church funeral. service started from morning til evening, many came and stayed through the whole service as well as meeting up at the house to stay the overnight. so it's def not the church, it's the people they were associated with.

I agree don't let religion get in the way........... . When still living if that person is good one and has no enemies then when thier day come everybody will come from far, close, near, etc.  I never thought my uncle who never go to church but his wife and kids does.......... when it was his time.........I was surprised they collected about 25k in sunshine money that his total funeral expenses was only 24k. 

We got to appreciate Hmong for the way they do funeral and not let religion get in the way.  I wish the Black and Mexican people would have more family connection/bound so that you don't see them out on the street holding car wash sign for donation.  I have neighbor here who can't even afford funeral so they only cremate for 1k.  When I told them how our Hmong people do funeral and all the help we get from the community that we lived in along with families, relatives, etc.  it really help us get through everything and if at the same time they got sons to handle and take care of funeral expenses upfront then even better. 

ALPHAFEMALE

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2011, 07:54:24 PM »
If he was a fairly new member and not heavily involved w/the church, that is probably why they didn't stick around long.

If he was really a Christian, he would've found another church to attend instead of getting pissed off and switching religions.

Just my 2 cents.

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +203
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2011, 01:40:01 PM »
Fake or not, that kind of stuff is true.  The only time church people care about you is when put twenties into their money tray.   :knuppel2:

They got so much money in thier account.  When younger you have no idea how it work but as you get older and see it and understand it then you can say church does have a lot of money.  As small as my parent church........ ....I couldn't believed how much $$$ they have..........

Umbrella

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2011, 02:06:04 PM »
They got so much money in thier account.  When younger you have no idea how it work but as you get older and see it and understand it then you can say church does have a lot of money.  As small as my parent church........ ....I couldn't believed how much $$$ they have..........

How much is alot to you? I come from a small Church, and we're practically operating on a budget. At the end of the year, we'll probably end up having only a couple of hundred dollars leftover. Your parents' church must be operating on grants. Hopefully there are no problems relating to money in their church.

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2011, 05:21:10 PM »
How much is alot to you? I come from a small Church, and we're practically operating on a budget. At the end of the year, we'll probably end up having only a couple of hundred dollars leftover. Your parents' church must be operating on grants. Hopefully there are no problems relating to money in their church.

Some churches be asking for like 100 bucks an offering...dan g that's alot! that's like half of some people's paycheck!

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

PHAB 8

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2011, 11:06:15 PM »
This is a story concocted by a non-believer...what a shame!  :( :(And this guy is an idiot. His relatives left him too  :idiot2: :idiot2:

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2011, 11:34:00 PM »
Sorrie to hurt you church going folks feelings but this is a true story.

Umbrella

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2011, 12:34:06 AM »
Some churches be asking for like 100 bucks an offering...dan g that's alot! that's like half of some people's paycheck!

Not really. Most people waste more than that during their 3 days of weekend partying, and got nothing to show for it; except maybe a headache, the lucky ones get lucky so them people are alright.

primetime

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2011, 07:12:30 AM »
Funny story. :P

Offline yubnag

• Elite Poster
  • Redamancy
  • Respect: +83
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2011, 09:37:51 AM »
It's pretty sad.

Making a hundred friends is not a miracle. The miracle is to make a single friend who will stand by your side even when hundreds are against you.

Lovely1

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2011, 10:12:24 AM »
It is pretty sad.  My husband told me that his parents only goes to church for their funeral purposes, so that in the future when they do leave us, they will have a church to come do their service.    ::)   

Advertisements