Advertisement

Author Topic: Church hmongs vs non church hmongs... a funnie story someone told me..  (Read 32043 times)

Offline thehotone

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +18
    • View Profile
Re: Church hmongs vs non church hmongs... a funnie story someone told me..
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2012, 12:15:51 PM »
I find it strange that Hmong Christians have so much they can't do, but the Americans have little or no restriction and has done everything that non-Christians has done. Can someone elaborate on this? Can this because Hmong Christians are still fairly new to the faith and so they have to be on their best behavior?

This is a new faith for Hmong people so they are extra cautious to not get burn.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

hmongperson

« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2012, 02:00:51 AM »
This is a new faith for Hmong people so they are extra cautious to not get burn.
So they are still in a probationary period then?

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +454
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2012, 02:31:50 AM »
It is pretty sad.  My husband told me that his parents only goes to church for their funeral purposes, so that in the future when they do leave us, they will have a church to come do their service.    ::)   

Can you post this in the Faiths & Beliefs Forum? Some people do not believe that there are many people who converted to Christianity only for the service.  :)

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2012, 02:40:37 AM »
Although the church congregation is like a family, they are only a faith family. People need to stop having their congregation do the labor that is actually the role of their family members. Non-Christian family members should stop being pricks and roll up their sleeves to help do the cooking, etc. The only thing the church does is plan the service. Having said that, Christians should help do all the laborious stuff that comes with a traditional Hmong funeral for their non-Christian family as well. Cooking in the kitchen does not violate anybody's religious beliefs.

1luv

« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2012, 02:45:13 AM »
Although the church congregation is like a family, they are only a faith family. People need to stop having their congregation do the labor that is actually the role of their family members. Non-Christian family members should stop being pricks and roll up their sleeves to help do the cooking, etc. The only thing the church does is plan the service. Having said that, Christians should help do all the laborious stuff that comes with a traditional Hmong funeral for their non-Christian family as well. Cooking in the kitchen does not violate anybody's religious beliefs.

1.  Unless they are muslim that is.  My family were stuck in Malaysia as a refugee and we borrowed their cutting board to cut our pork with it and when they saw us doing that, the said we can have the cutting board. 

2.  It is taboo for Muslim to eat pork. 

However, I do see your point.  Cooking is cooking and cooking should be universal.  Unless one cooks while doing a chant or something. 

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2012, 03:03:48 AM »
1.  Unless they are muslim that is.  My family were stuck in Malaysia as a refugee and we borrowed their cutting board to cut our pork with it and when they saw us doing that, the said we can have the cutting board. 

2.  It is taboo for Muslim to eat pork. 

However, I do see your point.  Cooking is cooking and cooking should be universal.  Unless one cooks while doing a chant or something. 

Well the Hmong people do not have to worry about eating pork except for those with gout.  :2funny:

Other than that, both sides of the coin are more than free to help do the cooking at each other's funerals.

2LY

Poster,

Whoever told u this story is probably a church hater. I go to church and we stay open 24 hrs just like non-church ppl and there's always ppl there.

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
He's got it all wrong. The idea of church is to leave the funeral like that, sure. But it's also to bury the dead that quickly, so you won't have to church the corpse for too long.

Anyways!!!  The point was that church people, they just come and sing a little bit at funerals and then they leave, they dont stay long.

The story goes...this hmong couple they converted to church-ism, and so the guy's wife dies and so they have the funeral.  His non-church relatives came and his church people came.  The church people came and sang their songs and stayed a bit then they all left.

Remember the guy is a church-ism guy now, so all his relatives that are non-church they said "why should we stay with this guy, he goes to church now, he's not one of us anymore, he said duck us and he started going to church, now his church people dont even stay with him, why should we stay, since they left, we're going to leave too becuase he's not one of us anymore, since his church folks dont care about him, why should we even care about him after he left us."  Well that's not what exactly they said but you get the picture.

Anyways so his non-church relatives left and so he was left all alone in the funeral home to watch his wife.  He was ALL ALONE!, he was so scared that he watched his wife from the outside the open funeral doors.

And then after that incident, the guy left his church and reconverted back to non-churchism, he said duck those church folks! hahha  They didn't have his back when he needed it most.

Anyways I found the story funnie.  Anyays, it is kinda true, they just come and sing a few songs and then they leave shortly after.  You'd think a church be more tighter knit than that.  So is this even a real church?

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Anyways!!!  The point was that church people, they just come and sing a little bit at funerals and then they leave, they dont stay long.

The story goes...this hmong couple they converted to church-ism, and so the guy's wife dies and so they have the funeral.  His non-church relatives came and his church people came.  The church people came and sang their songs and stayed a bit then they all left.

Remember the guy is a church-ism guy now, so all his relatives that are non-church they said "why should we stay with this guy, he goes to church now, he's not one of us anymore, he said duck us and he started going to church, now his church people dont even stay with him, why should we stay, since they left, we're going to leave too becuase he's not one of us anymore, since his church folks dont care about him, why should we even care about him after he left us."  Well that's not what exactly they said but you get the picture.

Anyways so his non-church relatives left and so he was left all alone in the funeral home to watch his wife.  He was ALL ALONE!, he was so scared that he watched his wife from the outside the open funeral doors.

And then after that incident, the guy left his church and reconverted back to non-churchism, he said duck those church folks! hahha  They didn't have his back when he needed it most.

Anyways I found the story funnie.  Anyays, it is kinda true, they just come and sing a few songs and then they leave shortly after.  You'd think a church be more tighter knit than that.  So is this even a real church?

Hmong people are severely confused. Attending church is one thing, family is another. For some reason Hmong people are interchanging the two. This all came about since there are some Hmong people who don't have family and must rely on the congregation to play that role. For me, it is two different things. The church has no business in what I do with my family time, and my family has no business telling me which church or faith to believe in.

All in all, the guy in your story is just an idiot. He doesn't have to open the funeral home 24 hours.  :idiot2:

Like this post: +1

mronline

« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2015, 05:05:04 PM »
Poster,

Whoever told u this story is probably a church hater. I go to church and we stay open 24 hrs just like non-church ppl and there's always ppl there.

Depends on the size of the group and or church goers. I attended one ceremony recently that suppose to be closed around 6 pm but people kept on coming so they decided to open til midnight.

chidorix0x

« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2015, 03:01:47 AM »
... kekeke ...  :2funny:

Hmong CRASSTIANs are idiots,  give and take.  They are hypocrites, pretty much like their deceitful faith.

Fact:
1. They use a funeral to mainly preach,  not remembering/honoring the decreased.
2. They gladly accept/take your sunshine money; yet thank God/Jesus not you who gave them the money.
3. They expect you to pay for all related expenses. They only come to observe like a guest.
4. They, especially the ones in charge,  will take all remaining goods when the funeral is done.
5. They call themselves Kav Xwm etc. ... kekeke ...  :idiot2:
Etc etc ... kekeke ...  ::)

(These are firsthand experience/observation.  Not fabrication. )

*** And "Hmong" is plural. Duh. ... kekeke ...  >:D

chidorix0x

« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2015, 03:06:58 AM »
Depends on the size of the group and or church goers. I attended one ceremony recently that suppose to be closed around 6 pm but people kept on coming so they decided to open til midnight.

That incident is abnormal as the church insist on closing per schedule. Because they can only sing, preach, and B'S about Christianity for so long (2 hours max). Sitting around looking stupid would make them look stupid for being stupid ... kekeke ...  >:D

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2015, 05:33:35 AM »
That incident is abnormal as the church insist on closing per schedule. Because they can only sing, preach, and B'S about Christianity for so long (2 hours max). Sitting around looking stupid would make them look stupid for being stupid ... kekeke ...  >:D

Your anti-Christian comments have no merit unless you dare reveal where your beliefs rest. If you are an atheist, then you have made yourself look like a fool by defending Shamanism. Any atheist that would sooner defend Shamanism before Christianity is simply  :idiot2: That's like saying I don't believe in any supernatural deities and despise Christianity, but them Wiccans don't sound so silly to me for worshipping a Fertility Goddess and Hunter God.  :idiot2:

If you are Shamanist, then you are also a fool for where is the evidence for shamanism that should have you foaming at the mouth when speaking about Christianity? You can no better explain your devotion to Shamanism than the Christians you accuse of having blind faith.  ::)

chidorix0x

« Reply #43 on: February 26, 2015, 04:33:19 PM »
Your anti-Christian comments have no merit unless you dare reveal where your beliefs rest. If you are an atheist, then you have made yourself look like a fool by defending Shamanism. Any atheist that would sooner defend Shamanism before Christianity is simply  :idiot2: That's like saying I don't believe in any supernatural deities and despise Christianity, but them Wiccans don't sound so silly to me for worshipping a Fertility Goddess and Hunter God.  :idiot2:

If you are Shamanist, then you are also a fool for where is the evidence for shamanism that should have you foaming at the mouth when speaking about Christianity? You can no better explain your devotion to Shamanism than the Christians you accuse of having blind faith.  ::)

... kekeke ...  ::) ... KEKEKE ...  :2funny:

Pointless to debunk this oxymoronic HA'MUNG (whose husband supposedly is a Hmong shaman expert solely because he attends for free food, to get away from the house/wife, and to BS with his beer buddies) ... kekeke ...   >:D

Pwko_hauvkojlubSiab

« Reply #44 on: August 01, 2015, 11:53:45 PM »
It is pretty sad.  My husband told me that his parents only goes to church for their funeral purposes, so that in the future when they do leave us, they will have a church to come do their service.    ::)

almost all hmong people who go to church--they do not believe jesus or god.  they go because they are scared about doing too much during the funeral service to them or their love one. they just want an easy way out of this practice :'(

Advertisements