Advertisement

Author Topic: Vim kuv tsis paub.  (Read 83486 times)

MSV

Re: Vim kuv tsis paub.
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2011, 09:00:51 PM »
The first few xmas presents went under the tree today! I can't wait to see their faces when they open it. :) Still have a few more shopping trips to do but I'll wait until those vacation days from work to catch up. I figure if I do it in increments then I won't be as tired as if trying to get it all done in one day. Besides, I want every gift to mean something to them so I'm taking my time to select this and that.

Our tree looks beautiful this year. Too bad my phone cam doesn't do it justice.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

MSV

« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2011, 11:36:42 PM »
It was raining today and while N and I were riding home today we talked about this particular memory we had of mom and us when both of us were still little. There was this one night when we came home late from school because it was icy and as the bus dropped us off at our usual stop we saw our mom waving her hands at us. Then she says something like, "Naib, nyob twj ywm ntawm neb nawb. Kuv mam li los." And then we watched her crossed the icy road to get to us. I remember holding my mom's hand as she held on to a wooden stick in her other hand and we slowly slid across the icy road to the other side. Then my mom told me to wait there as she went back to get my older sister and repeated the crossing. Once we all made it, we walked home together. I thought about this memory all night and I realized how great of a mom I have. Compared to many I'd say I was super lucky. She has given me the world and there has been days when I’ve grown so unappreciative of all she's done. How horrible of a daughter I am. :(

I’ve recently noticed how much she’s aged and I really want to take care of her now. If I could I would tell her to stop and just relax. I need to take her on vacation with me. Mom deserves it. For all she’s given me…sighs.

Offline lilly

• Sr. Poster
  • Be happy!
  • Respect: +524
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2011, 02:55:23 PM »
KUV NIAM.  :)

I was writing my little cousin from Wisconsin and in the midst of it all, I remembered something mom had said to us girls yesterday. We were starting up “Bridesmaid” from redbox and as the movie opens up, the scene shows the lead, Annie, doing all these funny sex positions with her ex-boyfriend…So my mom goes, “Oh-ho, ua cas es nej yuav mus qiv tau ib daim movie li no los saib. Txhob saib cov zoo li no. Nws tsis zoo yog nej tseem yog hluas nkauj xwb.” My sisters and I just busted out laughing. Here we all were in our mid to late 20’s and she still thinks it “bad” for us to be seeing such things? Come to think of it, she fooled us into believing that if we watched any kissing, sex, or nude scenes on TV, our eyes would turn red. As kids we all believed it too. I remember the siblings and I would sit there watching something on TV and then when the mushy parts came on, we’d turn our heads, cover our eyes, or quickly flipped to another channel. lol. Imagine what that was like while watching movies in class? Anyhow, our answer to mom was, “Niam, peb twb laus laus lawm ne. Peb tsuas saib thiab kawm es lwm hnub thiajli paub mus ua haib haib rau txiv neej xwb os.” She laughs and says, “Ohyo. No way! Tsis good kiag nawb…..Kab (our baby sister who’s 18) tseem me me ne. Tsis txhob tso rau nws saib.” lol. I gotta love mom though.

Now that I think about it more, my mom sure fooled me with stories when I was young. She told me child labor consisted of the stomach being cut open with a big knife. Whenever my younger siblings were born, I’d always ask to see the wound that had been sewn up but mom never once showed me. Shouldn’t that have triggered something in my head? Then she’d also tell me that if us girls even slept next to a guy, we’d get pregnant. When the brothers and guy cousins/nephews slept next to me on “parents are away for funeral/party/wedding” nights, I’d think to myself…”I don’t want to get pregnant.” Mom would just be like, “Don’t worry, only boys from outside the family can do magic.” lmao. Or how when the kids cried a lot and mom would say there’s a niam tais poj ntxoog who listens carefully and if she hears you, she’ll come by to see why you are crying. Or that one about finding a lost bird, rabbit, cat, or doggy and don’t bring it home because it’s only poj ntxoov cov menyuam. I remembered when we moved this one summer and there were these kittens that got abandoned at the corner of our deadend block and mom told us not to feed them or even touch them. There’s way too many stories. I wonder if someday I’ll end up telling little such stories like these to my kids too? Wait a minute, I already do that with my nieces and nephews. Oyo! My favorite one is when those munchkins are crying and I go.. “Yivvvvvv, Maiv Naim los lawm nawb. Ntsia kiag tamsimno.” Works like a charm.

Oh how I miss my childhood. Now that everyone in the fam is grown, I bet it hits mom to know we’re all standing on our own (at least for 90% of the time). Mom doesn’t have to worry…I can never really detach myself from her. She’s still my extra breath of fresh air when I’m suffocating.

Aw, I envy you.  My mom has passed on.  You and a lot of people are very lucky to still have your mum.

MSV

« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2011, 01:40:37 PM »
Aw, I envy you.  My mom has passed on.  You and a lot of people are very lucky to still have your mum.

I'm sorry to hear. :-[ A lot of things I have and own in my life right now is due largely to my mom's love, guidance, and support. If there were more moms like her, the world would be so much better. No doubt I am lucky to still have my mom. I'm the type that doesn't really know how to express my gratitude to my mom so sometimes I just give her hugs and hope she knows I love her. With my dad being gone all these years now too...I love her even more. If any day you ever need a mom, I'll share mines for one day.

Someone had said to me last night that he could imagine me being those types of girls who demanded or made her bf buy everything she wanted for her. That really hurt me. I would have thought that after almost a year spent getting to know me, he’d at least know that was not even close to who I was. Maybe he’s been used to spending his money on women and thought I’d be no different? Who knows…Oh well, I guess people will have their assumptions and I won’t blame them too much. I just simply said to him, “I don’t need your money. I’ve never asked you to buy me anything thus far so why would I start now. Besides, my own two hands already make all that I need.”

MSV

« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2011, 08:53:07 PM »
I did some more xmas shopping today. The malls were too crowded. Trying to find a parking space wasn't any better. And the number of bad drivers just seemed to all surface at once. >:( Maybe next year I'll skip it all and just resort to online purchases.

MSV

« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2011, 12:59:42 PM »
If it’s anything that annoys me, it’s when people put themselves on a make-believe pedestal to appear better than everyone else. Ugh! I got so fed up hearing him brag about himself that I didn’t hold back my tongue. I know I might have stomped on his ego a little by calling him out like that but he deserved to get put in check. Someone had to tell him….I guess I designated myself. lol. I don’t regret.

MSV

« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2011, 08:57:55 PM »
To the water that flows pass me.....I wish I could collect every ounce of you.

MSV

« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2011, 02:47:20 PM »
I've been feeling kho kho siab lately. It's draining me.

MSV

« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2011, 04:50:37 PM »
Just got done deboning chicken wings in preparation for Sunday's xmas meal. Why do they make deboning look so easy on youtube? It took me about an hour just to do 10. At this rate I'd never get hired to work at those hmong flea market food places. ;D

Going out in a bit with the sisters...exci ted to spend some time with them. It's been awhile since I've sat down with all of them and just talked and laughed our butts off.

MSV

« Reply #39 on: December 27, 2011, 09:42:32 PM »
It's so quiet tonight....I think I'm going to call it a night and catch up on my sleep.

MSV

« Reply #40 on: December 28, 2011, 02:43:50 PM »
Maybe I should have taken a longer xmas vacation? Most of my coworkers aren't even back in their offices until the new year starts. It makes me wish I was doing other things besides being at work. Or better yet...I wish I had traveled someplace away from MN.

Kuv tuaj tim haujlwm los kuv twb tsis ua haujlwm dabtsi li. Lam zaum kov ub kov no kom txog caij mus tsev xwb. Tus neeg zoo li kuv ces tsis productive this week kiag li. ;D Kuv tus nai twb los nug seb kuv puas muaj work ua los kuv tseem dag me me rau nws tias kuv busy thiab. I feel bad for even saying that.

Well...I guess I should look at it this way...SAVE VACATION TIME TO BE SPENT IN THE SUMMER. If I look at it that way, I can at least smile a little.

Halfway through the work week...

MSV

« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2011, 01:59:26 PM »
As this year comes to an end, I wanted to reflect upon it.

Ib. 2011 was a year of accomplishment s for me. I started the year off with a new job. The pay wasn’t much considering I was entering the non-profit world but I managed to pay all my usual monthly bills and still have money leftover to fill these almost empty pockets of mines. First thing I spent my paychecks on was a fish tank. I got myself three beautiful goldfishes to go along with it. As kids, my dad would buy us fishes to raise since we couldn’t have dogs or cats as pets in the house. When he passed, no one really bothered to take care of the fishies and they all ya mus sawm ntuj nrog kuv txiv lawm thiab. :( I guess that's where my love for fishies started and I wanted to bring that memory back. One 2011 goal down. Anyways, any extra money also went straight to a “new” used car. The owners (both doctors and damn loaded!!) I bought my baby from were selling their Camry for 11G (only 25,000 miles on it and accident free) so I couldn’t let that offer pass me by. I got my car and it became my new love! We’ve been growing strong ever since I drove it home….hahaha. It’s got some bumps and bruises here and there but it’s nothing big. Under my care, it’s got another guaranteed 10 yrs on it…or so that’s what my brother said. Of course after all that came a new house. This was the first house my family and I ever purchased so it was a milestone in our books. At one point it even saddened me because I wanted my dad to still be here and see it all. It’s been two months since our move and the warmth has filled our new home. I love that there aren’t any ghetto kaydoo or noob taum trying to do crap to our cars, values, and property. But I do miss the city life…the chitter chatters you can hear coming from outside…the cars that constantly drive pass every day. Now it’s just….QUIET. I should bring a little drama to the neighborhood or something. lol.

Ob. Ntses, the one who made it seem so real for me. I spent half a year getting to know him and growing to like him so much. He finally made me realize I wanted an older man who was mature and had his life set out. For once I really wanted to get married....to have babies…to devote myself to my husband for the rest of my life. Too bad he got lured back by his ex-wife after 3 yrs. of them separating. I guess to make me feel better, I kept blaming the wife for being jealous that he was finally moving on and wanting to be with someone new but really it was him. If he had really wanted something with me, he would have said no to her. Despite, time has allowed me to forgive him for hurting me. I really hope he did patch things up and is happy with his little family again. As far as I go….I guess another failed attempt just made me a little more doubtful of ever finding someone who’d really love me. I invested so much time only to find myself standing alone on the road once more. I know I should focus on the good and stay positive but sometimes it’s just so hard to hold that spirit in me when anger, sadness, and frustration knock at the walls all the time. Because of this, I will channel my energy elsewhere for next year

Peb. Another passing in the fam. It came as great shock to me because he committed suicide. Even to this day, I still can’t accept that he’s really gone. Whenever I think about him, I always think about that smile and those sad eyes. They sent two different messages and I often wondered what he was really feeling inside.  Wherever he is, I hope he is happy now. I know things were hard on him as he grew into a man...since he felt like there was no family there. This is why I get pissed at parents who act like lawv tseem yog menyuam yaus tsis paub qab hau.

I need a break...

MSV

« Reply #42 on: January 01, 2012, 09:24:06 AM »
Nyob zoo xyoo tshiab! I didn't do much for New Year's Eve. Stayed home with the fam and just relaxed. Got a lot done around the house too. I feel accomplished. What a great way to end 2011.

2012 will be a year devoted to me getting out of my comfort zone. I wanna turn back into a YES woman! :) Here's to new beginnings and adventures. I  will travel to new heights and even if I should end up hurting myself, I promise I will not let it bring me down or stop me. I'm excited to discover bigger and better things. THAT'S RIGHT!

Need to work on getting back in shape. I always felt more lively and happier when I was always working out everyday. Note to self, start slow and stay away from sweets. lol.

MSV

« Reply #43 on: January 02, 2012, 07:01:17 PM »
No work today so I went shopping with my favorite ladies. Got some pretty good deals! Even added a few more items of clothing to my closet. Which reminds me...I should really work on making sure I dress professionally to work everyday. They aren't too strict about the dress code as long as things aren't hanging out or see-through. I also want to glam my face up a little more. Is it worth 10 less mins of sleep in the morning?

Aside from a whole day of cleaning up, I also spent my day cleaning around the house. My older sister and I managed to finish organizing all the xmas things and packed them all up to be stored away. Once again I was stuck putting down the tree. This year I didn't have any helpers so it took longer than usual. Next year I'm going to make them get a real tree so we can dispose it afterwards. That'll save some time and storage space.

Now I'm just lazying around on the sofa ready to knock out. It's only 7ish so I won't let that happen. If only I had motivation to exercise tonight. I've been trying so hard to keep on track with my slow progress but it's so hard to get back into the motivated mood. I really need to push myself to do it again. So sick and tired....

MSV

« Reply #44 on: January 03, 2012, 09:09:30 PM »
I got so bored that I decided to worked out for a good 1.5 hours. It's so hard to get my mind back into that mode. Had to really push myself and keep talking to myself to keep going and not give up. I can do it! If I keep at this, by the time it's nice outside, I'll be able to just jog around the lake. At least that's my plan. This will be my second attempt. I hope to lose more than what I did the first time around. I feel so good tonight. The body feels light. :) I just hope I don't wake up aching. Which reminds me...need to go get those weights so I can start toning my flabs. Kiss it all goodbye inch-by-inch.

Note to self. Try to eat a light breakfast every day before work. Drink a lot of water. No more sweets. Measure rice consumption. No more late night snacks....or eating anything after 7pm unless it's a fruit. I'm placing these up on post-it notes so I won't forget.

Hmmm. Should I turn this into my "Attempt #2: Aja Fighting" blog?

Advertisements