Advertisement

Author Topic: China in the spotlight -- COLD-BLOODED citizens walked on by a dying child!  (Read 11120 times)

SAGE

This footage is allowing the entire world to take a personal peak of the evil that exists in China, specifically the populous province of Guangdong, with a permanent population of nearly 80 million.  You may have to open a youtube account in order to view.  Take your time; read the comments, as there are many Chinese online actively defending their people.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
Just an accident in the dark. When people drive or walk by crowded place like that, they'd think the kid's body was just another sack of rice on the road like those on the side. It's not that the onlookers are insensitive.  Sure, the image makes us feel that way. But that's because we are able to see what's happening when the walkers or drivers there couldn't tell what was on the ground.

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

cherry-kiss

Omg, this is so tragic! How can all those people walk by without helping this poor child???? Poor baby..it really broke my heart to see this and how the child gotten ran over a SECOND time then again by another car and no one did anything. This is so sad! When the first driver ran the child over, he/she should have stopped...not run over the child again with the back tires!!!

Reporter, how can anyone confuse the body of a child with a sack of rice? I think those people who walked by intentionally ignored it. I can see from the video blood of the child spattering out...how can anyone confuse that for a sack of rice?

« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 10:36:02 AM by cherry-kiss »

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
Omg, this is so tragic! How can all those people walk by without helping this poor child???? Poor baby..it really broke my heart to see this and how the child gotten ran over a SECOND time then again by another car and no one did anything. This is so sad! When the first driver ran the child over, he/she should have stopped...not run over the child again with the back tires!!!

Reporter, how can anyone confuse the body of a child with a sack of rice? I think those people who walked by intentionally ignored it. I can see from the video blood of the child spattering out...how can anyone confuse that for a sack of rice?

Darkness blinds people.

You see blood now because the videographers have made them stand out for emphasis.

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

addisonlee

Disturbing

No regret

Just an accident in the dark. When people drive or walk by crowded place like that, they'd think the kid's body was just another sack of rice on the road like those on the side. It's not that the onlookers are insensitive.  Sure, the image makes us feel that way. But that's because we are able to see what's happening when the walkers or drivers there couldn't tell what was on the ground.

They purposely ignoring it, they all looked at the toddler and just decided it's not their problem.  I think chinese people should be ban from having kids, after seeing something like this.  They've come to a point where they don't even give a damn about their own children anymore.

SAGE

« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 02:21:20 AM by SAGE »

tokio

I dont understand why the driver kept driving after hitting the kid.   :idiot2:  Sad, indeed.  I read up a little more and looks like if the kid is able to make it out of this, she will most likely be in a vegetable state.  The two drivers have also been arrested.

I do also blame the parent for letting their kid wonder a busy and chaotic street like that.  And about the bystanders, you can clearly see them stare down at the body and then walk or ride pass it.  That right there was just pathetic. 

midnight_mystery

Sucks big time and yes the video is disturbing...v ery disturbing. But I'll have to say this....Where the f@#$ was the parent before and during the run over. Unfortunately she was 18 people too late to see what was going on. It is understandable if people don't want to help if the victim might/is/are/ or going to sue them afterward for helping out. If the people of that city or ethnicity is going to create an atmosphere that is very difficult to deal with, then who would ever in their f%$ken mind want to help an injured person out if they might retaliate after?

I remember reading an article awhile back about a doctor who during the time of the accident was not in uniform (not working) decided to help an injured person and saved his life. Unfortunately the victim came back around to sue the doctor for hella $$$$, he didn't win but the doctor mention at the end of the article that if he ever encounter a scenario like that again he would just turn away.

I still blame the parent for not keep an eye on their children and I hate Chinese people. I live in a city where there is a huge Indian/Chinese population and my GOD! You thought blacks were bad. These mother f@#kers are worse. :idiot2:

I think we have it worse here in the USA, ethier we might get sue for helping out or arrested for not helping someone in danager. WTF!

« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 12:13:50 AM by midnight_mystery »

No regret

regarding where was the parent?

I think they either live along side the street vendors there or was there doing something and their kid wonder off.  The parent is part to blame for this.

No regret

SAge,

your'e just mad at everyone, even the little old lady for helping. ;D

MSV

I was watching random vids on youtube this morning at work and somehow ended up getting linked over to Yueyue's hit-and-run video. It is so heartbreaking to know that people can be so inhumane sometimes. My heart just dropped when that first van hit the little girl and then stopped for a second only to flee (running over her with his back wheels again) without even checking. (That SOB said he had just broken up with his gf on the phone when he hit Yueyue...::). What a f'en lie!). She's clearly bleeding and hurt bad...you can even see her move her hand at one point but no one helps. Damnit! Pissed me off even more when another truck decides to swing by and run over her feet. OMG. *cringes* And as Sage had pointed out, although the old grandma, who probably ended up being the most humane soul that day in China, came to carry the lifeless body to the side....it was done so carelessly that more damage could have been done. Of course there is fear for lawsuit but this is a little 2 yr. girl we are talking about here...WTH! I bet she wasn't even old enough to comprehend what just happened to her.

Although the Chinese population could be blamed by people of the world for their cruel hearts, I think the parents should have been the ones to really be yelled at. Where were they this whole time? What kind of parents would even let a 2 yr old out of their sight for more than a few seconds when they know streets/roads are near? One of the videos even pointed out how the grandma had to go track her parents down. Goodness, RIP child.  :-[ :-\ :'( You didn't deserve it.

I read somewhere that it was around 5:30..not sure if they meant morning or evening. Either way "darkness" or "poor lighting" should not be used as an excuse to justify people walking away. If you're just feet away and can't tell a human body from trash bags, you better go get your eyes checked out.

HUNG TU LO

...we have it worse here in the USA, ethier we might get sue for helping out or arrested for not helping someone in danager. WTF!

That's the exception, not the norm. Media and paranoia has a lot to do with people believing that "If I try to save someone's life, he'll sue me! So I'm just gonna walk on by."

There are so many Good Samaritan laws to protect people whom voluntarily help someone else in distress. Obviously, if you see a person going into cardiac arrest and you start pounding on his chest with double closed hammer fists, you're going to be reprimanded. But seriously, who is really going to do that? If you attempt CPR and happen to, say, fracture a rib but save the damn man's life or at least try until the ambulance arrives, you're gonna be protected. People understand that it's better for people to try to help rather than just stand around looking pretty until the EMS arrive and that is why there are these Good Samaritan laws. This is especially important with situations involving heart and non-breathing (ie. drowning) because 1 minute late decides life or death.

But as I was saying, people are paranoid and will automatically think of the worse thing that can happen. It's just like someone telling you to run away fast in a self-defense life and death situation - 9 out of 10 people will always stupidly respond "Well what if I'm in a bathroom/dark alley/elevator?" Out of the thousands of possibilities, people will always choose to focus on the worse outcomes.

ALPHAFEMALE

Allright..I have a lot to say about this.

First of all, the first driver KNEW he hit a HUMAN BEING. If you observe the video...do you notice how after he first ran over the child, he slowed down? He was aware that he hit something/somebody. Then he slowly rode over the child AGAIN with the back tires. When he turned himself in, he admitted that he wanted to make sure she was dead because it would cost him more if she was alive. He would have to pay her parents more money if she made it out alive....there may be high medical costs to keep her alive, to take care of her if she's a vegetable/paralyzed/etc.  So this man intentionally made sure he finished the job.

Yes, I do wonder where were the parents?? But you guys have to keep in mind that in many third world countries, it is common for children to run freely. And can you guys honestly say that your toddler has never ran off quickly on you like that before?? Many 2-3 yr olds are very slippery and fast.

I could understand the legal aspect.  In China, there's been cases of good samaritans being sued..but I do believe morality is the bigger issue as well. I think this could've happened anywhere..but the fact that she was a very young child is more appalling.  It is a human instinct to help in this type of situation but then again, people who live there may have problems and realities that we may never know of because  we live ina  more just world.

If this was not videotaped and so highly publicized, I don't know if the authorities would've really made any effort to look for the two drivers. I'm sure things like this happens pretty often there.

No regret

Re: China in the spotlight -- COLD-BLOODED citizens walked on by a dying child!
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2011, 01:57:53 AM »
very disturbing that he wanted to make sure she's dead, when you have such thought in you, you're really screwed.

Advertisements