Advertisement

Author Topic: Hunting & Camping Equipment Review  (Read 7023 times)

basside

Re: Hunting & Camping Equipment Review
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2014, 02:13:14 PM »
V-max, not sure what state you live in but you're lucky.

In many states, it is illegal to hunt with any sort of baffle, suppressor, full barrel shroud or silencer.

Interesting, would love to hear how quiet that gun is. Most of these air rifle I shoot, all you'll hear is impact of the bullet hitting its target.

Nice gun btw.

« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 02:36:08 PM by basside »

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

basside

« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2014, 04:46:37 PM »
Its been awhile since I've been on PH. First off, I have several 10/22 built by Volquartsen and Kidd Innovation and they are mighty fine guns. However, the past couple of years I've found a new hobby, PCP Airguns. I'm mainly on airgun forums when it comes to pcp guns but thought I share some insight on pebhmong for those of interest. Here are some high power pcp I've collected from the years. Two new pcp bullpups called, "Colibri a.k.a. bird" are from the CZ, made by Kalibrgun. They are .22 Caliber (bottom two), like the Cricket (2nd from top), it is also a CZ barrel. These birds have been floating around the net for years and finally made to the US this year. I was fortunate enough to be one of the 1st on their order list. Originally, these guns were supposed be semi-autos with 14 shot rotary magazine but the semi-auto mechanism failed so they are only available in bolt action, 14 shot rotary. The semi-autos are still in the works. At 28", these birds have a max of 5,000psi and 300cc tank but I usually fill it to 4500psi. Its regulated so it has an excellent string shot. A full tank, I can get 60 consistent shots and plenty of knock down power of 30FPE +. I've been shooting these birds in the back yard the last few weeks. Outstanding groups, same hole grouping at 25-30yds, 1/4" at 50yds+ and .375" at 75-80yds. 100yd+ I would need a 20x scope. I have shot and killed mice, squirrels and rabbits at 80yds+. Unlike your spring loaded or pumps, these things are absolutely quiet, all you hear is the impact of the pellets hitting its target only. I think these will be excellent for hunting in woods b/c its small, short and compact. Accuracy wise, I think these pcp are far more acurate then my 10/22's. I have been hunting with these pcp guns for the past 3 seasons so the Kidd & Volquartsen has been collecting dust. I'm very blessed and fortunate enough to own these as they are backyard friendly for year round.

« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 05:58:40 PM by basside »

hua

« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2014, 04:25:05 AM »
A suppressed 22lr is actually pretty quiet.

If you run CCI quiets or CCI CB Longs, it sounds like you're taking your gun and dry firing it. Yes, it's that quiet and you can hear the firing pin drop. (The velocity of these are about 700 fps). Bullet hitting the dirt is louder than the gun going off.

Regular subsonic ammo will sound like similar to an airgun or little louder. It's much quieter than a break barrel air rifle, but louder than a pcp imo. (roughly 1040 fps). Bullet hitting the dirt is still louder than the gun going off. They usually average about 115 db.

High velocity ammo (Anything over the speed of sound), There is not a big boom from the gun, but there is a very distinct crack from the bullet breaking the speed of sound. It's like shooting an airgun and all you hear is the whoosh from the small blast of air coming out of the gun, then imagine a loud echo from infront of you when the bullet creates that sonic crack from breaking the speed of sound.

Here's a video of a sound meter test: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grOIqG_llz4

« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 04:50:12 AM by hua »

hua

« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2014, 04:47:12 AM »
Very nice pcp rifles you got there basside.

Its been awhile since I've been on PH. First off, I have several 10/22 built by Volquartsen and Kidd Innovation and they are mighty fine guns. However, the past couple of years I've found a new hobby, PCP Airguns. I'm mainly on airgun forums when it comes to pcp guns but thought I share some insight on pebhmong for those of interest. Here are some high power pcp I've collected from the years. Two new pcp bullpups called, "Colibri a.k.a. bird" are from the CZ, made by Kalibrgun. They are .22 Caliber (bottom two), like the Cricket (2nd from top), it is also a CZ barrel. These birds have been floating around the net for years and finally made to the US this year. I was fortunate enough to be one of the 1st on their order list. Originally, these guns were supposed be semi-autos with 14 shot rotary magazine but the semi-auto mechanism failed so they are only available in bolt action, 14 shot rotary. The semi-autos are still in the works. At 28", these birds have a max of 5,000psi and 300cc tank but I usually fill it to 4500psi. Its regulated so it has an excellent string shot. A full tank, I can get 60 consistent shots and plenty of knock down power of 30FPE +. I've been shooting these birds in the back yard the last few weeks. Outstanding groups, same hole grouping at 25-30yds, 1/4" at 50yds+ and .375" at 75-80yds. 100yd+ I would need a 20x scope. I have shot and killed mice, squirrels and rabbits at 80yds+. Unlike your spring loaded or pumps, these things are absolutely quiet, all you hear is the impact of the pellets hitting its target only. I think these will be excellent for hunting in woods b/c its small, short and compact. Accuracy wise, I think these pcp are far more acurate then my 10/22's. I have been hunting with these pcp guns for the past 3 seasons so the Kidd & Volquartsen has been collecting dust. I'm very blessed and fortunate enough to own these as they are backyard friendly for year round.

Advertisements