Advertisement

Author Topic: R.I.P. Marco Simonelli  (Read 1105 times)

Finest

R.I.P. Marco Simonelli
« on: October 24, 2011, 10:34:26 AM »
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/motor/story/2011-10-23/Italian-rider-Marco-Simoncelli-dies-in-motocross-race/50882142/1

Nicknamed "Super Sic" and sporting a mop of curly hair, Simoncelli was predicted by many to be a future MotoGP world champion. He died a week after two-time Indianapolis 500 winner Dan Wheldon was killed in a 15-car accident in the Izod IndyCar Series finale at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway.

Simoncelli lost control of his Honda at Turn 11 four minutes into the Malaysian MotoGP. After regaining partial grip, Simoncelli's bike swerved across the track — and into the path of American Colin Edwards and Valentino Rossi of Italy.

R.I.P. brotha.   :'(

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Re: R.I.P. Marco Simonelli
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2011, 10:26:41 PM »
As with most athletes that died in the line of action, he was too young to go.

RIP MS

Finest

Re: R.I.P. Marco Simonelli
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2011, 08:41:33 AM »
It's a shame because he was one of the up and coming riders, always battling it out on the track with everyone with twice the budget and factory support.  It was awesome to see him get a podium finish (3rd) at Brno.  He was usually the fastest guy on the track, getting pole position and front row.  A few more years to polish up his riding and he would have been riding in the front of the pack each time.  You'll be missed Super Sic!  

Advertisements