Advertisement

Author Topic: Accounting Major  (Read 18835 times)

E92M3

Re: Accounting Major
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2012, 11:13:07 PM »
That's insane pay 300k-600k.  How many partners do your org have?  I suppose if you charge $200 per hour that's a grip load.

We have well over a couple thousand partners.  The pay at that level is insane but it comes with a lot of risks and rewards.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Lavender

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2012, 03:04:43 PM »
We have well over a couple thousand partners.  The pay at that level is insane but it comes with a lot of risks and rewards.
PCA can organize their own firm.  They will earn a lot of money. 

Lavender

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2012, 11:57:24 AM »
My brain does not want to think about accounting today.  All the ledgers....I just want to be free.

E92M3

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2012, 03:03:31 PM »
My brain does not want to think about accounting today.  All the ledgers....I just want to be free.

It's not that bad.  My brain hurts thinking about tax implications of mergers and acquisitions.  I'll trade you this for debits and credits. ;D

Lavender

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2012, 05:08:24 PM »
It's not that bad.  My brain hurts thinking about tax implications of mergers and acquisitions.  I'll trade you this for debits and credits. ;D
Ehehehe...I did our returns.  My brain was hurting for awhile until we finally completed them.  Lol....I'm getting there soon.  Will take tax and payroll next couple semesters.

I will be hurt more than you..... ;D  Imagine that credits and debits already make my head goes  :idiot2:

E92M3

« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2012, 05:20:23 PM »
Where do I sign up to make that kind of pay?  LOL...I can learn anything...Hec k, I can learn rocket science if that's the pay too.   :2funny:

There is a shortage of accounting students nationally.  This is projected to get worse.  Most states require a five year program such that when you graduate, you get your bachelor and masters at the same time.  Sign up at any accredited university:)

E92M3

« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2012, 05:29:07 PM »
Ehehehe...I did our returns.  My brain was hurting for awhile until we finally completed them.  Lol....I'm getting there soon.  Will take tax and payroll next couple semesters.

I will be hurt more than you..... ;D  Imagine that credits and debits already make my head goes  :idiot2:

Tax is totally different than accounting unless you're taking tax accounting then definitely you're head will hurt.  Tax was my favorite class.  You'll learn fundamentals of taxation such as choice of entity formation (i.e. C-Corp, LLC, Partnership, and S-Corp) and will likely get to prepare some individuals, partnership, and/or corporate returns if you're lucky.

Lavender

« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2012, 08:34:15 AM »
Tax is totally different than accounting unless you're taking tax accounting then definitely you're head will hurt.  Tax was my favorite class.  You'll learn fundamentals of taxation such as choice of entity formation (i.e. C-Corp, LLC, Partnership, and S-Corp) and will likely get to prepare some individuals, partnership, and/or corporate returns if you're lucky.
I don't know if it will be tax accounting or just general tax.  I like to learn, so I can file my own tax returns.  I don't want to pay. 

So are you already done with school?  Seems like you know a lot.

Evil_K_Man

« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2012, 11:23:12 AM »
Tax accounting is boring as hell.....

E92M3

« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2012, 03:04:18 PM »
I don't know if it will be tax accounting or just general tax.  I like to learn, so I can file my own tax returns.  I don't want to pay. 

So are you already done with school?  Seems like you know a lot.

Yes, it's been a while.  I was one of those nerds that somehow got through it;D. 

E92M3

« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2012, 03:06:51 PM »
Taxes... :'( :'( :'( :'(  I don't have time for go back to school for taxes.  I see what you do now...  Never mind...taxes make that kind of pay eh...  I suppose if I left my comfy job and started a consulting company for what I do, I can bill similar rates but connection is everything.

Anything is possible O0  You are right about connections.  It is all about it but that's the same in pretty much any industry.

Lavender

« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2012, 04:02:55 PM »
Yes, it's been a while.  I was one of those nerds that somehow got through it;D. 
I hope I will make it through as well.  And not only make it through but be able to use it and make big money of it.  :)

Lavender

« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2012, 08:16:37 AM »
So I got less two points on my LLC and partnership accounting test.  It was an easy test, but I made a silly mistake.  Ahahahaha...cr edit expense instead of debit.  :-X

E92M3

« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2012, 08:51:43 AM »
So I got less two points on my LLC and partnership accounting test.  It was an easy test, but I made a silly mistake.  Ahahahaha...cr edit expense instead of debit.  :-X

We all can't be perfect  O0  I hate thinking about debits and credits and T accounts.

Lavender

« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2012, 09:29:02 AM »
We all can't be perfect  O0  I hate thinking about debits and credits and T accounts.
I'm currently working on LLC and partnership.  About halfway through my assignment.  It's lots of headache.  :-X

Well, thanks to Quickbooks.... the program takes care of T accounts. 

Ummm, do you know how to use Quickbooks?

Advertisements