Advertisement

Author Topic: www.hmongflix.com - a new DVD rental website for Hmong people  (Read 20521 times)

hmongflix

www.hmongflix.com - a new DVD rental website for Hmong people
« on: November 18, 2011, 10:07:25 PM »
Hello,

Please visit out website atwww.hmongflix. com for more information.

Thanks.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Berthold

Re: www.hmongflix.com - a new DVD rental website for Hmong people
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2011, 11:36:58 PM »
I like the this part about, the about us...

About Usds dhdkas dhkajsdhjka sfjhkas fhdjask fhjad fhkjafhka

YesWeCan

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2011, 11:57:49 PM »
When will you learn that marketing to a SMALL market is an instant epic fail????

softlips

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2011, 06:05:00 AM »
wow....I'm impressed!

It'd be nice if we can stream it though......I'm not very good with DVD's.

No regret

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2011, 06:24:05 AM »
good business idea.... but be sure to provide only good quality DVDs only though.  There was this hmong movie rental place I used to go to, they have all these other oriental movies too but I stopped going there becus some of their DVD qualities are really bad and they still used it and rented it out.  On a few occasions I got those really bad quality DVDs, it made me stopped going there.

Can't express enough the importance of quality in every business.

softlips

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2011, 06:26:00 AM »
good business idea.... but be sure to provide only good quality DVDs only though.  There was this hmong movie rental place I used to go to, they have all these other oriental movies too but I stopped going there becus some of their DVD qualities are really bad and they still used it and rented it out.  On a few occasions I got those really bad quality DVDs, it made me stopped going there.

I agree! totally sucks when it doesnt play or skips too much....it just gets annoying.

No regret

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2011, 07:22:38 AM »
Ok I was reading this movie's story line and I thought it could easily be more interesting.

Story line:

Chapolean Vang plays Ywj Pheej sent to Thailand to search for a place to build a resort. Along the way he met a girl named Ka Siab (Hnub Lee), a poor farm girl who shows him the beauty of Thailand. They soon quickly fell in love, however Vam (Txaj Thao) is Kaj Siab's jealous boyfriend and upon knowing of their growing relationship ordered his thug's to beat Ywj Pheej up and frame him for drugs. Once Ywj Pheej is locked up Kaj Siab is forced to marry Vam. Months goes by and Kaj Siab's marriage with Vam is getting worse and her mother has also just passed away. She decides to leave Vam and comes home to deal with her mother's funeral as best as she can. With no money, she is ends up  being a poor servant awaiting a better day.

Story line revised:  

He (Ywj Pheej ) met her, she (Ka Siab) showed him the warmth and beauty of her heart and they fell in love.  This other guy (Txaj Thao) who has liked her a lot ever since got very jealous of them and sets Ywj Pheej up for drug tracfficking and puts him in Jail for a very long time.  Txag Thao who's family is wealthy then did the hmong style of proposing to her parents and offering a good amount of dowry for her hand in marriage.  Her parents couldn't refused the offer so they forced and talked Ka Siab into accepting his marriage proposal.  Ka Saib didn't found out until later on in the marriage that it was Txag who put her loving boyfriend Ywj Pheej in jail.  After she knew about it, she was devastated and didn't want to have anything to do with Txag anymore.  But because Txag loves her too and she didn't want their kid to be fatherless if the truth gets out and Txag goes to jail instead.  Feeling torn between the two of them and bad for Ywj Pheej, she made a deal with Txaj that if he can set Ywj Pheej free from prison she will remain married to him.  Txaj's family is wealthy so he was able to get the money to buy Ywj Pheej's freedom from prison.  After realeased Ywj Pheej thought they would rekindle their love, but she sadly told him she belong to someobody else now who's already the father of her child.  She "tearfully" told him she wanted to help set him free cause she believed he's innocent...he "tearfull" thanks her and wishes her well. The end. :)

« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 07:36:36 AM by No regret »

hmongflix

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2011, 11:57:39 PM »
I like the this part about, the about us...

About Usds dhdkas dhkajsdhjka sfjhkas fhdjask fhjad fhkjafhka

Hi Berthold,

When you were viewing the website was still under construction. It is now fixed.

Thank you.
hmongflix.com staff

hmongflix

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2011, 12:01:34 AM »
When will you learn that marketing to a SMALL market is an instant epic fail????

Hi YesWeCan,

We appreciate your opinion but we will continue this service to the Hmong people as planned.

Thanks,
hmongflix.com staff

hmongflix

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2011, 12:04:52 AM »
wow....I'm impressed!

It'd be nice if we can stream it though......I'm not very good with DVD's.

Hi softlips,

Streaming is feature we plan to add on our website for members in the future.

Thanks,
hmongflix.com staff

hmongflix

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2011, 12:12:26 AM »

Hi No regret,

DVDs sent out to members are all original copies made by the production company. We cleaned and visually inspect each DVD prior to shipping. If a DVD is not playable, we will take it out of our inventory.

Thanks,
hmongflix.com staff

hmongflix

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2011, 12:17:08 AM »
Ok I was reading this movie's story line and I thought it could easily be more interesting.

Story line:

Chapolean Vang plays Ywj Pheej sent to Thailand to search for a place to build a resort. Along the way he met a girl named Ka Siab (Hnub Lee), a poor farm girl who shows him the beauty of Thailand. They soon quickly fell in love, however Vam (Txaj Thao) is Kaj Siab's jealous boyfriend and upon knowing of their growing relationship ordered his thug's to beat Ywj Pheej up and frame him for drugs. Once Ywj Pheej is locked up Kaj Siab is forced to marry Vam. Months goes by and Kaj Siab's marriage with Vam is getting worse and her mother has also just passed away. She decides to leave Vam and comes home to deal with her mother's funeral as best as she can. With no money, she is ends up  being a poor servant awaiting a better day.

Story line revised:  

He (Ywj Pheej ) met her, she (Ka Siab) showed him the warmth and beauty of her heart and they fell in love.  This other guy (Txaj Thao) who has liked her a lot ever since got very jealous of them and sets Ywj Pheej up for drug tracfficking and puts him in Jail for a very long time.  Txag Thao who's family is wealthy then did the hmong style of proposing to her parents and offering a good amount of dowry for her hand in marriage.  Her parents couldn't refused the offer so they forced and talked Ka Siab into accepting his marriage proposal.  Ka Saib didn't found out until later on in the marriage that it was Txag who put her loving boyfriend Ywj Pheej in jail.  After she knew about it, she was devastated and didn't want to have anything to do with Txag anymore.  But because Txag loves her too and she didn't want their kid to be fatherless if the truth gets out and Txag goes to jail instead.  Feeling torn between the two of them and bad for Ywj Pheej, she made a deal with Txaj that if he can set Ywj Pheej free from prison she will remain married to him.  Txaj's family is wealthy so he was able to get the money to buy Ywj Pheej's freedom from prison.  After realeased Ywj Pheej thought they would rekindle their love, but she sadly told him she belong to someobody else now who's already the father of her child.  She "tearfully" told him she wanted to help set him free cause she believed he's innocent...he "tearfull" thanks her and wishes her well. The end. :)

Hi again No regret,

We hired some people to do the writing and I guess they didn't do a very good job. You are actually good at writing synopsis. Interested in making some extra cash on the side writing synopsis for us? If so please contact us via email [email protected]

Thanks,
hmongflix.com staff

« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 12:19:39 AM by hmongflix »

Chewy

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2011, 12:46:27 PM »

Story line:

Story line revised:  

Personally I think that the original Story Line written is weak as well but sufficient.  Movie browsers are looking for a quick preview, not an entire plot.

But, going with the story line you gave... here's one with corrected grammar as well as a correction on past-present tense.

Story Line Revised - The edited version:
Ywj Pheej (Chapolean Vang) meets Ka Siab, who shows him the warmth and beauty of Thailand as well as her heart, and the two fall deeply in love.  The fairy tale love was not to be though when Txaj Thao, who had been infatuated with Ka Siab long since childhood, becomes jealous of the couple's love and sets up Ywj Pheej to take a fall for drug trafficking charges which lands Ywj Pheej behind bars for a long time.  Txag Thao, whose family is wealthy, then continues to carry out his evil plot by putting together an arranged marriage with Ka Siab.  Txaj persuades her parents by offering a large of dowry for her hand in marriage.  Her parents can't refuse such a generous offer and in turn convinces Ka Siab into accepting the marriage arrangement.  She reluctantly accepts.  Later on after Txaj and Ka's marriage life had settles in; Ka Siab finds out that it was Txag who put her loving boyfriend Ywj Pheej in jail.  She is devastated and doesn't want anything to do with Txag after discovering the horrible secret.  Txaj, who loves Ka Siab and their child too much to see them in pain, offers to expose the drug trafficking truth and in turn be incarcerated in place of Ywj Pheej.  Feeling torn between her lover and her new life (feeling especially guilty for Ywj Pheej) she makes a deal with Txaj.  If Txaj is able to set Ywj Pheej free from prison, she will remain married to him.  Due to Txaj's family wealth, he was able to get the money to buy Ywj Pheej's freedom.  After being realeased, Ywj Pheej thinks that he and Ka Siab would rekindle their love, but she sadly tells him that she belongs to someobody else now who is the father of her child.  She "tearfully" tells him she wanted to help set him free because she always believed he was innocent...he "tearfully" thanks her and wishes her well. The end. :)

As I said before.  A little tweaking of the original storyline would be sufficient for the majority of movie browsers.

« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 12:53:34 PM by Chewy »

Offline thehotone

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +18
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2011, 01:07:48 PM »
is this a working site now?

hmongflix

« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2011, 09:43:03 PM »
is this a working site now?

Hello thehotone,

The site is up and running with customer's receiving their requested DVDs already.

Regards,
Hmongflix Staff

Advertisements