Advertisement

Author Topic: Oh Christmas Tree oh Christmas Tree...  (Read 27734 times)

Offline Ron Burgundy

• Sr. Poster
  • Handsome Man's Club Applicant
  • Respect: +161
    • View Profile
Re: Oh Christmas Tree oh Christmas Tree...
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2011, 02:07:56 AM »
Very pretty ladies!  I asked the s/o if he wanted a xmas tree and said NO. He doesn't want to pay for electricty, no room to store the tree, and a waste of money. I guess no xmas tree here.  :-[

Wow! :o  What a negative cheapskate... :-[ 

Is his name Ebenezer Scrooge?? ::)

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

DeceiversChick

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2011, 10:17:34 AM »
Wow! :o  What a negative cheapskate... :-[ 

Is his name Ebenezer Scrooge?? ::)

I asked him the other night why is he not in the christmas mood? He said cause there are no kids. So I asked him Did your family ever had a christmas tree and decorated it? He said not really cause his parents were always busy and he never got what he wanted. I said No wonder you don't care about christmas! It's the thought that counts and not the actual item. My family always celebrated christmas and we had a tree every year. I always look forward to xmas cause it's the only time of the year to hangout with family. Then he said Oh sorry we can get a tree if you like? I said Nah it's ok. We can buy xmas stuff after christmas since it will be cheaper.

In conclusion I guess he didn't care cause it wasn't a tradition in his family to celebrate it. I will definitely change that next year.  O0

Like this post: -1

Moo.Moo.Yee

« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2011, 10:26:16 AM »
My tiny little tree! I hope we can get a bigger tree next year.

yes

« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2011, 11:19:02 AM »
Wowswers!! You ladies did an awesome job!!

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +203
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2011, 06:41:10 PM »

I asked him the other night why is he not in the christmas mood? He said cause there are no kids. So I asked him Did your family ever had a christmas tree and decorated it? He said not really cause his parents were always busy and he never got what he wanted. I said No wonder you don't care about christmas! It's the thought that counts and not the actual item. My family always celebrated christmas and we had a tree every year. I always look forward to xmas cause it's the only time of the year to hangout with family. Then he said Oh sorry we can get a tree if you like? I said Nah it's ok. We can buy xmas stuff after christmas since it will be cheaper.

In conclusion I guess he didn't care cause it wasn't a tradition in his family to celebrate it. I will definitely change that next year.  O0

Nothing is tradition to my husband either but then he doesn't stop us from celebrating, decorating, etc.  As long as the kids and I are in the spirit of doing it then he's fine.

Go grab some stuffs after X-Mas is over and all the sale are on because that what I do every year for other items but not a tree since the current one I got is already one of those big expensive one that I got for 50% off or was it 75% at the last minute.  I gave my old tree away.  I have a list of what I am looking forward to grab and search this time so I'll be more prepared to decorate next year since my house is bigger and a more permanent home that I can do whatever I want vs. old house.

Offline Ron Burgundy

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2011, 01:10:38 AM »

If he needs kids to be in the Christmas mood, then he should be buying gifts for nieces and nephews - yours and his, or find a volunteer opportunity where they deliver presents to kids. 

Also, find out what he didn't get as a kid (which made him such a sour puss), i.e. what he really loved, and get it for him (from ebay).  Maybe Transformers, Voltron, GI Joe, She-Ra, Jem, whatever.... :2funny:

zena

« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2011, 11:29:33 PM »
For my first Christmas with husband (when our first kid wasn't born yet), we got a discounted real tree a couple of days before Christmas Eve.  We didn't have much money or space in our first apartment together but we were in the spirits of things.  I have a photo of us with the tree and it puts a smile on my face when I see it.

DC, tell him that you don't need to put all the lights and stuff on the tree if electricity is going to be an issue.  If space is an issue, get a small one like asdfghjkl.  :)

DeceiversChick

« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2011, 11:55:53 AM »
Nothing is tradition to my husband either but then he doesn't stop us from celebrating, decorating, etc.  As long as the kids and I are in the spirit of doing it then he's fine.

Go grab some stuffs after X-Mas is over and all the sale are on because that what I do every year for other items but not a tree since the current one I got is already one of those big expensive one that I got for 50% off or was it 75% at the last minute.  I gave my old tree away.  I have a list of what I am looking forward to grab and search this time so I'll be more prepared to decorate next year since my house is bigger and a more permanent home that I can do whatever I want vs. old house.
Yep, I told him the other day when we went shopping for a friends holiday party that we will buy ornaments after Xmas. It will be reduced to 50% or more. So he said Yes.

If he needs kids to be in the Christmas mood, then he should be buying gifts for nieces and nephews - yours and his, or find a volunteer opportunity where they deliver presents to kids. 

Also, find out what he didn't get as a kid (which made him such a sour puss), i.e. what he really loved, and get it for him (from ebay).  Maybe Transformers, Voltron, GI Joe, She-Ra, Jem, whatever.... :2funny:
He does have nieces and nephews and he's buying stuff for them. He didn't find it necessary for his own house since he's a bachelor.

DC, tell him that you don't need to put all the lights and stuff on the tree if electricity is going to be an issue.  If space is an issue, get a small one like asdfghjkl.  :)
Yea I'm thinking of colorful and pretty ornaments for next year. I'm thinking of a small one only since his home is sortof small.

Lady_Fallin

« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2011, 09:32:44 PM »

Moo.Moo.Yee

« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2011, 03:41:36 PM »
Lady Fallin I like how you color coordinated your gift wrapping with the decor on your tree!

DeceiversChick

« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2011, 04:03:35 PM »
LF, is the door behind the presents being used? I hope not.

SueSparkle

« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2011, 04:51:56 PM »
Since the last picture I posted, I've added quite a few more presents in...  :)

Like this post: +1

Lady_Fallin

« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2011, 01:01:31 AM »
Nope, the front door is never used. :D SueSparkle, that's a gorgeous tree!  I like the gold stuff hanging down. I never have the patience to do that. :(

Offline Ron Burgundy

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2011, 01:27:52 AM »
Nope, the front door is never used. :D SueSparkle, that's a gorgeous tree!  I like the gold stuff hanging down. I never have the patience to do that. :(

Those little stringys are a PITA to clean up afterwards. :P  So are all the pine needles from a real tree.   ;)

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +203
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2011, 04:39:43 PM »
Since the last picture I posted, I've added quite a few more presents in...  :)

I have no present under the tree anymore because the kids all want thier present right away and only demand to get what they want so husband and I just said open your present and buy or order online what they want and forget it otherwise all I hear is from my 4 yo. son........is it x-mas yet every single morning or do he have school. 

I already got my choice of washer and dryer purchased Monday night.  One little thing I might still asked my husband is just a bigger flat screen tv with his end of the year bonus.

Advertisements