Advertisement

Author Topic: Ducati Reliability?  (Read 5160 times)

Offline Boost

• Jr. Poster
  • "Year Of The Dragon"
  • Respect: +19
    • View Profile
Ducati Reliability?
« on: December 27, 2011, 12:19:32 PM »
I really want to purchase a Ducati for my next bike.  Many of my friends are telling me to look else where because Ducatis aren't reliable.  I was just wondering what everyone's input is on this.  Thanks in advance.

Like this post: 0
GR Supra - Armaspeed, AWE, Function Werk, Forge, JB4..
S2000 - AP1 w/AP2 Swap, GT35, Haltech, AEM, Tial, T1R..
RX400h - Hybrid

Adverstisement

Finest

Re: Ducati Reliability?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2011, 09:32:46 PM »
They're as reliable as their owner chooses to keep them maintained properly.  But I suggest riding or sitting on a few bikes to get a feel for how a Duc feels.  Some people say  they're not too bad, others send their chiropractor's kids through college.   :2funny: 

Finest

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2011, 02:06:07 PM »
How many miles are on yours HPA?   ???

Offline Toua

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +43
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2011, 08:17:49 PM »
not bashing on Ducati's, but according to the many duc owners i've come across online said duc's required 2-3x the maintenance (cost more too) and is less reliable than Jap bikes. They also mentioned how uncomfortable  it is to ride for more than 30 mins. It's more of a track bike. Not a bike you wanna ride around town for hours.. Got sit on one for a few minutes and you'll know. I sat on one at the dealership and it's definitely not comfortable. Seat pad toooo thin and the tank is a killer on your crotch..

personally, i think duc's are more of a show bike. Not your everyday bike.  Kind of like 1911 handguns. Nice to look at and cost a ton, but isn't as reliable as other handguns..

« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 08:20:45 PM by Toua »

Never risk your life for those who will not do the same...

Offline Pocket Aces

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2011, 03:34:14 AM »

personally, i think duc's are more of a show bike. Not your everyday bike.  Kind of like 1911 handguns. Nice to look at and cost a ton, but isn't as reliable as other handguns..

Owns a Yamaha .... knocks on Ducati (its typical, no?) 

OP check out http://www.ducatiminneapolis.com/

Ask for Fred (I think he still works there. Hell, talk to any of the guys who greets you).  You'll probably get a better
response from them. They were VERY helpfull when I wanted to purchase a new 848.

Show them this thread...they'll probably tell you Toua's a tool for speaking out of his ass.

I like my women the same way I like milk white and fat free

Offline Toua

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2011, 04:15:54 AM »
Owns a Yamaha .... knocks on Ducati (its typical, no?)  

OP check out http://www.ducatiminneapolis.com/

Ask for Fred (I think he still works there. Hell, talk to any of the guys who greets you).  You'll probably get a better
response from them. They were VERY helpfull when I wanted to purchase a new 848.

Show them this thread...they'll probably tell you Toua's a tool for speaking out of his ass.

Tool? did i offended someone? LOL! Duc riders always criticizing other bikes but when their bikes are criticized, they get all butt hurt like you..  :2funny:  i'm not even knocking on Ducati's.  Of course to me, it's more like a show bike. I can ride my R1 for 3-5 hrs straight and my ass still feel great. 16k miles and still runs like a champ. >:D I bet you wouldn't last 1 hr on your 848. Tried riding your 848 for 3+ hrs straight yet?   And since you think i am knocking on Duc's, i'll will then.. I think ducati's are overrated. That's why Rossi and other duc riders had problems with Duc bikes in MotoGP... Rossi did better when he was on the R1 vs Duc.  Rossi is an awesome rider and absolutely horrible since moving to team Duc.. Many would agreed that he should've stuck with Yamaha..

And i bet your 848 will need a valve clearance check before i even get my R1 done....  I understand it is hard to swallow that for the price of duc's and  their reliability isn't all that great...  ::) duc riders will NEVER admit or mention about their Duc bike problems because it will ruin their huge EGO..

like i said, a Ducati is like a nice 1911 hand gun and all others are like glocks.  BTW, is your 848 an EVO? Hope it is. Pointless to spend the $$$ for a Duc if you're not even gonna get the upper model.

« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 04:33:58 AM by Toua »

Offline Toua

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2011, 04:22:12 AM »
And don't use the phrase, "cuz you can't afford a Ducati..." Even if i could afford one, I won't touch one. I like to be comfortable. BTW, my next bike is either a 2011+ ZX10R or S1000R when i am a much better rider.  Leaning towards the 10R cuz it looks better though slightly slower than the S1000R

« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 04:27:01 AM by Toua »

Offline Pocket Aces

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2011, 04:39:02 AM »
Tool? did i offended someone? LOL! Duc riders always criticizing other bikes but when their bikes are criticized, they get all butt hurt like you..  :2funny:  i'm not even knocking on Ducati's.  Of course to me, it's more like a show bike. I can ride my R1 for 3-5 hrs straight and my ass still feel great. I bet you wouldn't last 1 hr on your 848.   And since you think i am knocking on Duc's, i'll will then.. I think ducati's are overrated. That's why Rossi and other duc riders had problems with Duc bikes in MotoGP... Rossi did better when he was on the R1 vs Duc.  Rossi is an awesome rider and absolutely horrible since moving to team Duc.. Many would agreed that he should've stuck with Yamaha..

And i bet your 848 will need a valve clearance check before i even get my R1 done....  I understand it is hard to swallow that for the price of duc's and  their reliability isn't all that great...  ::)

like i said, a Ducati is like a nice 1911 hand gun and all others are like glocks.

Damn dude.. did i sleep with your sister and not marry her or something? SRSLy....duck! OP, know any hot girls? It's obvious hot head Toua
has gotten out of line here.  

Offline Pocket Aces

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2011, 04:41:13 AM »
And don't use the phrase, "cuz you can't afford a Ducati..." Even if i could afford one, I won't touch one. I like to be comfortable. BTW, my next bike is either a 2011+ ZX10R or S1000R when i am a much better rider.  Leaning towards the 10R cuz it looks better though slightly slower than the S1000R

who the duck died and mad you god....assshat? 

Offline Toua

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2011, 04:44:41 AM »
Damn dude.. did i sleep with your sister and not marry her or something? SRSLy....duck! OP, know any hot girls? It's obvious hot head Toua
has gotten out of line here.   

what's wrong with throwing some facts/opinions out there? Too hard to swallow?

Offline Toua

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2011, 04:47:19 AM »

who the duck died and mad you god....assshat? 

WTF? so you think i think i am a god now?  :idiot2: :2funny:

Offline Boost

• Jr. Poster
  • "Year Of The Dragon"
  • Respect: +19
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2011, 11:49:15 AM »
WTF?  It this sh|t just went straight to Jerry Springer's show.   :2funny:

Anyhow if I were to aquire a Ducati sports bike I'd be bias towards the 998.  As a child the 916 had always been my childhood dream bike.  I used to go around and buy those little model bikes of it.  So this would be the bike for me.

However I am leaning towards a cruiser slash sports bike.  I like the Diavel AMG

O0  Its a hit miss design for most people but I like it a lot.

GR Supra - Armaspeed, AWE, Function Werk, Forge, JB4..
S2000 - AP1 w/AP2 Swap, GT35, Haltech, AEM, Tial, T1R..
RX400h - Hybrid

yuknowthat

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2012, 11:53:00 AM »
I really want to purchase a Ducati for my next bike.  Many of my friends are telling me to look else where because Ducatis aren't reliable.  I was just wondering what everyone's input is on this.  Thanks in advance.
love the ducs..but i'll stick with the yammies..

Vangpao

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2012, 05:34:55 PM »

Get one if you want one.
Just keep in mind that it's a v-twin. It's going to want to shake. Therefore; faring bolts, head bolts, and all other sundries of torqued bolts will need attention.

Like some that want to compare the Duc.'s power plant to an in-line motor-with it's linear drive ability delivery- It's like saying my DNA is exactly like yours.

The real questions here are:

What's your riding style?

Lower R.P.M.s with more torque for rolling on the throttle?

High and near red-line with constant thought to picking the correct gear to keep the bike spinning at 10,000?

Are you buying an apple or an orange?

You make the choice on where you want the power delivery.

Advertisements