Advertisement

Author Topic: Bible Study - Class meets on Thursday from 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM CST.  (Read 132954 times)

LadyLionness

I have been wanting to start one in here, but didn't know if enough people would be interested.  Seems like there are.

I prefer a straight out of the Bible type of study... meaning that the Bible is the main text with others as additional resources.

Note:  If you are not part of the group and have a legitimate question, please feel free to ask and we will do our best to answer.  However, if you just want to debate or cause trouble, go to the Faith and Religion Forum, this is not the right thread and I will ask the Mods to delete your post without any warning.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 06:35:22 AM by LadyLionness »

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

cali_lady

Re: Bible Study - Class is in session...
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2011, 03:03:48 PM »
 O0 I am...

cali_lady

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2011, 03:11:41 PM »
I have this bright pink one the hub bought me  ;D

Student version -NIV...so much easier than the King James version...i'm a new believer and it took me awhile to finally give in after a little over 2 yrs. of our marriage...he came from a Christian family all his life...

I finally got baptized last yr.  :)

« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 01:14:05 PM by LadyLionness »

cali_lady

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2011, 03:16:20 PM »
I also have a copy of the NIV version.  But the color of the cover is different though. ;D

LOL i'm sure it is...

I'm so embarrass to carry this one to church because it's like bam! out there...so sometimes i use my iphone only  :2funny:

sunsets

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2011, 03:25:59 PM »
I want in too buutttt....I'm starting BSF in a few weeks and am afraid I won't be able to commit to this online bible class.

How often are we meeting "online'.  ;D

Btw, I have an NIV bible, along with King James and a Life Application bible as well.  :)

LadyLionness

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2011, 03:39:06 PM »
Just whenever... but I would like for all of us to start at the same place and read from there.  Try to keep up with each other and the discussions.

LadyLionness

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2011, 03:41:50 PM »

Devotional Bible-NCV-Personal: Experience the Heart of Jesus
This one is my favorite and I have two copies of it... one is mine and one is my daughter's b/c she kept on stealing mine. 

I like it b/c it's easy to read.  You don't need additional resources to understand the scriptures.  However, to get the most of it, I would recommend reading the devotional on the sides after reading each chapters. 

The best thing about this Bible is that it has a check list at the front of the Bible that has enough for a daily reading... so you always know where you have left off and seeing all the check marks helps you to see your progress... which is always helpful.

LadyLionness

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2011, 03:51:59 PM »
Here's some pages from the Max Lucado Devotional bible... fyi... both images from above are of the same blbe... one is hard cover and one is leather bound.

the checklist I was talking about...

sunsets

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2011, 04:24:14 PM »
What's BSF?   ;D

I think we should meet at least once or twice online on a weekly basis. O0 ;D

It's a bible study group.  ;D

Yeah, meeting once a week is good.

LadyLionness

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2011, 04:25:51 PM »
Here is a sample of the introduction.  His intro makes me want to keep on reading through the old testament...

LadyLionness

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2011, 04:27:48 PM »
Here is a sample page of the devotional that goes with each chapter or theme...

LadyLionness

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2011, 04:28:36 PM »
I will check that version at the Bible store near our house.  Will let you know if I decide to buy it or not.  K?

Even Barnes and Noble carries this Bible... the hard cover is usually $25 and the hard cover is $40.

moscato

« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2011, 04:28:58 PM »
I have a hmong version and meeka bible. I can't read hmong but I thought it would be cool to have one. lol might give it to my parents.

I would like to join the bible study but meeting twice a week is a bit much considering im still going to school.
Ladylionness, the devotional bible you have looks pretty awesome.

LadyLionness

« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2011, 04:31:40 PM »
I have a hmong version and meeka bible. I can't read hmong but I thought it would be cool to have one. lol might give it to my parents.

I would like to join the bible study but meeting twice a week is a bit much considering im still going to school.
Ladylionness, the devotional bible you have looks pretty awesome.

Once a week formally and then post away whenever you have an insight or question.

Yes, I usually recommend this Bible to most people who are serious about studying the Bible.  If it's too hard to understand, you will get tired after a while... and especially if you have to carry a concordance around whenever you are reading your Bible, you will give up too.

I will try to take some photos of my personal Bible... I have written all over it underlined it...

LadyLionness

« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2011, 04:35:36 PM »
Currently, I am reading through this Bible...  The main theme is having Jesus as your role model on how to be a good leader.  I would recommend this one for anyone currently working in the corporate world or in any leadership positions.  I can't find any examples on line, so I will have to take pictures from my own Bible. 

The Maxwell Leadership Bible Developing Leaders From The Word Of God

Advertisements