Advertisement

Author Topic: Bible Study - Class meets on Thursday from 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM CST.  (Read 132377 times)

LadyLionness

Re: Bible Study - Class meets on Thursday from 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM CST.
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2012, 10:52:06 AM »
+1 I love this idea, LadyLionness! I was thinking of starting something like this on PH a long time ago, but I'm not online enough. You all will still have my support. O0 I too can tag along/ participate when I get the chance.

Yes, we will welcome your presence... any time... would love your contribution on the discussions.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

LadyLionness

« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2012, 10:53:31 AM »
You didn't have to invite me.  I invited myself when I heard "Bible Studying" in the Marriage forum.  Will have to read this thread on my lunch break.  Thanks, LL. 

Wind, that's how it want it to be... for people to invite themselves.  God and starting a journey with him is a very personal choice that everyone of us will have to make on our own.  I don't ever want to pressure anyone or make them feel like they are obligated to go along.

LadyLionness

« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2012, 12:32:49 PM »
Introduction to Mark (Courtesy of The Maxwell Leadership Bible)

The Book of Mark goes straight to the point - discussing Jesus' identity, the role of suffering, and the necessity of faith.  Mark paints a picture of Jesus as a Servant-Leader.  He clearly and concisely portrays Christ as a compassionate model to follow.  He described Jesus as the suffering Servant who engaged in consistent ministry to others through healing, teaching, feeling, encouraging, and restoring the broken.

Mark sees Jesus as the Ultimate Leader.  Mark's picture portrays Him not so much as the Messiah but as the model for all people.  Jesus gave Himself to others.  He spend Himself meeting physical needs.  He spent time with His twelve staff members.  He empowered those twelve for ministry.  He spent time teaching the people.  More than anything, Mark teaches us that the Master considers relationships to be paramount - extremely important.

In this book, we see Jesus demonstrating the Laws of Empowerment, Sacrifice, Connection, Priorities, Timing, and Legacy.

LadyLionness

« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2012, 09:30:21 PM »
Key Themes (Courtesy of Max Lucado - The Devotional Bible)

1.  Jesus was a savior and yet a servant.
2.  Jesus gave his life as a sacrifice for humanity's broken relationship with God.
3.  Jesus performed miracles through the power of God.
4.  Jesus taught about the kingdom of God.

Key Verses:  In the same way, the Son of Man did not come to be sereved.  He came to serve others and to give his life as a ransom for many people.  Mark 10:45

« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 10:12:20 AM by LadyLionness »

WindComeWindBlow

« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2012, 11:59:57 AM »
Is it my time?  It's 12:00PM here in the Midwest. 

LadyLionness

« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2012, 12:06:41 PM »
Yes it is.  Roll call... lolz

LadyLionness

« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2012, 12:07:25 PM »
OK, where's everybody at in your readings?  I barely finished chapter 1.  

Any questions?

Insights?

Aha's

Comments?

« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 12:14:06 PM by LadyLionness »

WindComeWindBlow

« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2012, 12:09:35 PM »
I read to the part about divorces/marriages. 

moscato

« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2012, 12:11:40 PM »
I stopped at chapter 2.

cali_lady

« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2012, 12:15:25 PM »
I just put on my iphone app and it does the reading for me while i'm in bed listening to it...the hub and I have been listening to it ..and we're on Chapter 4...wait is it mark??

why does it only take us two days to get to chapter 4? am i doing this right?  :2funny:

« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 12:17:04 PM by cali_lady »

moscato

« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2012, 12:17:34 PM »
I just put on my iphone app and it does the reading for me while i'm in bed listening to it...the hub and I have been listening to it ..and we're on Chapter 4...wait is it mark??

why does it only take us two days to get to chapter 4? am i doing this right?  :2funny:

I thought we were reading the book of Mark? lol

LadyLionness

« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2012, 12:17:58 PM »
Ephesians 6:10-18
New International Version (NIV)
The Armor of God

10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.
 18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people.

I am no expert - even though my husband is a pastor, we are two separate people in minds and knowledge - so I brought 5 swords with me today.

Max Lucado's The Devotional Bilbe

John Maxwell's Leadership Bible

Life Application Study Bible (one in NIV and one in King James Version (my very first Bilbe))

and lastly my NKJV Chronological Study Bible - in case someone have a question about what happens when and what happens first...

cali_lady

« Reply #42 on: January 05, 2012, 12:19:08 PM »
oops, maybe i misunderstood. .. :-\ will go back and reread all the postings....i keep calling someone a ph blondie and now I'm a blondie myself  :2funny:

LadyLionness

« Reply #43 on: January 05, 2012, 12:20:46 PM »
I read to the part about divorces/marriages. 

How far are you in your reading?  What have you read already?  And what is the verse about divorces/ marriages?

cali_lady

« Reply #44 on: January 05, 2012, 12:21:21 PM »
he's more familiar w/ all these books and bible stuff...i'm such a newbie.....i'll have him come read the posts so he'll understand it better so we can keep up to pace w/ u all... :P

Advertisements