Advertisement

Author Topic: Bible Study - Class meets on Thursday from 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM CST.  (Read 133107 times)

LadyLionness

Re: Bible Study - Class meets on Thursday from 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM CST.
« Reply #60 on: January 05, 2012, 02:24:10 PM »
That was intense.  

How so, hardly anyone made a peep.... I did all the talking... definitely not my intention... lolz...

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

moscato

« Reply #61 on: January 05, 2012, 02:31:14 PM »
im reading...  ;)  O0

LadyLionness

« Reply #62 on: January 05, 2012, 02:34:00 PM »
Jot down your thoughts... insights... etc... especially how you can see this working in your life.

cali_lady

« Reply #63 on: January 05, 2012, 02:34:15 PM »
i'm reading too...hahah..i don't know what to ask...that's all...but i'm learning alot

moscato

« Reply #64 on: January 05, 2012, 02:35:36 PM »
I forgot my bible and notebook at home.  :( Thank you to LL for doing the opening and closing prayer.

LadyLionness

« Reply #65 on: January 05, 2012, 02:45:05 PM »
I forgot my bible and notebook at home.  :( Thank you to LL for doing the opening and closing prayer.

You are welcome... come back and comment after you have a chance to look at your notes and Bible.  I want to do this b/c I want everyone's input and I want a big discussion to be going... during the session and even all week long.

Going forward, we will probably ask different people to open and close... this way we can all get more comfortable with praying.  I know that I used to be intimidated by it and people expected me to be comfortable b/c my husband is a pastor.  Another thing is that when I am infront of a crowd, I forget how to speak Hmong and can only pray in English... lolz...

But I have come to learn to prayer is basically talking to God... as you would talk to your mom or dad.  Nothing fancy...

WindComeWindBlow

« Reply #66 on: January 05, 2012, 03:07:12 PM »
How so, hardly anyone made a peep.... I did all the talking... definitely not my intention... lolz...

I noticed the Bible emphasized a lot about love.  What you described how Jesus reached out to heal the guy with Leprosy truly showed how Jesus cared for people.  That's intense to me.  

I have some questions to some of the parables but can't really remember what they were.  When I get a chance I will look it up. 

LadyLionness

« Reply #67 on: January 05, 2012, 03:10:29 PM »
I noticed the Bible emphasized a lot about love.  What you described how Jesus reached out to heal the guy with Leprosy truly showed how Jesus cared for people.  That's intense to me.  

I have some questions to some of the parables but can't really remember what they were.  When I get a chance I will look it up.  

Wind, wait until we get there... so that we can all participate and learn together....

And yes, the Bible does emphasis a lot about love, that's why I don't necessarily agree with trying to get people to believe by putting the fear of God in them... I want to show them that above all, God is a God of love... "fear" if it is even that... should be fear b/c we respect him... not b/c we are terrified of him... yes he is powerful... yes, vengeance is his... and when he metes it out... it goes straight to the bone... but He loves us and all the non-believer too... and sometimes... people forget that...

« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 03:13:36 PM by LadyLionness »

WindComeWindBlow

« Reply #68 on: January 05, 2012, 03:20:10 PM »
Amen to that.  God is always faithful.

LadyLionness

« Reply #69 on: January 05, 2012, 03:49:03 PM »
Lolz... Moscato, looks like you and I will have to hurry up and read some more... lolz

Since people are going quite fast, let's try to do 2 to 4 chapters per week.

For those of us that are a little or a lot behind, let's read Mark Chapters 2, 3, and 4.  Please come with questions and comments...

LadyLionness

« Reply #70 on: January 05, 2012, 03:50:10 PM »
Those of you that are far ahead, please read and jot down questions and comments and come share with us....

cali_lady

« Reply #71 on: January 05, 2012, 04:02:00 PM »
Can I have my husband ask question too?  :P he's not active in here, but I can relay the info to him  :P

LadyLionness

« Reply #72 on: January 05, 2012, 05:05:51 PM »
Can I have my husband ask question too?  :P he's not active in here, but I can relay the info to him  :P

Absolutely.

And I will have my husband answer them... lolz... b/c I will probably get stumped...hehe he

LadyLionness

« Reply #73 on: January 05, 2012, 05:06:59 PM »
I just want to remind everyone that you want to read through the Bible at a good speed, but remember to internalize what you are reading...

LadyLionness

« Reply #74 on: January 09, 2012, 04:06:19 PM »
OK, where's everybody in their reading?  I am starting chapter 4, I think...

For those who are done already, I would suggest reading it again... lolz.  One of the pastors recommended reading Mark like 20 times until you have it memorized.  I am not sure if I will be able to do that.  Anyway, at least look back through it to formulate some questions.

Advertisements