Advertisement

Author Topic: Apple iPhone 4S or Galaxy Nexus  (Read 3621 times)

yajmafia

Apple iPhone 4S or Galaxy Nexus
« on: January 09, 2012, 10:16:10 AM »
Which one and why?  Serious thoughts please.

Ua Tsuag.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

N`Chync

Re: Apple iPhone 4S or Galaxy Nexus
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 06:58:10 AM »
Tough one. I have both the iPhone 4 and Galaxy S and will probably do the same when I upgrade.

Here’s a helpful comparison that might help you decide whether you should opt for an Apple handset or the Android one:
Dimension:

The size of iPhone 4S is smaller as compared to Galaxy Nexus. The overall dimension of iPhone 4S is 115.2 mm x 58.6 mm x 9.3 mm (H x W x D) and it weighs only 140 grams. The overall dimension of Galaxy Nexus is 135.5 mm X 67.94 mm X 9.47 mm (H x W x D) and it weighs 150 grams. So, it is obvious that iPhone 4S is lighter, smaller and thinner as compared to Galaxy Nexus. While both are easy to hold, it is iPhone 4S that easily fits into a small purse, a back pocket and more.

Look and Feel:

Apple iPhone 4S sports a familiar design as that of iPhone 4. However, the glass covered front and back, combined with the steel chassis and Aluminum antenna, gives a beautiful look to this new gadget. On the other hand, the Galaxy Nexus is a grown up version of the Nexus S. The front look of the handset is good while the back is covered in the high quality strengthened glass.

Display:

The Galaxy Nexus comes with a larger screen that measures 4.65-inch as compared to 3.5-inch screen of iPhone 4S.  Well, iPhone 4S has a 640×960 Retina display that sports 330 ppi, while Galaxy Nexus has a 1280×720 HD Super AMOLED contoured display with 316 ppi. The Galaxy Nexus is better for browsing and video, but the iPhone 4S is brighter. To sum up, both these handsets are capable of offering sharp images but still iPhone 4S display can be considered better.

Operating System:

One major difference between iPhone 4S and Galaxy Nexus is the operating system. Galaxy Nexus comes with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, which combines the best features from the Android Gingerbread and Android Honeycomb operating systems. On the other hand, iPhone 4S runs on iOS 5 that comes with a lot of application support. Some of the important features include in iOS 5 are notification bar, cloud synchronizatio n, wireless syncing, Twitter integration and Widgets. Also iOS 5 has 5 GB of free cloud storage to sync photos, contacts and other Apple products. The Galaxy Nexus has Google’s Gmail and its cloud services, so it’s a win-win situation there. But it is iOS 5 that can be declared more user-friendly.

Processor:

Apple iPhone 4S has a dual-core Apple A5 processor running at 1GHz and is backed by 512MB of RAM. Apple offers a choice of 16GB, 32GB or 64GB of internal storage, but without any microSD card support. Meanwhile, the Galaxy Nexus has a 1.2GHz Texas Instruments dual-core processor and 1GB of RAM. The Galaxy Nexus is available with 16GB of internal storage and, also does not have microSD card support. Here, both the handsets give a tough competition to each other.

Storage:

Both phones feature 16 GB and 32 GB internal storage options, but the iPhone 4S comes with a 64 GB option. For both the handsets there is no SD Card slot.

Wireless Connectivity:

The iPhone 4S can still only get 3G, while the Galaxy Nexus will sport 4G speeds thanks to its LTE status since it’s debuting on Verizon. Therefore, the Samsung’s device might be a good choice for people who are looking for faster speeds. Both the handsets are Bluetooth-enabled with Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n.

Camera and Video:

Apple iPhone 4S comes with an 8-megapixel camera and is capable of 1080p video. Users can capture high quality images in medium to low lighting with its f/2.4 aperture.

The camera comes with advanced features such as HDR, face detection and image stabilization. On the other hand, Samsung Galaxy Nexus comes with a 5 MP rear camera that offers features like Panorama photos and zero shutter lag. While iPhone 4S comes with a VGA front camera, Galaxy Nexus sports a 1.3MP front facing camera.

Galaxy Nexus camera is capable of capturing 1080p video footage and iPhone 4S supports 1080p HD video recording at 24 frames-per-second. The video shoot with iPhone 4S is smooth with very clear sound quality. Well, as far as camera is concerned, iPhone 4S camera is a better bargain.

Battery Life:

Samsung Galaxy Nexus has a 1,750mAh Li-Ion battery that offers up to 270 hours of stand-by time and up to about 18 hours of talk time. As the battery can be swap out, users can carry a spare if required. Meanwhile, iPhone 4S has Li-Ion 1,432mAh battery that cannot be removed. The iPhone 4s battery offers 8 hours of talk time on 3G or 14 hours on 2G, standby for up to 200 hours, video playback for 10 hours and web browsing for up to 6 hours on 3G and 9 on Wi-Fi. Surely, Galaxy Nexus is a sure winner as far as battery life is concerned.

Carriers:

For the first time, Galaxy Nexus will be available on Verizon. Apple iPhone 4S is available on Verizon, AT&T and Sprint, thus making it a world phone. Since, iPhone 4S is on more carriers users can use it in different countries and locations.

New Features:

Samsung Galaxy Nexus is equipped with Android Beam that allows users to share contacts, web pages, videos, directions and more just by touching two NFC-enabled Android phones back to back. The phone also features Face Unlock technology. Just smile at your Galaxy Nexus handset and phone gets turn on. On the other hand, the iPhone 4S features Siri, the smart personal assistant. Users can ask Siri to set up reminders, call anyone from your address book, and dictate text messages and emails.

Price:

The iPhone 4S is priced according to its internal storage capacity with $199 for the 16GB model, $299 for the 32GB model and $399 for the 64GB model for a two-year service contract with AT&T or Verizon. Samsung Galaxy Nexus is available for $300 on Verizon Wireless with a two-year contract. Well, with different price tags, iPhone 4S will suit more people having different budgets.

Final Judgment:

For gadget lovers, there can be ample of reason to own both these handset. Both these handsets give tough competition to each other. However, it seems that iPhone 4S being the world phone is a winner this time. So, which one you want to buy – Apple iPhone 4S or Samsung Galaxy Nexus?

Offline Boost

• Jr. Poster
  • "Year Of The Dragon"
  • Respect: +19
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2012, 06:44:58 PM »
Iphone hands down for applications and usability.  ALL OTHER PHONES can be faster, have a bigger screen, key board ...yada yada yada.... but the Iphone is smoother as it operates and is so much more useful all around.  I use my iphone for MP3s, music videos, Navigation w/display on my LCD screens in the car, neflix w/video output to LCD TV, xbox 360/PS3 games with equal graphics.. etc etc...  A lot of my buddy's have other faster & better phones but when it comes down to it they're on my phone.  

Doesnt matter if your phone is faster or bigger or holds more memory, if it cant do anything its pointless.  The Iphone is compatible with EVERYTHING, sh|t is built just for the iphone.  I'd rather have an iphone 3s than any other new phone if it came down to it.  

GR Supra - Armaspeed, AWE, Function Werk, Forge, JB4..
S2000 - AP1 w/AP2 Swap, GT35, Haltech, AEM, Tial, T1R..
RX400h - Hybrid

yajmafia

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2012, 09:21:47 AM »
Why isn't Iphone capable of having Adobe Flash?  To play games and watch some videos online?

yajmafia

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2012, 09:23:15 AM »
And a buddy told me to get the Nexus over the Iphone 4S because by summer it'll be history.  Hm.. whatever that means.. He said the Nexus was better than the Iphone in all categories.. but based on N'Chync's post, it sounds like the Iphone would win.. Hm.. Buddy also works for AT&T.. maybe the Iphone 5 will come out?

Offline Boost

• Jr. Poster
  • "Year Of The Dragon"
  • Respect: +19
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2012, 06:12:15 PM »
I don't use adobe flash much but you can DL the app for the iphone.  Games using adobe flash arent that good(my nieces and nephews play them).  Iphone is great to watch movies on!!  If you get adivce from someone make sure they've had experiences with both types of phones.  I've used both and favor the Iphone.  iPhones also charge faster.   O0

GR Supra - Armaspeed, AWE, Function Werk, Forge, JB4..
S2000 - AP1 w/AP2 Swap, GT35, Haltech, AEM, Tial, T1R..
RX400h - Hybrid

lindavue

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2012, 11:38:31 PM »
I agree on the iphone, my husband has one and his internet speed is faster than mines. I have an evo  and wen im not in 4g area ...it is freaking slow...i hope there is gonna b an iphone 5 wen im done with my contract next year...

nraughmoobmuas

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2012, 03:58:29 AM »
iphones are for Apple conglomerate slaves and Chinese laborer wh0res and boys.

Androids are for real men who knows what they're doing with their devices.

I got a white Samsung Galaxy SII T989, driving the Juggernaut v5.0 rom, Streamline Kernel, overclocked cpu speed to 1.7ghz for performance, to 970mhz for battery saving. Faster than your iPhone and this Android can do pretty much every functions that your iphone does. For music, movies, capture pictures and videos... Instagram, too, only with more storage, of course.

Oh yeah, if I ever wanna try to be an iphone fanboy for a day, I'll just flash ICS iPhone theme on it. I'll get a bigger iPhone LOL.

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2012, 07:08:08 AM »
I thought I read on the box the iphone 4s does support a sd slot.  Anyways at the end of the day were just texting and using it for calls and maybe browse the net here and there so either phone will do. I just don't like how android names it's OS it makes it hard to take them seriously.  The galaxy does feel huge compared to the iphone. 

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Offline Hung_Low

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2012, 10:22:55 AM »
I'm waiting for the SIII

and it's true that the iphone can't play anything that is Adobe Flash...

- Maxi pad not greatest thing on earth but next to it.

tubyaj

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2012, 07:02:15 PM »
Build quality is superior on the iPhone.

nraughmoobmuas

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2012, 04:37:19 AM »
Don't drop it boy...

N`Chync

« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2012, 08:12:27 PM »
Adobe flash is dead on mObile devices. HTML5 works better.

Something to know about iPhone and Galaxy S phones, Samsung makes key parts for both. So both phones are gonna be beastly. Galaxy S used a 1 GHz Hummingbird processor and it was the best processor for Android phones at the time. The A4 processor in the iPhone 4 was pretty much the same except it clocks at 800 MHz to help battery life. Same goes for The 1.2 GHz dual-core Exynos on the Galaxy S2 and the 800 MHz dual-core A5 on the iPhone 4S, the 1.4 GHz Exynos quad-core processor on the Galaxy S3 and the A6 on the next iPhone.

Can't go wrong with either phones but since Apple has the money quality will be better like better camera, build, etc. Galaxy phones even look simlar to iPhones especially with the Galaxy S3 going with one button and the international version of the Galaxy S2. Both phones have amazing displays with Apple's Retina Display and Samsung's Super AMOLED HD.

I go with phones with the iPhone as my main phone and my Galaxy as my multimedia device/backup phone.

yajmafia

« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2012, 06:07:26 AM »
Took you forever to reply dude! LOL.  Wife got the Galaxy.  She now want's the S3.  But the Note 2 looks tempting too.. unsure of when it'll be out though.

Offline fareastlee

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +14
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2012, 11:44:14 AM »
Go with Samsung.

If you buy a Iphone I know what kind of person you are already.  ::)

Advertisements