Advertisement

Author Topic: My Pregnant Life  (Read 9632 times)

AF-Wife

Re: My Pregnant Life
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2012, 06:42:49 AM »
How exciting! I cannot wait to meet your little one and all the other little ones that are entering my world this year.

And he can't wait to meet his hundreds of cousins too! lol 

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

proudlao

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2012, 06:53:51 AM »
I did the 3D ultrasound at 21 weeks, I'm now 30 weeks.  It was super neat to see his face and moving around.  He looks like my husband.  :-\  I want him to look like me!  ;D

His looks will change over time, he may end up looking like you  O0

SouthernBelle

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2012, 02:36:46 PM »
How awesome & lucky you are!  No stretch marks = I'm super jealous! 

AF-Wife

« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2012, 02:23:34 AM »
How awesome & lucky you are!  No stretch marks = I'm super jealous! 

Since I found out that I was pregnant I've been using Palmer's coco butter and vit E lotion every night and sometimes during the day, especially when I was itching.  There's no proof or hard evidence that it helps prevent stretch marks but it's working for me.   ;D

SouthernBelle

« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2012, 09:14:18 AM »
Since I found out that I was pregnant I've been using Palmer's coco butter and vit E lotion every night and sometimes during the day, especially when I was itching.  There's no proof or hard evidence that it helps prevent stretch marks but it's working for me.   ;D

I've been using the Palmer's coco butter lotion & it's not helping me. You can totally see my white stretch marks (underside of belly) & my tummy's starting to stretch some more b/c it's super itchy so I just keep rubbing the lotion on it.  LOL.  I am hoping that they will become less visible with the vitamin e oil & palmers lotion.   :D

BTW congrats to you & your husband.  I know your lil' guy will come out very handsome! :)

AF-Wife

« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2012, 12:15:30 AM »
I've been using the Palmer's coco butter lotion & it's not helping me. You can totally see my white stretch marks (underside of belly) & my tummy's starting to stretch some more b/c it's super itchy so I just keep rubbing the lotion on it.  LOL.  I am hoping that they will become less visible with the vitamin e oil & palmers lotion.   :D

BTW congrats to you & your husband.  I know your lil' guy will come out very handsome! :)

There's really no hard evidence to any beauty products/lotions preventing stretch marks but it doesn't hurt to try.   ;D But good luck with your pregnancy and CONGRATS!!  How many weeks are you?  Do you know what you guys are having yet?

AF-Wife

« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2012, 02:26:55 AM »
Exercise has always been important to me but since being pregnant I have lowered the intensity of my workout.  I know being pregnant I'm tired all the time but I have made a conscience decision to stay active and keep healthy during pregnancy.  Exercise was not easy during my first trimester, I was nausea and always tired so wanting to go work out was hard for me.  I made every little excuse possible to avoid the gym.  I probably gained the most weight during this time since I ate whatever I wanted too and did little exercise.  The second trimester, I had a burst of energy and a new out look on pregnancy.  I was wanting to work out and was walking on the treadmill or doing the ellipitical almost every day.  Now during my third trimester, I notice my energy has declined but I still make time for the gym, 4-5 times a week.  Even at times I have to force myself to go but after the work out I feel great.  I usually do 30 mins of cardio, I keep my heart rate around 140s-150s, it varies with everyone.  The rule of thumb is that you should be able to have a conversation without being out of breath and I stay hydrated through out the day and while I exercise.  There's a myth that pregnant woment shouldn't lift weights but I was lifting before I got pregnant and my doctor gave me the ok.  So now I'm still lifting but using lighter weights.  I do avoid exercises that strains or puts too much pressure on my body.  If you were working out before pregnancy there should be no reason why you shouldn't work out while you're pregnant unless you are medically advise not too.  I remember a few Saturdays ago, I did my usual work out routine and decided to come home and clean the house, mid way through cleaning I just got really tired and nausea, I pushed myself a little too hard that day and needed to rest.  Know your body and limits!  Gradual weight gain is best for the body and even on days when I don't go to the gym, I stretch and do a few squats at home. 

SouthernBelle

« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2012, 10:57:52 AM »
There's really no hard evidence to any beauty products/lotions preventing stretch marks but it doesn't hurt to try.   ;D But good luck with your pregnancy and CONGRATS!!  How many weeks are you?  Do you know what you guys are having yet?

I know - boooo!  LOL.  Definitely trying hard.  Thank you &  I'm 17-18 wks and we found out wk 15 we're having a boy as well.  Of course the husband is over the moon about it and I'm just hoping for an easy/smooth delivery (working out like you & keeping active but not pushing too hard), and a healthy baby.  Good luck to you too!  :)

AF-Wife

« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2012, 12:27:17 AM »
I know - boooo!  LOL.  Definitely trying hard.  Thank you &  I'm 17-18 wks and we found out wk 15 we're having a boy as well.  Of course the husband is over the moon about it and I'm just hoping for an easy/smooth delivery (working out like you & keeping active but not pushing too hard), and a healthy baby.  Good luck to you too!  :)

Thanks! 

In reality, I think all guys want a boy first even though they say they don't care.  My husband was very happy when they told us it was a boy.  How was your first trimester?  Did you have any morning/evening sickness?

AF-Wife

« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2012, 03:37:29 AM »
Had my 32 weeks check up today and so far so good.   O0  I asked the doctor, about my heat rash especially at night and he says it's pretty normal and will probably get worse.   :-\  I was a little concern about the edema in my legs after a long day of work and he told me it's normal as well and will get worse as well.  GREAT!!  ::)  My belly is definitely growing, it grew about 5 inches from the last visit and the baby's head is down towards my bladder.  My blood pressure is good and his heart rate today was in the 150s.  We discussed how to count fetal movements, 10 movements a day within a 2 hour time period is sufficient.  My biggest concern now is whether or not to have an epidural.  I've done some research and it's still up in the air.  I'm leaning towards natural birth with the option of an epidural if I'm not able to withstand the pain.  I would like to think that my pain tolerance is high since I sat quietly for 3 hours when I got my tattoo done on my rib cage.   ;D 

SouthernBelle

« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2012, 11:48:29 AM »

Thanks! 

In reality, I think all guys want a boy first even though they say they don't care.  My husband was very happy when they told us it was a boy.  How was your first trimester?  Did you have any morning/evening sickness?

Oh my husband says he only wants boys only but I just know if we have a girl, it'll melt his little heart & he'll just be mush!  LOL.  I see the way he is with his neice and I know he wants them but is scared to have them and won't admit it.  ;D

I didn't even know I was expecting until about 8 weeks along when I felt weird - always waking up super hungry and a little nausea.  So I'm one of the very fortunate ones who's had a super easy first trimester.  No major sickness or anything at all.  The only thing was I caught a stomach virus that was going on with the family & I was sick for 2-3 days and it sucked!  It was worse than being prego so I never wish that to anyone on top of being prego!  Got my flu shot ASAP after that and I stay away from public places as much as possible so I'm good to go for now, hoping for nothing else until after I have the baby.   :)

AF-Wife

« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2012, 02:38:22 AM »
34 weeks and I'm starting to notice lordosis of the spine that is temporary due to being pregnant.  How I miss doing the little things that use to come so easily like bending over to pick something up or getting up from the floor after doing a stretch.  He definitely has a mind of his own, he hates it when I lay on my left side.  Always, moving, kicking, or punching until I move to to the right side.  Since I work at a hospital I was able to do another 3-D ultrasound just to see how he was growing and he has grown!  They have me measuring at 34 weeks which on paper I'm 33 weeks and they have him weighing at 4 lbs 10 ounces.  His cheeks are so full now and he definitely has his daddy's nose.  ;D  They couldn't print off any pictures because their printer was broken.  

This weekend J assembled the swing set my sister bought us along with the bassinet co sleeper.  I'm very please with how both looks and can't wait to use it.  The swing set I know it works well because at my old job we use to have one exactly like that and it worked great with all the cranky reflux babies.  As the days of winding down, I have two weeks of work left.  I really need a break from work because after a long day, I notice the edema in my legs and my decrease level of energy.  

AF-Wife

« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2012, 02:14:34 AM »
Tomorrow will be my last day of work.  I'll be a stay at home mommy for the next 6 months, this will be interesting because I have always worked my entire life.  Last Friday, my coworkers threw me a baby shower potluck, it was super sweet of them and a good turn out.  The doctor I work with made lumpias!  YuM.  I'll be 36 week on Wed and I'm going to have them check to see if I'm even dilated.  I'm pretty excited because I do want to know even though it's not a firm indicator of when I'll go into labor.  Now we have to plan accordingly, since I can go into labor anytime.  Super excited, can't wait to meet him.

SouthernBelle

« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2012, 02:59:35 PM »
Good luck with delivery!  O0

Advertisements