Advertisement

Author Topic: A Pharaoh’s Autobiography: A Quail's Journey through Life and Death  (Read 21035 times)

JustMe

Re: A Pharaoh’s Autobiography: A Quail's Journey through Life and Death
« Reply #90 on: February 13, 2012, 03:14:32 PM »
;D ;D...worst part is when you're holding them in your hands and they poop on you.

You should try not to squeeze them..  :2funny: I think they poop every 12 mins or so.. Is this his first time hatching button quails? 

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Jelicas

« Reply #91 on: February 14, 2012, 12:28:01 AM »
You should try not to squeeze them..  :2funny: I think they poop every 12 mins or so.. Is this his first time hatching button quails? 

Yes, this is his first time...and with success he hatched 10 out of I think maybe 25 eggs. Bummer I didn't get to see them come out of the shell, but it was great seeing them afterwards. I didn't even know you can order eggs online and have them shipped to you...I think that's so awesome.

JustMe

« Reply #92 on: February 14, 2012, 08:16:18 AM »
I didn't know that either until I went to http://www.backyardchickens.com.  I spent so much money on different breeds of chicken/quails eggs etc.   :2funny: But here is my guy at 2 weeks.  Not the best picture cause he so quick to move now. 

JustMe

« Reply #93 on: February 15, 2012, 11:36:35 PM »
Good evening.. J let me out to come add this entry.  i have fully feathered now and can fly but he keeps me caged up.  he says it's for my protection but he knows that i would leave the nest and not come back..  :2funny: We are still in the garage and haven't seen sunlight for a few days.  i'm glad we are in here as outside temps have been in the 30's the past two days.  Today I saw J walk in with a 42 eggs he collected from his chickens.  This would be his cross breed of Black Copper Marans and Rhode Island Reds.. I peeked at what he was doing and took this picture. 

I think J is crazy.. he has 4 incubators and eggs in each one.  i don't even know how he takes care of everyone.  oh well as long as he feeds me and gives me water I'm happy..

Jelicas

« Reply #94 on: February 16, 2012, 10:27:20 PM »
 :2funny: :2funny:...it's so funny how you input the quails thoughts in here...I have to laugh every time I read this thread.

Calypso

« Reply #95 on: February 17, 2012, 09:54:49 AM »
How long before J kills them? As the day gets closer, I'm getting anxious. lol

JustMe

« Reply #96 on: February 17, 2012, 10:49:43 AM »
WHAT!!!!!!!.. J is not going to kill us.. He promised..  :'( :'( There is going to be chaos when the others here about this.. Anyone out there we need help.. please..

Peachy Fish

« Reply #97 on: February 17, 2012, 10:52:41 AM »
WHAT!!!!!!!.. J is not going to kill us.. He promised..  :'( :'( There is going to be chaos when the others here about this.. Anyone out there we need help.. please..

I'll take you.  >:D

JustMe

« Reply #98 on: February 21, 2012, 09:13:16 AM »
I'll take you.  >:D

Thank you Peachy Fish, but I haven't found a way to escape yet.. I tried a few times when J came to open the door to get us water and food.  We are getting crowded in here as everyone is getting big now.  If you can help please.. I don't want to be roasted and put in spicy sweet sauce.   :'( 

Anyways we are full feathered now and J can distinguish between the males and females.  Unfortunately I am a male quail and he wants to eat us first..  :'( :'(

Calypso

« Reply #99 on: February 27, 2012, 11:00:16 AM »
What is the latest on these fuzzy butts, Ed?

You better not have killed them already >:(

Peachy Fish

« Reply #100 on: February 27, 2012, 04:26:02 PM »
Thank you Peachy Fish, but I haven't found a way to escape yet.. I tried a few times when J came to open the door to get us water and food.  We are getting crowded in here as everyone is getting big now.  If you can help please.. I don't want to be roasted and put in spicy sweet sauce.   :'( 

Anyways we are full feathered now and J can distinguish between the males and females.  Unfortunately I am a male quail and he wants to eat us first..  :'( :'(

:'( I was just going to do what Ed was going to do to you, too...I'll let you live longer.

Btw, how can you tell whether it's a female or male?

JustMe

« Reply #101 on: March 01, 2012, 09:42:53 AM »

The males have the bronze chest.. while the females have the spots on their chest. 

JustMe

« Reply #102 on: March 02, 2012, 08:57:03 AM »
Good morning peeps... Got out today to come update my journal.  J moved us outside to a growout pen.  There is more room and we get fresh air, food and water.  There are two huge quails in the same pen as us.  I don't like him.  He eats alot.  Hope fully J eats him soon.. hahaha..  :o I'm still trying to figure a way out of this pen.  Looks like there are two exits, but I can't squeeze through.  Oh Well.. Back to trying. 

Calypso

« Reply #103 on: March 05, 2012, 09:23:20 AM »
They're getting big! :)

violet

« Reply #104 on: April 23, 2013, 10:01:51 PM »
WOW!!!!!

I love this journal. I read through every single entry.  ;D O0

Dot... I believe you now about being a good writer. Haib kawg haib kawg.

Advertisements