Advertisement

Author Topic: ~ The Road Less Traveled By ~  (Read 44160 times)

Offline Mrs.Vang

• Board Moderator
  • "The only ugly faces, are the ones we make."
  • Respect: +126
    • View Profile
Re: ~ The Road Less Traveled ~
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2012, 04:59:53 PM »
January 29, 2012

Love - what does it really mean?  How does it really feel to be in love?  Have I been loved?  I'm sure I'm not the only one who asks these questions.  In my opinion, different people have a different definition of the word love.  For example, the way I feel in my heart, I believe I'm being loved.  However, to you I'm just being foolish.  There's not really a right or wrong way to love.  Only your heart knows it best.

Love is, but an emotion.  Many, if not all, believe that love is the key to the gate of happiness.  Those who believe that love is true and that it will last forever will find themselves in disappointment s.  I don't believe in eternal love and I don't seek true happiness.  I believe that as long as one is not unhappy, he/she is in good hands. :)

With this said, I will write a letter to my husband.

Dear my loving husband,

It seems like it was just yesterday when I first met you, but it has already been ten years.  As the years go by, I stop and think about all the memories we've made, the good times we've shared and the love between us that keeps growing, I realize that you are not only my husband and the father to our children, but you're also my very best friend.  True, we've had our bad days and good days, we've been through thick and thin together, we've walked on some bumpy roads, but we never walked alone.   I always had you there right beside me.  You were actually my savior.  When I was going through the worst time of my life, you came into my life without hesitation, you helped push my feet forward, one step at a time, and you helped me walk again.  I wouldn't be where I am today if you weren't there to pull me up and guide me here. 

Someone once told me that I have an angel who watches over me and protects me, I just realized it that my angel is none other than you.  Sometimes I feel like you're so wingless, you can't do much... it's because you gave me your wings a long time ago.  Till today, you never stop giving.  You're always making sure that I have more than anyone else.  Your generosity is inspiring and I just want you to know that I will not take you for granted.  I'm forever grateful for your love and proud to be your wife.  If there is one person whom I'd want to meet, he'd be you.  I'd want to meet you all over again.  Please grow old with me.

Love,

Mrs. Vang

Like this post: 0
"Some people, no matter how old they get, never lose their beauty - they merely move it from their faces into their hearts."<br /><br />

Adverstisement

Offline lilly

• Sr. Poster
  • Be happy!
  • Respect: +524
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2012, 02:26:49 PM »
January 29, 2012

Today the Mr. and I went out to eat.  As we went to take our seats, we passed by two Hmong women who sat right across from our table.  They were talking about some children who were bad, naughty, disobedient, this and that.  She said to her friend, "Lawv mas tsis paub cai li, phem tiag tiag li os.  Tub tub nkeeg, tsis paub ib qho hauj lwm li, tsuas paub tias yus ua tau ces txav zog los noj xwb.  Tsis yog yus yug mas cas yus saib sab twg tuaj los ntxub.  Tsis xav hlub kiag."  Apparently, the oldest was only 8 years old, the middle child was 5, and youngest was 3.  In my mind, I was thinking... if you can't love the poor souls then why marry their father?  For heaven's sake, they were just babies and their lives haven't even begun yet. 

I believe that children belong to everyone regardless of who gave birth to them.  If we love them, they will love us in return even if they are not our biological children.  The fact that they are a part of the man we love makes these children even more beautiful.  I love my step daughter.

My heroes are "Menyuam Ntsuag." I have a soft-heart for any Menyuam Ntsuag out there.  By knowing them, listening to their stories, and by crying for them and with them, I know that there are no heroes braver than they are.  They give me a sense of strength to live my life better, to laugh and to smile more often, and to not take things for granted.  I applaud them for their strong wills and spirits.  If they can still smile and laugh and live on, who couldn't?  Here's a poem I wrote for those who aren't as fortunate...

Every day when everyone receives,
I wish peace, warmth, and good health upon you this eve.
If I could, I’d make all your dreams come true,
And wish happiness onto you all your life through.
I wish for food on your table and smiles upon your face.
May you never feel lonely, unloved, and unsafe.
And you still think of those less fortunate than you,
You still wish that their life is filled with love, too.
Because you should know that you are special,
And that you can reach out, too, and make a difference,
And that you can tell a less fortunate one that you care,
Make them believe that there is love, not only on a special day.
But throughout their lifetime in every special way.
You are my true heroes...

Wow, Mrs. Vang, you have a good heart.  Made me cry.  Ua tsaug ntau.

Offline lilly

• Sr. Poster
  • Be happy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2012, 02:30:48 PM »
Dear My Best Friends,

Again, wow.  Wish I had friends like that.  Sometimes I feel like I’m a friend like you described but I don’t have anyone who’d be there for me the same.  True friends are so hard to come by.

« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 02:42:15 PM by lilly »

Offline Mrs.Vang

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2012, 07:02:18 PM »
Wow, Mrs. Vang, you have a good heart.  Made me cry.  Ua tsaug ntau.

Sis, if it made you cry then you, too, have a good heart.  :)  Thanks for caring.  All these kids need is just a word of comfort.

"Some people, no matter how old they get, never lose their beauty - they merely move it from their faces into their hearts."<br /><br />

Offline Mrs.Vang

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2012, 07:05:50 PM »
Again, wow.  Wish I had friends like that.  Sometimes I feel like I’m a friend like you described but I don’t have anyone who’d be there for me the same.  True friends are so hard to come by.

This world may be filled with millions of people, but only one or two are your true friends. :)  If you feel you haven't met your true friend yet, don't worry...  I'm sure she's waiting somewhere for you. :)  Just so that you know, I still have room for a few more great friend... :)

Offline lilly

• Sr. Poster
  • Be happy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2012, 12:09:01 PM »

This world may be filled with millions of people, but only one or two are your true friends. :)  If you feel you haven't met your true friend yet, don't worry...  I'm sure she's waiting somewhere for you. :)  Just so that you know, I still have room for a few more great friend... :)

Is that an invitation for us to be friends?  If so, thank you!  Hello, friend.   :)

Offline Mrs.Vang

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2012, 01:02:38 PM »
Is that an invitation for us to be friends?  If so, thank you!  Hello, friend.   :)

Hello.  I always have room for new friends. :)  It's a pleasure meeting you here.  I hope all is well with you.

By the way, where are you from, sis?

Offline lilly

• Sr. Poster
  • Be happy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2012, 02:53:17 PM »
I'm from mn.

Offline Mrs.Vang

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2012, 08:39:47 PM »
I'm from mn.

Same here.  Maybe we can go grab lunch or something.  The PH ladies are meeting up this Saturday, see if you can make it. :)

Offline Mrs.Vang

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2012, 09:46:22 PM »
February 1, 2012

Wow, I cannot believe that this is February first already!  Whatever happened to time?  Seems like it was just a few weeks ago when school started!  Counting the school months ahead, we only have four months to go before summer break arrives!  I'm just excited.  Mother nature has really been kind to us this winter.  This week's weather has been beautiful and I'm just thankful for that. :)

Someone told me today that I am quick witted and that I can probably talk my way out of trouble.  I truly think sometimes I just shut up to get myself out of trouble!  LOL  

Anyway, I'm a Capricorn and this is what Horoscope says about me.  See if I'm even close to what what my Horoscope says. :)

Capricorn Personality

Capricorns can be a bit stoic and difficult to read at times. Take a deeper look into this sign's psyche and find out what Cap's personality is really like.

Capricorn Personality Traits

If your birthday falls December 22 through January 20, you're a Capricorn. This sign is, at least to the outside world, one of the most stable of the entire zodiac.

On the Outside

The Capricorn personality is very grounded in reality; it's the rock that everyone else loves to lean on. For the most part, Capricorns are:

Quietly strong-willed
    Self-assured and truly know who they are
    Comfortable in any social situation they choose to participate in

Although Caps sometimes have a reputation as being a bit stodgy, they often astound their companions with their sharp and sudden wit.

On the Inside

Caps are highly dependable, yet they can still suffer inwardly from mood swings that carry them from the heights of euphoria to bouts of depression. In most cases, they are adept at concealing these conflicting moods in public. It is only their closest friends and family who are given a glimpse of this inner turmoil.

In Love

Capricorn in love is a different matter. Caps tend to be somewhat distrusting of love and the other person's motives in general. People of this sign exercise extreme caution before revealing their true emotions, and this understandably gets in the way of starting romantic relationships. They would rather keep their feelings to themselves if it means risking rejection.

Newlyweds

That said, when a Cap makes the commitment to be in a relationship, it's an all-or-nothing venture. These people tend to:

Love deeply
    Work hard to keep romance alive and well.
    Make very passionate lovers

Once a Capricorn marries, he/she is likely to stay married no matter what challenges are encountered along the way. This is especially true if the spouse is a member of a compatible zodiac sign. Caps fully believe in "Until death do us part," and jealousy can be common.

In Friendship

Caps make excellent friends, and their loyalty is without question if they take you under their wing. However, woe to any friend that betrays them. Caps have long memories, and they make daunting enemies to people who are foolish enough to mistreat them.

In Career

Caps are hard workers and reliable to a fault, if such a thing can be said. They like to plan things out methodically to make sure every base is covered, and they always stick with a plan of action until they meet their goals. If Sagittarius is the project initiator, Capricorn will see the job through to completion after Sag has lost interest and moved on.

Capricorns have a healthy respect for authority, but also demand that same respect when they are in charge. They set very high standards for their own performance, and expect exactly the same from co-workers and underlings. This demanding nature can make people of this sign a bit difficult to work with, but that's not to say they don't deal fairly with others. Anyone who can live up to Cap's standards is assured of a measure of success.

As far as careers go, people born under this zodiac sign excel as:

Managers
    Bankers
    Accountants
    Financial advisors
    Architects
    Teachers
    Lawyers
    Bureaucrats

Well Worth Knowing

Capricorns tend to win respect easily, but it takes a little effort to really get to know them. Anyone who is fortunate enough to be invited into Capricorn's inner sanctum will find a person who is truly worth knowing. The keys to doing that are to be honest and trustworthy yourself. Caps will come to recognize these qualities and consider you a kindred spirit.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 10:14:53 PM by Mrs.Vang »

Offline lilly

• Sr. Poster
  • Be happy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2012, 10:25:31 AM »

Offline Mrs.Vang

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2012, 10:51:09 PM »
Mrs. Vang, check out my sign: http://www.pebhmong.com/forum/index.php/topic,266600.msg3728960.html#msg3728960

Lilly, did you find yours to be accurate?  ;D  I think mine's accurate.  ;D  It's interesting..

Offline lilly

• Sr. Poster
  • Be happy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2012, 08:50:51 AM »
Yup, mine is VERY accurate.  It's chillingly scary how accurate it is.

Offline Mrs.Vang

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2012, 08:38:51 PM »
Yup, mine is VERY accurate.  It's chillingly scary how accurate it is.

I know, huh?  Like all the great things about me were accurate.  ;D

February 3, 2012

Cas ib pliag ntshis xwb txawm siv rov tag dua ib lub lim tiam lawm thiab?  Ib lub xyoos dhau mus zuj zus, sij hawm khiav ceev npaum li muaj tis ya.  Nyob rau hauv kuv lub siab, kuv tseem zoo nkauj rhib tsis tau xav laus kiag, tabsis cas lub caij thiab lub nyoog tsis tos kiag li.  Txawm kuv lub siab yuav yig npaum li cas los kuv lub cev nqaij thiab cev tawv pab tsis tau li lawm.  Ib hnub dhau mus zuj zus, tsuas muaj laus zus xwb....

Yog sij hawm tig tau rov qab, kuv xav tig hlo mus rhais ob peb kauj ruam rov tom qab - xav rov mus nyob dua lub caij nyoog thaum kuv tseem hluas zog, xav mus noj qab, hnav zoo, thiab xav mus muab txhua txoj kev taug kom txhij thiab kom txhua.  Tiam neej no cas yuav luv ua luaj, ib pliag ntshis xwb txawm siv txog rau hnub no lawm es txawm siv muab nag hmo tso phluav cia zoo yam li tus npau suav lawm xwb. 

I believe that in every lifetime there is a moment so breathtaking and peaceful that only one knows one's life will never be the same.  For some, it could be the first time you laid eyes on someone and fell in love.  For others, it could be the first time you held your newborn baby in your arms.  For whatever sweet, bitter, or wicked reason, there is a turning point for everyone.  For me, it was when he walked out of my life.  If it weren't for his cruel, cold, ugly heart, I wouldn't be where I am today.  I still thank him every day as I reflect back on the darkest days of my past.  I still wonder how I managed to live every day and still find solace in myself.  I knew that Heaven had eyes and that God had a heart after all.  For that, I thank you, God.  And I'm also thankful for who and what I am today. :)

Offline Mrs.Vang

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2012, 11:25:02 AM »
February 5, 2012

It's 10:30 on a Sunday morning.  Everyone else is still asleep.  The house is quiet and peaceful as always and here I am surfing the net already.  Found this picture, just a simple landscape with a road leading off somewhere and the sun is either rising or setting in the horizon.  I found myself staring at it and all of a sudden I felt a sense of longing for someone or something.  I don't quite understand why I have such feeling and I can't quite describe it.  

As far back as I can remember, even when I was a little girl, every time I would look at a picture on a farm, in a wooded area, at the lake or where ever, as long as the picture has a road leading off to somewhere, I would get this feeling in my chest when I am experiencing a feeling of longing - a feeling that someone is leaving me that I'll miss, or that I'm waiting for someone to return, or that I'm expecting that something is coming to an end.  I feel a sense of loneliness or a desire of the heart as if it is missing someone or that it is incomplete somehow.  It's very weird, like a flutter or voice of awakening's urge in my heart.  I can't describe the feeling in words and I don't understand it.  This feeling happens quite often in the Fall when the leaves start to turn color, the autumn wind is crisp, and the days start to become a bit dark and gloomy.  That's when I feel this unpleasant feeling in which my heart feels a strong sense of emptiness.  

I wonder if something happened to me last lifetime and so when I see a familiar place, it gives me flashbacks of the past?  I wonder if someone left me and never returned so even in this lifetime, I'm still waiting for his/her return?  I wonder if I'm normal for having all these feelings?  I wonder if I am the only one who has these feelings?  Please do share...

« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 11:43:22 AM by Mrs.Vang »

Advertisements