Advertisement

Author Topic: ~ The Road Less Traveled By ~  (Read 44663 times)

JustMe

Re: ~ The Road Less Traveled ~
« Reply #45 on: February 09, 2012, 09:03:25 AM »
They get about 3" - 4".  I usually make a pepper dish, eggplant garlic, onions..etc.. or pepper, roasted onions, garlic.. I am not sure how much I can take, i just know that people who try it sweat like they're showering but can't stay away because its sooo good..  :2funny:

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Mrs.Vang

• Board Moderator
  • "The only ugly faces, are the ones we make."
  • Respect: +126
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 09, 2012, 08:25:42 PM »
They get about 3" - 4".  I usually make a pepper dish, eggplant garlic, onions..etc.. or pepper, roasted onions, garlic.. I am not sure how much I can take, i just know that people who try it sweat like they're showering but can't stay away because its sooo good..  :2funny:

I love pepper sauce.  It doesn't matter how it is done and what you put in there, I just cannot eat my meals without it.  Thanks for sharing pictures.  I'll have to see if I can find some of your peppers somewhere.

"Some people, no matter how old they get, never lose their beauty - they merely move it from their faces into their hearts."<br /><br />

Offline Mrs.Vang

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 16, 2012, 09:15:10 PM »
February 16, 2012

I left for work at 7:30 this morning, and just got home now at 8:50 pm.   Am so tired, I can just fall asleep here on the couch.   Most of us would say that we have great self-discipline that's why we never let a day go by without working.  We also agree that a daily routine helps establish security and peace in our lives.  However, life can get a little boring and tiring if one does the same thing over and over again for ten, twenty years.  Am I getting too old?  Or just needing a change?  Don't get me wrong, I love my job.  I love what I do and am always striving to do my best.  Perhaps I just need to break my routine a little and do a little vacation? :)

« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 10:25:40 PM by Mrs.Vang »

"Some people, no matter how old they get, never lose their beauty - they merely move it from their faces into their hearts."<br /><br />

Offline Mrs.Vang

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 18, 2012, 10:04:47 PM »
February 18, 2012

Tears - secretions that clean and lubricate the eyes.  It is just a simple term.  One simple teardrop speaks louder than a thousand words.  One does not need to say a word, tell a whole story, or give an explanation... just simply shed one tear and his/her feelings are being expressed.  Why is it okay to cry when we're sad, angry, happy, hurt and not okay any other times or out of the blue?  Some days I just feel like crying and don't understand why.  It is not that I'm miserable or that I feel blue.  I will cry when I see an old woman walk down the street alone without someone to hold her hand.  I will cry when my mom is sick and I can't be there to cook her a meal.  I will cry when a child doesn't know who to give his/her Mother's Day Card to.  I'm a cry baby like that and I don't understand.  I used to believe that perhaps it is in my eyes, rather than my heart, where love lives.  Today, I came across this.

"Mom, why are you crying?" he asked his mom.

"Because I'm a woman" she told him.

"I don't understand," he said.

His mom just hugged him and said, "and you never will." Later the little boy asked his father, "Why does mother seem to cry for no reason?"

"All women cry for no reason" was all his dad could say.

The little boy grew up and became a man, still wondering why women cry.

Finally he put in a call to GOD. When GOD got on the phone the man said, "GOD, why do women cry so easily?"

GOD said:

"When I made women she had to be special. I made her shoulders strong enough to carry the weight of the world; yet, gentle enough to give comfort.

I gave her an inner strength to endure childbirth and the rejection that many times comes from her children.

I gave her a hardness that allows her to keep going when everyone else gives up and take care of her family through sickness and fatigue without complaining.

I gave her the sensitivity to love her children under any and all circumstances, even when her child has hurt her very badly. This same sensitivity helps her to make a child's boo-boo feel better and shares in her teenagers anxieties and fears.

I gave her strength to carry her husband through his faults and fashioned her from his rib to protect his heart.

I gave her wisdom to know that a good husband never hurts his wife, but sometimes tests her strengths and her resolve to stand beside him unfalteringly.

I gave her a tear to shed, it's hers exclusively to use whenever it is needed. It's her only weakness; it's a tear for mankind."

"You see my son," said God, "the beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair.

The beauty of a woman must be seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart - the place where love resides."

--- Author Unknown ---

In conclusion, I will shed a drop of tear in the rain, those who are able to find it and distinguish it from the raindrops will know of my true and endless love. :)

Offline Mrs.Vang

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 25, 2012, 02:00:14 PM »
February 25, 2012

It's finally the weekend again.  I finally get to relax, just sitting around the house and being lazy.  However, today I'm also feeling a little under the weather - having chills, fevers, coughing, sneezing, running nose, and feeling like I'm going to vomit.  Hope I'll feel better soon, cuz I hate this feeling.

DivineTreasure

« Reply #50 on: February 27, 2012, 10:58:45 PM »
February 25, 2012

It's finally the weekend again.  I finally get to relax, just sitting around the house and being lazy.  However, today I'm also feeling a little under the weather - having chills, fevers, coughing, sneezing, running nose, and feeling like I'm going to vomit.  Hope I'll feel better soon, cuz I hate this feeling.

How are you feeling?  I  hope you are getting better.  Thinking of you.  :)

Offline Mrs.Vang

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 29, 2012, 09:47:35 PM »
How are you feeling?  I  hope you are getting better.  Thinking of you.  :)

I'm doing better, Dearest.  Thanks for asking os. 

I don't know if you heard, but PajTxivDuaj's mom just passed away.  :'(  Funeral will be on March 10, but she'll be there this weekend.  If you have time and if the weather is nice enough, see if you can go comfort her for a little bit.  Wish I can come, but it's too far for me especially in this weather. 

I hope you're doing well, Dearest.  I haven't chatted with you for a while now and I miss you and Yuriana very much.  I hope to see you soon.

Offline Mrs.Vang

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 29, 2012, 10:09:33 PM »
February 29, 2012

The last day of February and just when I thought winter was over, we had our first Snow Day this winter.  It wasn't snow, actually.  It was thick ice piled up making it hard for buses to run early in the morning.  The thick ice and wet, sloppy mess outside caused several accidents across the state, according to the Minnesota State Patrol.  It was updated at 6p.m. that there were 183 crashes and more than 300 spin-outs.  Therefore, the day would have been a safety issue for students as well.  

So, I slept till 11:00, went out to eat, came back home to relax.  I spent the day doing absolutely nothing at all, but what a day!  It's nice to have a day like this every once in a while because it's not the kind of nothing that is insignificant, but that type that makes you yearn for more.  Because today was a day for myself, I was able to sit and think on the many blessings and truly basked in the amazing fortune that I've been given.  

I cooked dinner around 6:00 and was able to take pictures to share. :)

« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 10:11:04 PM by Mrs.Vang »

DivineTreasure

« Reply #53 on: March 03, 2012, 01:06:05 AM »
That steak's making me drool.....  ;)

Offline Mrs.Vang

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 03, 2012, 01:13:52 AM »
That steak's making me drool.....  ;)

Sorry os, nyob deb deb ces koj nrog tsis tau kuv noj os.  We'll cook when you're in town. :)

Offline Mrs.Vang

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 11, 2012, 12:30:19 PM »
Sunday, March 11, 2012

Today is such a beautiful day.  The sun is shining beautifully.  There's little to no breeze.  It's calm, quiet and peaceful.  I keep thinking that it would be such a waste to be sitting around in front of my computer.  I should go out into the real world and breathe in the fresh air courtesy of our great mother earth -- go stroll along a river bank  or go watch the Minnesota loons give their babies piggyback rides.  Perhaps go sit outside under a leafless tree somewhere and just watch the beautiful, fluffy white clouds roll by?  I really should go do something.  Come to think of it, some people missed the beauty of every single day because they didn't make it through yesterday, and yet some just choose to miss a beautiful day because they choose to just sit around the house and do nothing.  Therefore, let me say this with a smile - I may not see the sun rise this morning, but I will watch the sun set this evening. :)

Enjoy this beautiful day, everyone.

« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 12:36:41 PM by Mrs.Vang »

Offline Mrs.Vang

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: ~ The Road Less Traveled By ~
« Reply #56 on: March 11, 2012, 08:10:59 PM »
March 11, 2012 - 8:07 p.m.

Please kill me, I watched the sunset from inside my bedroom window.  :-X  It got a little chilly this evening.   >:D  Maybe in the Spring when the sunsets are most beautiful. ;)

DivineTreasure

« Reply #57 on: March 12, 2012, 11:45:41 AM »
Dearest, you are so silly!  :)  It's alright!  The sun may have set, but tomorrow we'll have another sun and therefore you'll have another opportunity to watch the sunset then.  Cheer up!! :)

Offline Mrs.Vang

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 18, 2012, 06:25:31 PM »
Dearest, you are so silly!  :)  It's alright!  The sun may have set, but tomorrow we'll have another sun and therefore you'll have another opportunity to watch the sunset then.  Cheer up!! :)

Hey Dearest!  Thanks!  This weather is truly the most beautiful!  Mother nature has really been too kind and generous to us this winter.  Being able to walk around the lake while watching the sunset or the sunrise in the middle of March is truly a blessing. :) 

DivineTreasure

« Reply #59 on: March 19, 2012, 08:01:05 PM »
I was watching the forecast tonight and they showed a weather map of the US and I noticed a startling shift in weather between here and California.  We have weather up in the 70's-80's here and they are sitting at 50's-60's.  What the heck was that? What happened to Mother Nature... but it's OK... I'm not complaining.  I'm enjoying this beautiful weather.  I can finally switch out my boots for my sandals.  I'm loving every moment of this beautiful weather! :)

Advertisements