Advertisement

Author Topic: ~ The Road Less Traveled By ~  (Read 44175 times)

Offline Mrs.Vang

• Board Moderator
  • "The only ugly faces, are the ones we make."
  • Respect: +126
    • View Profile
Re: ~ The Road Less Traveled By ~
« Reply #60 on: March 22, 2012, 12:33:29 AM »
I was watching the forecast tonight and they showed a weather map of the US and I noticed a startling shift in weather between here and California.  We have weather up in the 70's-80's here and they are sitting at 50's-60's.  What the heck was that? What happened to Mother Nature... but it's OK... I'm not complaining.  I'm enjoying this beautiful weather.  I can finally switch out my boots for my sandals.  I'm loving every moment of this beautiful weather! :)

I'm loving this gorgeous weather too!  Now that I'm just sitting at home, I was able to clean out my closet.  Sorted out some things that I don't need and will be giving them away.  I also put all my sweaters and long sleeve shirts away, well, except for my cardigans.  I think I'll still need those. :)  The boots are all shoved away, too!   I took out my summer dresses.  How exciting!  Can't wait to wear them with my sandals. :)

Dearest, when's your Spring Break?  You should come up so that we can go shopping again.  I miss going shopping with you. :)

Like this post: 0
"Some people, no matter how old they get, never lose their beauty - they merely move it from their faces into their hearts."<br /><br />

Adverstisement

DivineTreasure

« Reply #61 on: March 23, 2012, 12:44:21 AM »

I'm loving this gorgeous weather too!  Now that I'm just sitting at home, I was able to clean out my closet.  Sorted out some things that I don't need and will be giving them away.  I also put all my sweaters and long sleeve shirts away, well, except for my cardigans.  I think I'll still need those. :)  The boots are all shoved away, too!   I took out my summer dresses.  How exciting!  Can't wait to wear them with my sandals. :)

Dearest, when's your Spring Break?  You should come up so that we can go shopping again.  I miss going shopping with you. :)

Dearest, my spring break is the first week of April.  I won't be able to go shopping right now.  It doesn't pay.  Mus los tsis xav yuav khaub ncaws right now.  Tos thaum kuv rov qab yuag tso ov.  :)

I miss you, Sophia and Leona very much.  I want to come up, but cia seb Sophia ua mov noj rau lub weekend twg os.  Tamsim no laj laj travel li lawm.  Princess los ntu no khib khib dwb heev li thiab ces laj laj coj nws mus ub mus no li os.  I will let you know if we do decide to come up.  :)

Offline Mrs.Vang

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 09, 2012, 09:44:33 PM »
I have been neglecting my journal. :(  Thov txim os, I've been too busy and tired.  Will get back on it again soon.

Dearest, are you coming up?  Tell me when... :)

"Some people, no matter how old they get, never lose their beauty - they merely move it from their faces into their hearts."<br /><br />

LadyLionness

« Reply #63 on: April 09, 2012, 10:36:42 PM »

I need to go through my closets too b/c I have finally found my style and have things that I will never wear again.

DivineTreasure

« Reply #64 on: April 10, 2012, 04:37:03 PM »
I have been neglecting my journal. :(  Thov txim os, I've been too busy and tired.  Will get back on it again soon.

Dearest, are you coming up?  Tell me when... :)

I  might come up toward the end of the month but not sure yet.  I will let you know for sure when it's closer to the date.

Offline Mrs.Vang

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 28, 2012, 06:47:25 PM »
I need to go through my closets too b/c I have finally found my style and have things that I will never wear again.

I should go through my closet too, but I'm too tired to do that right now.  You should take pictures of what you don't wear anymore and put a price tag on it. :)

Offline Mrs.Vang

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 28, 2012, 06:48:28 PM »
I  might come up toward the end of the month but not sure yet.  I will let you know for sure when it's closer to the date.

I called you!  Wanted to spend time with you at the Mall of America but you didn't pick up. :(

DivineTreasure

« Reply #67 on: April 28, 2012, 11:42:29 PM »
Sorry, Dearest.  Mus txog tiv lawm ces nrov nrov tsis hnov phone nrov li lawm os.  I hope we have time to meet up on Sunday before I leave for home. 

Like this post: +2

DonJuan

« Reply #68 on: April 29, 2012, 02:07:47 PM »
January 24, 2012

Today I wanted to be like everyone else in PebHmong, so I decided to let my ink leak and leave words down to preserve some of my most profound memories here.  I hope to look back someday and appreciate these moments as I move each day forward.  :)

It's a Tuesday evening, alone as always, I'm sitting here in front of my computer again and eating a bowl of Froot Loops.  Memories are rushing in - when I was little my mom would feed me Froot Loops whenever I'd get sick. :(  I'm a bit sad now.  Maybe I should call her?  She's getting very old now and each time I think about her, I get teary eyes.  How unfortunate that my father had to leave us so soon.  It has been ages since he'd been gone.  I don't even remember his face anymore.  The memories I have of him had always been feelings of anger.  He had left a wound in me - a deep wound that I sometimes still don't understand. 

I'm thinking of him now and I could see myself, a little girl, running around in the backyard with my brothers and sisters.  I remember fields and fields of corn surrounding our house and a small garden where my mom grew some vegetables, hot peppers, cilantro, onions and other herbs.  Just like a dream, I remember tents set up in the backyard.  What I remember most vividly was sitting around the fire, roasting beef in the fire and listening to my father tell stories.  Losing my father was such a traumatic experience that shakes the foundation of my life.  How I miss him still, even as an adult. 

I shouldn't have...  :'(  Hope I'll have happier things to write down tomorrow.

Memories linger because of attachment to materials, ideas and people.

Do not be the bitterness of your past. Be and enjoy the now because it is all that counts.

Death always is behind us an arm away to the left, always stalking us.

Live with no regrets, and befriend Death.  You will know it takes courage to truely live life.

Offline Mrs.Vang

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 29, 2012, 06:57:23 PM »
July 29, 2012

This is their version:  Such a sweet story.  :smitten:

YOU HAVE THE POWER TO HEAL ME

There were twins born - a girl and boy. The girl was very weak and dying. Both twins were separated and lying in two different incubators, however one day a nurse broke the protocol and put the twins together. The moment the brother was laid by his sister's side, he Hugged her and within hours her heart beat stabilized and her health improved. Eventually she was strong enough to live again.

My version of the story:  :)

A girl and a boy fell in love in heaven, but they could not be together because their fate was not bound to be.  Their love was forever forbidden.  So, they made a promise to be born as human beings and once arrived on earth they must remember to never separate.  However, when they were born as twins, they had to be separated to be put in different incubators.  The girl was sad that her heart started to weaken.  She'd rather die alone than to live alone. 

One day, a nurse remembered her own experience with her loved one, how she felt weak when she had to be apart from him.  She, then, broke the protocol and put the two twins together in one incubator.  As soon as the boy was laid by her side, he hugged her and within hours her heart beat stabilized and her health improved.  Eventually she was strong enough to live again.

What a beautiful story.  :smitten:

DivineTreasure

« Reply #70 on: July 29, 2012, 07:32:29 PM »
July 29, 2012

This is their version:  Such a sweet story.  :smitten:

YOU HAVE THE POWER TO HEAL ME

There were twins born - a girl and boy. The girl was very weak and dying. Both twins were separated and lying in two different incubators, however one day a nurse broke the protocol and put the twins together. The moment the brother was laid by his sister's side, he Hugged her and within hours her heart beat stabilized and her health improved. Eventually she was strong enough to live again.

Aw.... Love the story.  I especially love your version of it.

My version of the story:  :)

A girl and a boy fell in love in heaven, but they could not be together because their fate was not bound to be.  Their love was forever forbidden.  So, they made a promise to be born as human beings and once arrived on earth they must remember to never separate.  However, when they were born as twins, they had to be separated to be put in different incubators.  The girl was sad that her heart started to weaken.  She'd rather die alone than to live alone. 

One day, a nurse remembered her own experience with her loved one, how she felt weak when she had to be apart from him.  She, then, broke the protocol and put the two twins together in one incubator.  As soon as the boy was laid by her side, he hugged her and within hours her heart beat stabilized and her health improved.  Eventually she was strong enough to live again.

What a beautiful story.  :smitten:

Offline Mrs.Vang

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 29, 2012, 07:38:22 PM »
I like my version too.  Thanks, Dearest.. :)

Offline Mrs.Vang

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 02, 2012, 01:52:40 AM »
August 2, 2012, 2:00 a.m.

Ntuj teb tag hmo twb tav li no kuv lub siab tseem seev txog kuv niam. 

Kuv niam,

Hmo no kuv nco nco koj os.  Ib hnub dhau zuj zus, koj laus zuj zus, kuv lub siab hlub koj zuj zus tuaj.  Vim yog koj tsis txawj yug es koj yug taus kuv los yog ib leej ntxhais, ib pluag qab kuv twb tsis tau ua rau koj noj, kuv lub zog twb tsis tau muab pab rau koj ib tsam, kuv lub sij hawm twb tsis tau muab coj los zaum nrog koj sib txuas lus ib pliag, kuv twb tsis tau nrog koj pw koom ib lub chaw ib hmos... es los txog rau hnub no, zoo li ib ntsais muag xwb koj txawm siv laus tag lawm.  :'(

Thov txhob cia leej niam lub kua muag poob mog...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzWyNusTopM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmjJHnO4XEw&feature=related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPYKNQ29ubY&feature=related

« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 01:55:52 AM by Mrs.Vang »

Offline Mrs.Vang

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 03, 2012, 12:55:33 AM »
August 3, 2012, 12:55 p.m.

So, this is where my Journal Thread ran off to! :)

A special thanks to LadyLionness for moving my Journal Thread in here.  I love you lots!  :-*

LadyLionness

« Reply #74 on: August 03, 2012, 01:02:34 AM »
 :-*

Advertisements