Advertisement

Author Topic: ~ The Road Less Traveled By ~  (Read 44048 times)

Offline Mrs.Vang

• Board Moderator
  • "The only ugly faces, are the ones we make."
  • Respect: +126
    • View Profile
Re: ~ The Road Less Traveled By ~
« Reply #75 on: August 08, 2012, 01:42:41 AM »
It is August 8, 2012, 1:31 a.m.

It's one hour and 30 minutes passed midnight and I'm craving for a nice, cold fresh glass of lime juice.  I must've eaten something earlier that made me so thirsty, I needed a glass of refreshing beverage.  Looked in my fridge and found half of a watermelon and some fresh limes.  I cut up the watermelon into peaces, squeezed some fresh limes with a touch of sugar and dumped everything into the blender, added a few ice cubes...  Wow!  I never knew watermelon and lime could taste so good!  Wish I wasn't so tired, I'd take a few pictures to share.

Like this post: 0
"Some people, no matter how old they get, never lose their beauty - they merely move it from their faces into their hearts."<br /><br />

Adverstisement

Offline Mrs.Vang

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 08, 2012, 02:04:17 AM »
Memories linger because of attachment to materials, ideas and people.

Do not be the bitterness of your past. Be and enjoy the now because it is all that counts.

Death always is behind us an arm away to the left, always stalking us.

Live with no regrets, and befriend Death.  You will know it takes courage to truely live life.

Don, your words are always wise and comforting.  Thank you for being so inspiring and motivating.   :)

"Some people, no matter how old they get, never lose their beauty - they merely move it from their faces into their hearts."<br /><br />

Offline Mrs.Vang

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 10, 2012, 01:12:50 AM »
August 10, 2012, 1:03 a.m.

Kuv niam, kuv twb ua lub neej laus los txog txij no lawm los kuv tseem nco nco koj ua luaj.  Tiam neej no kuv tsuas muaj koj ib leeg xwb, ib hnub kuv xav nrog koj tham ob peb zaug, kuv xav piav qhia kom tag kuv zaj dabneeg rau koj...  Ib hnub dhau mus zuj zus, koj laus zuj zus, kuv lub ncauj tsis hais los kuv lub siab ntshai rwg tias tsam muaj ib hnub twg kuv tsis muaj koj lawm es kuv yuav muab kuv txoj sia thiab kuv lub siab coj mus cob rau leej twg?  :'(

Offline Mrs.Vang

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 14, 2012, 05:53:31 PM »
August 14, 2012, 5:12 p.m.

The endless cycle of life - one day at a time, all year it feels like we look forward to summer — and then, in a flash, it's over.  Just like that. 

I smile when the birds start to chirp outside my window.  And then I wish that they would stop singing so early in the morning so that I can dream my most intricate dreams.  Then I know that my summer is officially over when the crickets no longer sing their night time lullabies.  Today, though the sun is still out brightly, the air is crisp and cool.  I felt it this morning when I went outside to unlock the gate.  I took a deep breath and was a bit emotionally drenched.  A cool breeze instantly swiped everything out of my mind and I was reminded again that my summer was over. 

Tomorrow will mark the beginning of a new year for me.  I'm a bit excited and a little nervous.  I can't wait, at the same time I'm dreading.  It's like climbing a mountain -- my eyes are capturing this beauty of captivating scenery, the never ending fields of light green stretching for miles ahead -- and I'm thinking, it's not when I will get there, but how I will reach the top.  Yes, I'm talking about the kids. ;)  It will be another fun-filled year.  One way or another, we will succeed.  **As Koreans would say, "FIGHTING!"**  O0

LadyLionness

« Reply #79 on: August 14, 2012, 05:59:52 PM »
Good luck with work tomorrow, Mrs. Vang!

Offline Mrs.Vang

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 14, 2012, 06:03:04 PM »
Good luck with work tomorrow, Mrs. Vang!

Thanks, my Dear.  I need all the luck... mainly for waking up early in the morning!  ;D  Let's hope I will be able to do it.  That means I'll need to go to bed early tonight. :)

Offline Mrs.Vang

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 08, 2012, 03:17:58 PM »
September 8, 2012, 3:00 pm

The weather is beautiful and sunny today and I can smell the fragrant, crisp, refreshing and cool scent of autumn in the air.  I don't even need to see the magnificent foliage transforms in color from the usual summer green to red, yellow, orange, and brown.  There's no mistake at all that fall has arrived.  I can already hear the golden maple leaves rustling in the crisp breeze of autumn and I am feeling this sudden sadness in my heart as if it is waiting for something or someone.  I'm feeling a strong sense of loneliness again as usual. 

« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 03:22:30 PM by Mrs.Vang »

Offline Mrs.Vang

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 16, 2012, 09:43:28 AM »
September 16, 2012

Today is a sad day for my family.  Though death is a word we didn't want to hear, it has its way of inviting itself into our lives.  Our Grandma had passed away yesterday.  It got me thinking again about the journey of our lives -- how beautiful it can be while it lasts. But the sun must set one day and one must start on a new journey alone. May the Lord puts his arms around you and lift you to rest. We will cry and will miss you dearly, but you will always be in our hearts. Farewell, Grandma. RIP :(

« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 11:55:01 AM by Mrs.Vang »

Anthony

« Reply #83 on: October 16, 2012, 04:27:33 PM »
For someone like me who has often wondered where you have been, thanks for sharing a view into your life.  :)

Offline Mrs.Vang

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 16, 2012, 08:14:54 PM »
For someone like me who has often wondered where you have been, thanks for sharing a view into your life.  :)

Hello there, Anthony.  My road is nothing special.  It's just a long and lonely road.  I should thank you for crossing path with me again.  Even though we walked on our separate ways, I always knew and believed it in my heart that we would cross path again.  :)

Anthony

« Reply #85 on: October 17, 2012, 01:44:56 PM »
The road less traveled is long and lonely but worth every step because life is like a breeze before you know it, it's over and the sensation, gone. How short life truly is and you'll see the beauty you have been longing to seek on the path less taken.

Offline Mrs.Vang

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 23, 2012, 07:21:43 PM »
The road less traveled is long and lonely but worth every step because life is like a breeze before you know it, it's over and the sensation, gone. How short life truly is and you'll see the beauty you have been longing to seek on the path less taken.

I guess the long and lonely road that everyone walks is where all the greatest and most memorable memories are stored. :)

October 23, 2012

The weekend has come and gone, funeral is over with, and grandma has been sent home to rest.  It was a beautiful, but sad day when we sent her to the heavenly gate.  Even though our hearts ached, she seemed happy.  As long as memories last, she will be in our hearts and will never be forgotten. 

Anthony

« Reply #87 on: October 25, 2012, 12:48:05 PM »
My memory of you is sweet, kind, and gentle with a trace of sexiness all into one, extremely precious and fresh as the morning dew. Though the road is extensive, thoughts as these will make it it all worthwhile.   :)

Thanks again ST, without you I'll still be without her.

Offline Mrs.Vang

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 25, 2012, 07:42:05 PM »
A, glad you found her finally. ;)

LOL  So, it was you, eh ST?   ;D

Thanks for showing him the way, Dear. :)

Offline Mrs.Vang

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 25, 2012, 07:48:38 PM »
My memory of you is sweet, kind, and gentle with a trace of sexiness all into one, extremely precious and fresh as the morning dew. Though the road is extensive, thoughts as these will make it it all worthwhile.   :)

Thanks again ST, without you I'll still be without her.

Awww... you're too kind  yourself, Anthony, but I left all the sexiness behind lawm os.  I came alone and I'm now just an ordinary old woman lawm xwb os.  ;D  However, am still precious, I hope?  Yuav tsum hais lus muaj muaj siab li koj hais ko es peb thiaj li muaj siab ua neeg kom txog ntua hnub txoj sia tu os... :)

Advertisements