Advertisement

Author Topic: ~ The Road Less Traveled By ~  (Read 44123 times)

Offline Mrs.Vang

• Board Moderator
  • "The only ugly faces, are the ones we make."
  • Respect: +126
    • View Profile
Re: ~ The Road Less Traveled ~
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2012, 08:13:12 PM »
February 8, 2012

The responsibiliti es of a wife never end.  When a woman begins her role as a wife, especially a Hmong wife, there are many certain things expected of her.  It is true that she, not only marries her husband, but also his whole family and clan.  However, her responsibiliti es don't end there.  When she becomes a mother, she will add on another one of the biggest commitments a woman will make, but it is something she does with an open heart. 

Despite having a full time job and running around after work to make sure everyone's day is fulfilled, she still has to come home to make dinner so that everyone is fed, and to clean after everyone.  At the end of each day, it is expected of a mother to still put on a smile and perk around with a happy soul.  It is the joy of being a loving mother and a wife.

Well, I'm saddened to say that tonight, I'm giving up being a mother and a wife.  I'm too tired after a long day's work to cook dinner.  :-[  I want to relax tonight and have someone else take on that responsibility .  I promise to not cast aside my responsibiliti es too long because I know I may just starve to death with someone else's cooking. :D

Anyway, yay, I'm glad it's Wednesday already!

Like this post: 0
"Some people, no matter how old they get, never lose their beauty - they merely move it from their faces into their hearts."<br /><br />

Adverstisement

JustMe

« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2012, 10:48:17 PM »
You could dedicate 1 night a week food takeout night.. O0

Offline Mrs.Vang

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2012, 10:53:13 PM »
You could dedicate 1 night a week food takeout night.. O0

I guess I could do that.  :) 

So, what is a good order-to-go dish?

"Some people, no matter how old they get, never lose their beauty - they merely move it from their faces into their hearts."<br /><br />

JustMe

« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2012, 10:59:18 PM »

I guess I could do that.  :) 

So, what is a good order-to-go dish?

Depends on what you your feeling that night.  I usually stick to things that will fit on a paper plate and not make a mess.  Steam dumplings, Wings, Sesame Chicken, sweet tea.. when I get Chinese take out; Pizza/Wings/Salad, for other kinds of foods.. No Hmong food but if we did have some.. Hmong sausage, sticky rice and papaya.   ;D

Offline Mrs.Vang

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2012, 11:10:08 PM »
Depends on what you your feeling that night.  I usually stick to things that will fit on a paper plate and not make a mess.  Steam dumplings, Wings, Sesame Chicken, sweet tea.. when I get Chinese take out; Pizza/Wings/Salad, for other kinds of foods.. No Hmong food but if we did have some.. Hmong sausage, sticky rice and papaya.   ;D

Hmong sausage, sticky rice and papaya sounds so good right about now.  O0

Thanks for the idea.  Maybe I'll order papaya to go and a bucket of KFC tomorrow.  Will make rice.  That's easy. :)  Yay!  Tomorrow's dinner is made!  ;D

JustMe

« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2012, 11:17:36 PM »

Hmong sausage, sticky rice and papaya sounds so good right about now.  O0

Thanks for the idea.  Maybe I'll order papaya to go and a bucket of KFC tomorrow.  Will make rice.  That's easy. :)  Yay!  Tomorrow's dinner is made!  ;D

Yup.. don't forget the pepper.. can't have a meal without that..

Offline Mrs.Vang

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2012, 11:19:55 PM »
Yup.. don't forget the pepper.. can't have a meal without that..

Papaya salad will be super spicy.  I also have a whole freezer full of hot, red peppers.  Cannot live without it. :)

I bet you're a pepper person, too? 

JustMe

« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2012, 11:23:25 PM »

Papaya salad will be super spicy.  I also have a whole freezer full of hot, red peppers.  Cannot live without it. :)

I bet you're a pepper person, too? 

Yes.. I grow the hottest peppers in the world..  O0 The Bhut Jolokia and the Trinidad Scorpion BT.  If you haven't tried one yet, you have to. 

Offline Mrs.Vang

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2012, 11:25:49 PM »
Yes.. I grow the hottest peppers in the world..  O0 The Bhut Jolokia and the Trinidad Scorpion BT.  If you haven't tried one yet, you have to. 

OMG!  Wow, I'm not sure if I will want to try that.  I thought the hottest pepper is the ghost pepper, no?

I guess I'm not as brave as you are.

JustMe

« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2012, 11:32:10 PM »

OMG!  Wow, I'm not sure if I will want to try that.  I thought the hottest pepper is the ghost pepper, no?

I guess I'm not as brave as you are.

Ghost pepper = Bhut Jolokia.  The BT strain has beaten the Ghost pepper by 300,000 Scoville units.. so now its the hottest.  Ghost pepper = 1.1 million SC units.. and BT 1.4million SC units.. for comparison the Jalapeno is 8,000 SC units..

Offline Mrs.Vang

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2012, 08:13:10 AM »
Ghost pepper = Bhut Jolokia.  The BT strain has beaten the Ghost pepper by 300,000 Scoville units.. so now its the hottest.  Ghost pepper = 1.1 million SC units.. and BT 1.4million SC units.. for comparison the Jalapeno is 8,000 SC units..

Ntuj aw!  You're awesome, mang!  LOL ;D

I will have to try it... maybe just 1/4 of a seed. :D  Where can I get one?

JustMe

« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2012, 08:36:19 AM »

Ntuj aw!  You're awesome, mang!  LOL ;D

I will have to try it... maybe just 1/4 of a seed. :D  Where can I get one?

When I come up I'll bring you one.. Just PM me your #.   ;) You can get them on Ebay, but I don't know where they sell it at local places. 

Offline Mrs.Vang

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 09, 2012, 08:47:42 AM »
When I come up I'll bring you one.. Just PM me your #.   ;) You can get them on Ebay, but I don't know where they sell it at local places. 

When are you coming up?  Yeah, I don't think they sell them anywhere.  Sometimes I find ghost peppers at Dragon Star and at the flea market.  Will you please post up a picture?

JustMe

« Reply #43 on: February 09, 2012, 08:53:52 AM »
Here is a closeup of one. 

Offline Mrs.Vang

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2012, 08:57:19 AM »
Here is a closeup of one. 

Wow!  How big are they?  They're wrinkling like the ghost peppers too, but longer.  Are you really brave enough to eat those?  How much of it can you do?

Advertisements