Advertisement

Author Topic: Calling all tech geeks!  (Read 4500 times)

tsiehta_goy_vuk

Re: Calling all tech geeks!
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2012, 01:09:38 PM »
lol. Do you own an Android phone?

Because I'm not sure you truly understand.

When I got my Android phone and wanted to dl apps, I needed to log into my gmail account. Since then, I have been unable to log out. (That is my issue- not being able to log out, not that I actually want to delete my gmail account. Maybe I wasn't clear on that. Sorry.)

Based on what I have read online, it seems virtually impossible without doing a factory reset.  :'(

I do not own an android phone but a phone can't be linked to an email.  That is not a good way for any phone device to be operating or any service.

There should be a place in there where you can go to the setting and sign off and than sign back on under different email.

My understanding of this is, the email allows you to log into the market.  Period.  It has nothing to do with linking your phone to the email.

To log into the andriod market is diff than deleting the email account.

My guess is you go the the account & sync or account setting where you have the ability to remove email account and there, you can delete it. 

Phones are not too much diff from each other, they do keep things simple this way.

Let me know how it works out for you, i could learn something here.  Thanks.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

N`Chync

« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2012, 02:51:56 AM »
I do not own an android phone but a phone can't be linked to an email.  That is not a good way for any phone device to be operating or any service.

There should be a place in there where you can go to the setting and sign off and than sign back on under different email.

My understanding of this is, the email allows you to log into the market.  Period.  It has nothing to do with linking your phone to the email.

To log into the andriod market is diff than deleting the email account.

My guess is you go the the account & sync or account setting where you have the ability to remove email account and there, you can delete it. 

Phones are not too much diff from each other, they do keep things simple this way.

Let me know how it works out for you, i could learn something here.  Thanks.

you would think you would be able to switch easily. An Android phone is linked  to a google account not a email account. U can change emails, add multiple accounts. The google account used the first time is linked to the phone for backups, cloud storage, contacts, email, Android Market etc etc. Only way to change that is a factory reset unless you're using a custom rom.

tsiehta_goy_vuk

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2012, 03:55:39 AM »
you would think you would be able to switch easily. An Android phone is linked  to a google account not a email account. U can change emails, add multiple accounts. The google account used the first time is linked to the phone for backups, cloud storage, contacts, email, Android Market etc etc. Only way to change that is a factory reset unless you're using a custom rom.

Thank you.

Advertisements