Advertisement

Author Topic: Grow Green Onions in 2 Minutes...  (Read 8168 times)

Calypso

Re: Grow Green Onions in 2 Minutes...
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2012, 09:55:06 PM »
OK, my green onions r in water.... we'll see what happens next.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

JustMe

« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2012, 10:22:45 PM »
OK, my green onions r in water.... we'll see what happens next.

O0 O0

zena

« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2012, 12:18:00 PM »
I did it!  I used the scallions Mom grew in her garden that she gave me.  I used the green parts to make a pepper sauce and put the pud ends in water.  Within a few days they were growing.  So happy!

Calypso

« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2012, 09:24:20 AM »
Well, it took just a tad longer than 2 minutes but I grew some skinny ones:

I'm also trying to grow some indoor herbs Chia-pet style but IDK how that's gonna turn out. Never tried that before. ;D

JustMe

« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2012, 10:26:08 AM »
I did it!  I used the scallions Mom grew in her garden that she gave me.  I used the green parts to make a pepper sauce and put the pud ends in water.  Within a few days they were growing.  So happy!

Awesome.. Glad its working for you.

Well, it took just a tad longer than 2 minutes but I grew some skinny ones:

I'm also trying to grow some indoor herbs Chia-pet style but IDK how that's gonna turn out. Never tried that before. ;D

lol.. wow.. They take on the charateristics of their owner.. Mine are fat cause I'm fluffy.. and yours are skinny cause your small..  :2funny: j/k It looks like yours are bulb onions.. if you plant the onion in the ground by november you will have a huge ball of an onion..

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: +419
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2012, 11:14:34 AM »
Very Quickly Grow Green Onions..

Materials

1. Green Onions
2. Cup
3. Water

Step 1. Cut 2 Inches off Green Onions, The bottom part works best. 

Step 2. Add small amount of water to cup and add bottom 2 inches of Onion with root. 

Step 3.  Wait 10 Minutes and Bam..

ED!!!  you didn't tell them the secret step. 

Step 2.5. You have to usev male onions and show them a picture of a hot female green onions. 

Calypso

« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2012, 11:16:23 AM »
lol.. wow.. They take on the charateristics of their owner.. Mine are fat cause I'm fluffy.. and yours are skinny cause your small..  :2funny: j/k It looks like yours are bulb onions.. if you plant the onion in the ground by november you will have a huge ball of an onion..

U mean it's those big yellow bulb onions?

I bought those green onions at Hmong Village from a lil' old lady. I bought that, cilantro, and zaub ntsuag from her and all she charged me was $4. So cheap. I felt bad, like I was ripping her off. lol

JustMe

« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2012, 11:21:18 AM »
U mean it's those big yellow bulb onions?

I bought those green onions at Hmong Village from a lil' old lady. I bought that, cilantro, and zaub ntsuag from her and all she charged me was $4. So cheap. I felt bad, like I was ripping her off. lol

Yeah they look like it.  They work too.  The bulbs will start growing though.  Many people use the young Onions as green onions and it works fine.  But those would work better in the ground to get a bigger bulb. O0

ED!!!  you didn't tell them the secret step. 

Step 2.5. You have to usev male onions and show them a picture of a hot female green onions. 

Shhh.. don't give them the secret..

shesaid

« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2012, 12:33:54 PM »
here's my contribution.. .. took this pic on Saturday. I put it out last Tuesday and it was only the white part. (Sorry for the big picture.)

violet

« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2013, 11:59:42 AM »
Wow....that's a lot of time waiting just for a few bunches of green onions. I'd rather just go buy some at the Asian market.  ;D

Btw....you've got a huge bunch of bananas there. Did you know you can get potassium poisoning if you ingest too many bananas? It makes your skin yellow and you start attracting monkeys...  ;D

SleeplessBeauty

« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2013, 06:15:23 PM »
Now why didn't I think of this before?  I usually only like the green part and throw away the white part. This solves my problem! I'm assuming this works for chives too?

Advertisements