Advertisement

Author Topic: Txhuas lub npau suav yog koj~  (Read 67502 times)

Offline jon_jon

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +159
    • View Profile
Re: Txhuas lub npau suav yog koj~
« Reply #135 on: November 21, 2013, 04:28:37 AM »
11/21/13

The moon shone bright across the Mediterranean that night. The light eclipsed over the slopes of Sicily as we sailed in. I'd make my way through the Sicilian border and into Messina. Cities here were made into labyrinths, every corner different from the last, streets intertwined like a web--maybe no one had any sense of direction back then. Perhaps, it was meant to confuse people from stealing their treasures.

That night, the shadows danced into the moon-light, a million jasmine flowers unfurled in the air; an aroma I'll never forget. Before me the curtains opened and a masquerade was awaiting our presence. Time stood still for a thousand years.

I followed the shadows in my gait; spiraling down a seamless staircase. Hoping that you would appear--then around the corner of my eye--was that you? For a moment I stood in hesitation, turning my head to your direction. A faint laughter rung behind me. Was someone mocking me? I took off my mask in haste. Have I become the goblin king?

Vieni a ballare con me~

I'll place the skies within your eyes,

I'll place the moon within your heart...

j'Adore ;o)
x

'nites

« Last Edit: June 30, 2019, 08:00:36 PM by jon_jon »

Like this post: 0
“our worlds collided and in an instant your ocean had color because of my sky.”

—r.m. drake

Adverstisement

Offline jon_jon

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 26, 2013, 05:46:42 AM »
11/26/13

The pair of pants I bought last week finally came in the mail! Calvin Klein, boot cut jeans size 34 x 30. It's kind of loose on me, but I wear these with a buckled belt. This is my second pair of Calvin Klein jeans, I like this pair of jeans. I bought a pair two years ago and I noticed that none of the stores don't carry this same kind of jeans anymore. I had to buy it online.

The original one was made in Egypt! Compared with the new one I just bought the older one had a lot better material, the color is much more vibrant and deeper even though it's just light-wash blue. The new one was made in Vietnam. They must not be making these anymore in Egypt since all that turmoil going on over there, the U.S. has put sanctions on Egypt.

War in Syria, social unrest in Egypt, and the Philippines ravaged by a tsunami.

Life is fragile, in a blink of an eye and we are no longer here.

My parents came to visit me this past weekend. They came along with my older brother and his family. My dad is no longer the same in health, as I see that his eyes are deteriorating right before me. He cracks a smile when I joke before him, and he holds back tears when he speaks about the past. Out of all the brothers he was the poorest of them all. He had came with another party to Long Tieng but they talked about leaving my parents behind because they were poor and they did.

They all abandon him in 1975 after the fall of Saigon, everyone left even the General. He had no money to make it to the U.S. with my mom, and my brother. With a pair of clothes on their backs and two spoons and a white Hmong bowl in their nap sack they fled.

He was lucky to have met my Uncle on the way to Long Tieng and when he met him there, they had found each other by luck and coincidence. For some odd reason they were stuck there because they wouldn't let them go across and pass the gates. The soldiers didn't want no one leaving the borders and if you had a lot of kids with you they would automatically stop you.

That day my Uncle had taken a taxi back to Long Tieng to get his motorcycle and his original plan was to leave on a separate occasion without his wife and kids because he was a soldier for GVP they would catch him and take him back if they knew he was fleeing. On the way back he then saw my parents and asked them where they were heading. And after seeing them he changed plans to take them along with him back to his wife and kids. The new plan was to divide his kids up and give them to my dad that way it didn't look like he was fleeing with his family.

Luckily, my Uncle had bought three extra tickets out that day and if he were to have missed my parents, they would have not gone pass out of Laos and left behind to die in the aftermath...

Where do all the prayers go? Standing in front of the Western Wall, hundreds of pieces of paper filled the cracks that lay between the bricks. All with writings of prayer from people around the world, from those who believed in praying. With every breath of life we should pray. But who was to answer all of these prayers? Maybe someone out there is listening.

« Last Edit: June 30, 2019, 08:01:12 PM by jon_jon »

—r.m. drake

Offline jon_jon

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 02, 2013, 04:06:11 AM »
12/2/2013

Today I did the unthinkable! Went to eat pho and after finishing the entire meal. I was thinking wouldn't it be funny if I left my wallet at home. I started feeling my pockets and coat jacket. Shooo... WTH. I did...

I get up to the counter and asked the cashier, the owner I believe, that I forgot my wallet at home and will have to go back and get it. He says, "Okay, okay, okay..."

Customers were awkwardly staring at me. In a hurry I dashed out the door and into my car and went back home to get my wallet. Came back in about 15 minutes and paid the guy. Then he tells me, "I believe that you'll come back."

I believe that you'll come back

Thaum koj nyob ntawm no,
Koj uas kuv lub siab kub li hluav taws.
Thaum koj tuav kuv tes,
Lub cev cia li nres,
Lub ncauj hais tsis tau.

Thaum koj nrog kuv nyob,
Koj pom tag txhua yam hauv kuv ntsej muag,
Tej yam wb yuav ua,
Tej yam wb yuav txuas rau yav tom ntej.

(Chorus)
Koj yog kuv lub hnub,
Koj cig nyob saum ntuj.
Koj yog kev zoo siab hauv kuv lub neej,
Koj yog kev npau suav,
Nyob hauv kuv dab ntub,
Koj yog kuv txoj sia,
Koj yog kuv txoj sia...

Thaum koj nyob ntawm no,
Tsis muaj dabtsi yuav ntxhov kuv lub siab.
Thaum wb nyob ua ke,
Lub sijhawm cia nres rau wb ob leeg.
Thaum koj nrog kuv nyob (nrog kuv nyob)
Tsis muaj dabtsi kuv yuav uas tsis tau.
Hla roob dhau hiav txwv,
Ntaus rog yeej ntiaj teb,
Tsuav koj hais "hlub kuv"

Repeat Chorus

Hauv kuv lub neej,
Koj ib leeg xwb caws tau kuv txoj sia
Hauv kuv nruab siab
Muaj koj ib tug

Repeat Chorus

—r.m. drake

Offline jon_jon

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 03, 2013, 04:36:29 AM »
Awwww, you're nice to not have her pay for it!  :P
She shouldn't have to worry. Because a man takes care of his woman.   ;) :P

—r.m. drake

Offline jon_jon

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 03, 2013, 05:17:02 AM »
12/3/2013

The fountain of youth, I believe in such a thing and love at first sight.

I always wondered how my parents and those who were in love stayed so young after all these years. I attribute that to how they were able to stay in love with the person they married or fell in love with over a long period of time. For them time stopped and everything else evolved around their world. It didn't matter if they had money, food, clothing, shelter, or material things. They had what mattered the most and that is each other's love.

After a prolonged period of time of being in love they have something that only people yearn to understand or have. That in itself comes patience and perseverance, and with it they were granted a gift of everlasting youth. They say that true love makes you younger.

Love at first sight. When you see someone whom you've not known before but yet you're smitten by cupid's arrow. I believe it can happen to anyone, when you meet that person and you just know. That somewhere, somehow, call it fate or destiny; you have found the one. These people stay with you in your head for a lifetime because their resemblance to your past experience of what love should be and their warmth has put an indentation in your heart.

—r.m. drake

Offline jon_jon

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 05, 2013, 03:59:58 AM »
12/5/13

Snow storm came and gone. The snow blower came in extra handy today, finished the driveway and walkways within half an hour compared to the normal strenuous two hours. Surprised myself! Why didn't I get that thing earlier?

What is Christmas? Is it just about gifts? Because people like receiving gifts we should keep on giving, yeah that's it =X. Christmas no longer bares any spiritual meaning but has become a pagan ritual to the masses like Halloween.

What's the point of celebrating it? Santa Claus isn't real and some may even contend that Jesus never walked the earth, putting Him in the same realm of mythical creatures... Then is your life and mine in vain. If it wasn't for Christmas we wouldn't have songs like Christmas Tsis Muaj Koj.

Can one man save the world. What for? For Love...Are we that important to Him.

We are the reason. And He is the reason to live.

—r.m. drake

Offline jon_jon

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 19, 2013, 04:53:24 AM »
Captain's Log, Stardate 12.19.13

While driving in my car today, I heard an acoustic version of this song by Rembrandt but can't find it anywhere. This is the 90's version. Although not as popular as their main hit, I'll be there for you, on Friends.

That's just the way it is, babey

What are you giving for Christmas? If whatever you give doesn't hurt you, you'll care less about it. Do you believe in that? You'll remember the things you gave out of sacrifice more than the things that you gave without having to lose anything.

My cousin's girlfriend gave away one of her kidney's away last year around this time to her sister and now she is off dialysis. She's still young. He told me that they don't take the old kidney out but put in the new one from the donor and incorporate that one in somehow, the old one just sits there? I don't know I'm not a doctor.

It was a miracle, and she had the right blood match and everything. Now that was a gift! It sure helps to have siblings within the same age range. I would definitely go under the knife to save one of my brothers.

Love is on the way

A flash of lightening struck across the horizon in the dark distant sky. The sun fell on its knees and the clouds formed circles above Edman Chapel. I was talking with a friend of mine who just got out of the military. The scars had left him emotionally wounded when he came back from Afghanistan, I was lending him an ear.

A crackling of thunder shuttered our conversation. Unexpectedly, the white french doors to the side of us opened forward. And there you were! What kind of witchcraft is this? An act of God?

You had covered your face in fear and shame and walked right pass. I knew it was you. It couldn't have happened at a more fortuitous time.

In a raspy tone I called out your name, "Butterfly!"

And you turned around like you didn't notice. What was I thinking? I had to let you go, you've left a footprint in the sands of time. Although that has faded away with the tides of my heart. It was our final good-bye.

The rain began to cease its pouring as we departed into the night.

« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 05:35:57 AM by jon_jon »

—r.m. drake

LUA

« Reply #142 on: December 19, 2013, 07:09:21 AM »
I just wanted to drop in and say 'thank you' for the inspirational reads; bible verses, devotions, poems.  Your song selections are very emotional and raw, just like your writings  :). They bring back a lot of memories for me, too.  God does have a plan for all of us - your talent is exhibited here - this is your ministry. Keep up the good work! 

Offline jon_jon

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 27, 2013, 04:55:41 AM »
12/27/13

Yesterday was my sis' birthday, I wished her a very happy birthday! Told her that it's not how long you lived but it's how you live that counts.

The other day I was watching TV, nothing good was on. After watching a few hours of a fire pit with music, I turned the channel and a Shirley Temple movie called The Blue Bird was showing. This movie was made in the 1940s. No wonder why I didn't see any African kids, Mexican, or Asian kids in this movie. American movies back then were very "white." I don't mean to get into a civil rights argument here, however, just pointing out the obvious facts.

The movie was almost over, but I was able to catch the best part of the whole movie. It was the ending, when Shirley Temple and her brother goes up to heaven and sees all these kids waiting to be born. Some knew who they were going to become like engineers, doctors, and sailors. Others knew how long they were going to live like Shirley's sister who's still waiting to be born. Although she knew she wasn't going to live long, she met Shirley and her brother in heaven before she was going to come.

Then Shirley and her brother meet a young boy who doesn't want to be born because on earth not everyone is born free. Free of slavery, greed, and injustice. It was a cruel world to be born in, he said. But then when his name was called he gladly obliged to go! He wanted to make a difference and fight for those things, for a united people.

After most of the kids been called, some tried to sneak in but couldn't. Others looked onward to those who got on board the silver ship of life. A young couple, boy and girl were holding each other. Soulmates who didn't want to part each other. One was called and the other left behind. The boy was called down but knew his time would end before she was to come because he would grow old and be without her, he didn't want to go. She didn't want him to leave. Then the reaper of life says, he's not going down to die, but to live!

Soulmates, do we have one? Or is that just a concoction of our subconscious way of thinking about how love should be between a man and a woman. When in reality, we naturally choose our partners through our senses. By the way, I still believe in a soulmate. The one your heart cries for at night when you hear the crickets chirping outside in the summer's wind.

« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 04:58:48 AM by jon_jon »

—r.m. drake

Offline jon_jon

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 13, 2014, 05:16:28 AM »
1/13/14

The Secret Garden

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvgFHhLjFdU#ws (Embedding disabled, limit reached)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OhQ5llkBYg# (Embedding disabled, limit reached)

Music to fall asleep to.  :-X

What is unconditional love? It must be that yearning for someone when they don't really care for you but you go ahead and make the time to seek them out. When you forgive a wrong without taking vengeance into your own hands.

You give them your attention and love without any much return. Take care of their needs before your own and make sure they are safe from harm. Protect them until your time has gone and if they don't return your I love you's, maybe there is more to life than a fallacious love on earth.

Everyone has an inner beauty hidden inside but few will recognize it. Beauty for ashes.

The Handsomest Drowned Man In The World
by Gabriel Garcia Marquez

THE FIRST CHILDREN who saw the dark and slinky bulge approaching through the sea let themselves think it was an enemy ship. Then they saw it had no flags or masts and they thought it was a whale. But when it washed up on the beach, they removed the clumps of seaweed, the jellyfish tentacles, and the remains of fish and flotsam, and only then did they see that it was a drowned man.

They had been playing with him all afternoon, burying him in the sand and digging him up again, when someone chanced to see them and spread the alarm in the village. The men who carried him to the nearest house noticed that he weighed more than any dead man they had ever known, almost as much as a horse, and they said to each other that maybe he'd been floating too long and the water had got into his bones. When they laid him on the floor they said he'd been taller than all other men because there was barely enough room for him in the house, but they thought that maybe the ability to keep on growing after death was part of the nature of certain drowned men. He had the smell of the sea about him and only his shape gave one to suppose that it was the corpse of a human being, because the skin was covered with a crust of mud and scales.

They did not even have to clean off his face to know that the dead man was a stranger. The village was made up of only twenty-odd wooden houses that had stone courtyards with no flowers and which were spread about on the end of a desert-like cape. There was so little land that mothers always went about with the fear that the wind would carry off their children and the few dead that the years had caused among them had to be thrown off the cliffs. But the sea was calm and bountiful and all the men fitted into seven boats. So when they found the drowned man they simply had to look at one another to see that they were all there.

That night they did not go out to work at sea. While the men went to find out if anyone was missing in neighboring villages, the women stayed behind to care for the drowned man. They took the mud off with grass swabs, they removed the underwater stones entangled in his hair, and they scraped the crust off with tools used for scaling fish. As they were doing that they noticed that the vegetation on him came from faraway oceans and deep water and that his clothes were in tatters, as if he had sailed through labyrinths of coral. They noticed too that he bore his death with pride, for he did not have the lonely look of other drowned men who came out of the sea or that haggard, needy look of men who drowned in rivers. But only when they finished cleaning him off did they become aware of the kind of man he was and it left them breathless. Not only was he the tallest, strongest, most virile, and best built man they had ever seen, but even though they were looking at him there was no room for him in their imagination.

They could not find a bed in the village large enough to lay him on nor was there a table solid enough to use for his wake. The tallest men's holiday pants would not fit him, nor the fattest ones' Sunday shirts, nor the shoes of the one with the biggest feet. Fascinated by his huge size and his beauty, the women then decided to make him some pants from a large piece of sail and a shirt from some bridal brabant linen so that he could continue through his death with dignity. As they sewed, sitting in a circle and gazing at the corpse between stitches, it seemed to them that the wind had never been so steady nor the sea so restless as on that night and they supposed that the change had something to do with the dead man. They thought that if that magnificent man had lived in the village, his house would have had the widest doors, the highest ceiling, and the strongest floor, his bedstead would have been made from a midship frame held together by iron bolts, and his wife would have been the happiest woman. They thought that he would have had so much authority that he could have drawn fish out of the sea simply by calling their names and that he would have put so much work into his land that springs would have burst forth from among the rocks so that he would have been able to plant flowers on the cliffs. They secretly compared him to their own men, thinking that for all their lives theirs were incapable of doing what he could do in one night, and they ended up dismissing them deep in their hearts as the weakest, meanest and most useless creatures on earth. They were wandering through that maze of fantasy when the oldest woman, who as the oldest had looked upon the drowned man with more compassion than passion, sighed: 'He has the face of someone called Esteban.'

It was true. Most of them had only to take another look at him to see that he could not have any other name. The more stubborn among them, who were the youngest, still lived for a few hours with the illusion that when they put his clothes on and he lay among the flowers in patent leather shoes his name might be Lautaro. But it was a vain illusion. There had not been enough canvas, the poorly cut and worse sewn pants were too tight, and the hidden strength of his heart popped the buttons on his shirt. After midnight the whistling of the wind died down and the sea fell into its Wednesday drowsiness. The silence put an end to any last doubts: he was Esteban. The women who had dressed him, who had combed his hair, had cut his nails and shaved him were unable to hold back a shudder of pity when they had to resign themselves to his being dragged along the ground. It was then that they understood how unhappy he must have been with that huge body since it bothered him even after death. They could see him in life, condemned to going through doors sideways, cracking his head on crossbeams, remaining on his feet during visits, not knowing what to do with his soft, pink, sea lion hands while the lady of the house looked for her most resistant chair and begged him, frightened to death, sit here, Esteban, please, and he, leaning against the wall, smiling, don't bother, ma'am, I'm fine where I am, his heels raw and his back roasted from having done the same thing so many times whenever he paid a visit, don't bother, ma'am, I'm fine where I am, just to avoid the embarrassment of breaking up the chair, and never knowing perhaps that the ones who said don't go, Esteban, at least wait till the coffee's ready, were the ones who later on would whisper the big boob finally left, how nice, the handsome fool has gone. That was what the women were thinking beside the body a little before dawn. Later, when they covered his face with a handkerchief so that the light would not bother him, he looked so forever dead, so defenseless, so much like their men that the first furrows of tears opened in their hearts. It was one of the younger ones who began the weeping. The others, coming to, went from sighs to wails, and the more they sobbed the more they felt like weeping, because the drowned man was becoming all the more Esteban for them, and so they wept so much, for he was the more destitute, most peaceful, and most obliging man on earth, poor Esteban. So when the men returned with the news that the drowned man was not from the neighboring villages either, the women felt an opening of jubilation in the midst of their tears.
'Praise the Lord,' they sighed, 'he's ours!'

The men thought the fuss was only womanish frivolity. Fatigued because of the difficult nighttime inquiries, all they wanted was to get rid of the bother of the newcomer once and for all before the sun grew strong on that arid, windless day. They improvised a litter with the remains of foremasts and gaffs, tying it together with rigging so that it would bear the weight of the body until they reached the cliffs. They wanted to tie the anchor from a cargo ship to him so that he would sink easily into the deepest waves, where fish are blind and divers die of nostalgia, and bad currents would not bring him back to shore, as had happened with other bodies. But the more they hurried, the more the women thought of ways to waste time. They walked about like startled hens, pecking with the sea charms on their breasts, some interfering on one side to put a scapular of the good wind on the drowned man, some on the other side to put a wrist compass on him , and after a great deal of get away from there, woman, stay out of the way, look, you almost made me fall on top of the dead man, the men began to feel mistrust in their livers and started grumbling about why so many main-altar decorations for a stranger, because no matter how many nails and holy-water jars he had on him, the sharks would chew him all the same, but the women kept piling on their junk relics, running back and forth, stumbling, while they released in sighs what they did not in tears, so that the men finally exploded with since when has there ever been such a fuss over a drifting corpse, a drowned nobody, a piece of cold Wednesday meat. One of the women, mortified by so much lack of care, then removed the handkerchief from the dead man's face and the men were left breathless too.

He was Esteban. It was not necessary to repeat it for them to recognize him. If they had been told Sir Walter Raleigh, even they might have been impressed with his gringo accent, the macaw on his shoulder, his cannibal-killing blunderbuss, but there could be only one Esteban in the world and there he was, stretched out like a sperm whale, shoeless, wearing the pants of an undersized child, and with those stony nails that had to be cut with a knife. They only had to take the handkerchief off his face to see that he was ashamed, that it was not his fault that he was so big or so heavy or so handsome, and if he had known that this was going to happen, he would have looked for a more discreet place to drown in, seriously, I even would have tied the anchor off a galleon around my nick and staggered off a cliff like someone who doesn't like things in order not to be upsetting people now with this Wednesday dead body, as you people say, in order not to be bothering anyone with this filthy piece of cold meat that doesn't have anything to do with me. There was so much truth in his manner that even the most mistrustful men, the ones who felt the bitterness of endless nights at sea fearing that their women would tire of dreaming about them and begin to dream of drowned men, even they and others who were harder still shuddered in the marrow of their bones at Esteban's sincerity.

That was how they came to hold the most splendid funeral they could ever conceive of for an abandoned drowned man. Some women who had gone to get flowers in the neighboring villages returned with other women who could not believe what they had been told, and those women went back for more flowers when they saw the dead man, and they brought more and more until there were so many flowers and so many people that it was hard to walk about. At the final moment it pained them to return him to the waters as an orphan and they chose a father and mother from among the best people, and aunts and uncles and cousins, so that through him all the inhabitants of the village became kinsmen. Some sailors who heard the weeping from a distance went off course and people heard of one who had himself tied to the mainmast, remembering ancient fables about sirens. While they fought for the privilege of carrying him on their shoulders along the steep escarpment by the cliffs, men and women became aware for the first time of the desolation of their streets, the dryness of their courtyards, the narrowness of their dreams as they faced the splendor and beauty of their drowned man. They let him go without an anchor so that he could come back if he wished and whenever he wished, and they all held their breath for the fraction of centuries the body took to fall into the abyss. They did not need to look at one another to realize that they were no longer all present, that they would never be. But they also knew that everything would be different from then on, that their houses would have wider doors, higher ceilings, and stronger floors so that Esteban's memory could go everywhere without bumping into beams and so that no one in the future would dare whisper the big boob finally died, too bad, the handsome fool has finally died, because they were going to paint their house fronts gay colors to make Esteban's memory eternal and they were going to break their backs digging for springs among the stones and planting flowers on the cliffs so that in future years at dawn the passengers on great liners would awaken, suffocated by the smell of gardens on the high seas, and the captain would have to come down from the bridge in his dress uniform, with his astrolabe, his pole star, and his row of war medals and, pointing to the promontory of roses on the horizon, he would say in fourteen languages, look there, where the wind is so peaceful now that it's gone to sleep beneath the beds, over there, where the sun's so bright that the sunflowers don't know which way to turn, yes, over there, that's Esteban's village.

« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 05:23:30 AM by jon_jon »

—r.m. drake

Offline jon_jon

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 24, 2014, 04:21:15 AM »
1/24/14

“If a man could pass thro’ Paradise in a Dream, and have a flower presented to him as a pledge that his soul had really been there, and found that flower in his hand when he awoke—Aye? And what then?” -Samuel Coleridge (from the Garden by Robin Craig)

Some nights, when you dream of a dream that is so real. You can touch someone; a kiss, a hug, the slightest touch of a fingertip. A melange of unexplainable feelings that are beyond our normal physical sensory.

That's what happened the other day, I dreamt that I was holding on to your hand, before it was time to go and I haven't said the things I needed to say. Slowly my eyes brought me back to stark reality, reluctantly my fingers left your palm and when I awoke from my slumber; the ear buds on my bed were in my hand. Still attached to my iPod, I was holding onto them the whole time; it couldn't be your doing?

Nevertheless, they were in my palm and it felt as real as if you had left your fingers graze on me after we departed. Your seamless touch surpassing from one world to the next.

If I Can Dream

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5Dm16MOvRI# (Embedding disabled, limit reached)

You're the best thing that happened to me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sB7rhfLl8AU# (Embedding disabled, limit reached)

j'Adore ;o)

'nites

« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 05:19:27 AM by jon_jon »

—r.m. drake

Offline jon_jon

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 27, 2014, 01:04:50 AM »
1/27/14

Tonight's so cold  :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbG8yMD4_w0# (Embedding disabled, limit reached)

Once in a lifetime

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rtlm7ypAYg# (Embedding disabled, limit reached)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDSKuDiZteI# (Embedding disabled, limit reached)

I don't like to sleep alone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqPZ2wlsXW4# (Embedding disabled, limit reached)

Brian Tracy says to write a specific goal on a piece of paper you want to do and write examples of what you will do to achieve them on the other side and he says that by item #20 you'll understand what it take to accomplish it.

When you are successful you can't wait to get up and start your day off.

Thanks to GT B for writing this short excerpt from Brian's 10 Goal Methods.

Brian Tracy - The 10 Goal Method

Brian opens his presentation explaining how he learned early that everybody starts out with nothing. “The great tragedy,” he says, “is most people stay at nothing, most of their lives.”

He picked up the concept of the 10 Goal Method along the way and began applying it.

“I am very eager to try anything, so I began to use this 10 Goal Method,” he explains. “I noticed extraordinary changes in my life very quickly.”

Before getting into the 10 Goal Method in his video presentation, Brian outlines a seven-step “recipe” for goal setting.

1 - Decide what you want;
2 - Write it down;
3 - Set a deadline;
4 - Make a list of everything you need to do to achieve it;
5 - Organize the list into a plan;
6 - Take action;
7 - Do something every day.

List Your 10 Goals

As a visual aid, he then produces a folded sheet of paper from an inside jacket pocket and instructs viewers to get their own piece of paper and on it, write the word “Goals” and today’s date at the top of the page.

“This is going to be a very important piece of paper for you,” says Brian. “Write down 10 goals that you would like to accomplish in the next 12 months.”

He explains that the goals should contain three specific qualities, the “Three Ps,” he explains.

First P - Write them in the Present tense:
I earn this amount of money by such-and-such date.
I weigh this number of pounds by such-and-such date.
I drive this type of car; live in this type of house; achieve this type of goal...

“You say it as though you have already accomplished the goal. This is the type of command your subconscious mind goes to work on immediately.”

Second P - Always phrase your goals in a Positive tense:
I am a non-smoker.
I weigh this number of pounds.

Third P - Make it Personal; always use the “I” word when writing down a goal.

“When you use the word ‘I’ it signifies that a very important goal is coming down from head office,” he says with a smile.

He also notes that the simpler the goal is stated, the faster it will come into reality. Every goal must be in the present tense, be positive and personal, and be time-dated.

“Once you’ve completed this exercise, something marvellous has happened,” states Brian, “because only the top 3% of adults have done this; written down 10 goals in the present tense, positive and personal, in their lives.”

How to get into the Top 1%

After elaborating on other statistics demonstrating the success of the 10 Goal Method, Brian spends a few minutes outlining a further step to produce above average results. Do this, he says, and it will put you in the top 1% of adults:

- Select the most important goal from the list; it will be your key goal;
- On a clean sheet of paper, at the top of the page, write the goal in the present tense, with positive and personal language;
- Set a specific deadline;
- On the page, make a list of everything you can possibly do to achieve the goal;
- Organize the list by sequence and priority;
- Take action;
- Do something every day.

“Make the decision that once you’ve started on this goal, you’ll never stop until it’s accomplished,” instructs Brian. “When you get up in the morning, think about this goal. All day long, think of this goal.”

If you do this exercise, something remarkable will happen, he says.

“You’ll go from positive thinking to positive knowing. You’ll go from wishing and hoping to absolutely knowing that you can set and achieve an important goal... And the things you will accomplish in the years ahead will be absolutely extraordinary!”

« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 03:45:47 AM by jon_jon »

—r.m. drake

Offline jon_jon

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 09, 2014, 07:03:59 AM »
2/9/14

Last two weeks ago on Friday, I almost ran a drunk guy over on the road coming home at night. He was in the middle of the road, in subzero temperatures. I don't know whether it is safe to be a good Samaritan anymore these days or not. This past week an elderly man, 69 years of age, was shot when he let a man into his house after trying to help the guy call 911. He was the next door neighbor, to many a retired army veteran. His wife survived the attack, but who knows why it happened.

Back to that night, it was freezing cold as always, -9. I didn't even want to stop and barely missed the guy by less than a car length. He was right dab in the center of my lane. I pulled to the right and stopped for a moment. He runs to my passenger side and begins to frantically knock on my window.

Slowly, I let the passenger side window down a few inches to see who he was. And he begins to yell at me to let him in. I told him, NO! Then I proceeded to ask for his name and where he was going. To which he finally complied, otherwise I would not let him in. After a few minutes talking...

Miles Kline was his name. He had a greenish-brown jacket on, brown hair, and a medium frame. That's what I could remember if he would have shot me and I survived, but I asked to see his hands if he had anything before letting him in the car.

I ended up taking the guy back to his place and that was the end of my night. That day I had just received my Journey Revelation CD album and was playing it my car. I should have kicked him out of the car when he said Journey sucked...lols Open Arms and Don't Stop Believing will always be remembered

That CD has gone up to as much as 1K... And I've seen people buy it for around 600 bucks on Amazon. I hope they keep that CD a limited edition, and don't produce anymore because I have two original copies. Only way you can get it is from Japan and I already spoken with Wal-Mart who has the only rights to distribute it, and no stores had a copy within a 50 mile radius of where I was.

Save my Soul

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyZbuMw8fmw# (Embedding disabled, limit reached)

Love will Remain

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PIMXCGOlPk# (Embedding disabled, limit reached)

1 Cor 2:2

For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you, except JC and him crucified.

« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 07:10:22 AM by jon_jon »

—r.m. drake

Offline jon_jon

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 17, 2014, 04:35:52 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCx1kHWG0Xc# (Embedding disabled, limit reached)

"Valentine"
(with Martina McBride)

If there were no words
 No way to speak
 I would still hear you
 If there were no tears
 No way to feel inside
 I'd still feel for you

[Chorus:]
 And even if the sun refused to shine
 Even if romance ran out of rhyme
 You would still have my heart
 Until the end of time
 You're all I need, my love, my Valentine

All of my life
 I have been waiting for
 All you give to me
 You've opened my eyes
 And shown me how to love unselfishly

I've dreamed of this a thousand times before
 But in my dreams I couldn't love you more
 I will give you my heart
 Until the end of time

[piano solo]

And even if the sun refused to shine
 Even if romance ran out of rhyme
 You would still have my heart
 Until the end of time
 'Cause all I need is you, my Valentine

J'Adore ;o)
x

—r.m. drake

Offline jon_jon

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 25, 2014, 04:44:14 AM »

Finally found it!  8)

Fan tid fai hua jai tid din (Dreamers) 1997

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CH4tjj9Eck# (Embedding disabled, limit reached)

Duay Nam Ta

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rg9mEAYQi3o# (Embedding disabled, limit reached)

—r.m. drake

Advertisements