Advertisement

Author Topic: Txhuas lub npau suav yog koj~  (Read 66956 times)

Offline jon_jon

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +159
    • View Profile
Re: Txhuas lub npau suav yog koj~
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2012, 01:31:29 AM »
March 6, 2012

Got such a big headache today. I don't know why? I need some aspirin or tylenol here.

Ok, so my friend that gave my contact out to her friend. I called her up this weekend and whewww.... I just couldn't stand talking with her. It took me like 10 minutes to 15 mins to realize that she wasn't really out of breath but just breathing hard. I even asked her if she just got done running or something and she said, "No? she was just playing video games with her buddy?"

I asked her who her guy friend was and she didn't really give me an answer. I think that's the last time I'm going to call this chick.. eww..

Don't think that love is hard to find, sometimes when we're going through life without a clue trying to find what's right for us. There's a bigger picture involved and you just have to find it, but maybe someone was always with you from the beginning helping you all along....

Enjoy!

Like this post: 0
“our worlds collided and in an instant your ocean had color because of my sky.”

—r.m. drake

Adverstisement

Offline jon_jon

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2012, 01:21:51 AM »
March 7, 2012

The sun's rays were warm today. Warmer than usual for a day in March. Today, the Knicks played against the Mavericks again, this time they loss to Dirk Nowitski and Jason Kidd. I'm dissappointed with the outcome! The Knicks were done until the third quarter and caught up during the 4th, but got pummeled by Dirk again at the end. Carmelo only made two field goals? WTF? I don't believe there's any strong chemistry with Him in the line-up. They should bench Carmelo and throw in Steve Novak right away or sooner like in the 2nd quarter when they were down by 10! Novak is kicking butt with his 3 pt shooting.

I shaved my beard today.. It felt so good! My co-workers told me I should have left it and wanted to take pictures with me. But man, I can not sleep with the itching and it's starting to bother me.

O yea... who cares. No one really cares, some folks didn't even notice.

« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 01:24:14 AM by jon_jon »

—r.m. drake

Offline jon_jon

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2012, 12:54:55 AM »
March 8, 2012

Life is feeling good. At least the weather is getting warmer and now I can go jogging outside.

Work was alright, so many folks called in sick or out of work today. Boy, do I feel awkward coming in....

My older brother msg'd me at work and I called him back. Here's the situation, my older brother wants to re-finance his house but the bank won't allow him to have too much debt to income ratio. His wife can't be a co-signer with him because her credit score is below 700 or at 680 only. He asked me if I can co-sign a loan that he had taken out for my youngest brother so that he can eliminate that debt from his name because the bank will see it as a debt obligation to him...

This is how it started awhile back, I was against my brother taking that loan out for my youngest brother at the beginning because he didn't really need a BMW at the time. But he didn't care because he was trying to teach me a lesson or whatever he was thinking that I should just co-sign because we're brothers...

Anyhow, my younger brother had a car that he got into an accident with that my parents paid for when they refinanced their house, and they never even helped me once with my car payments?

Now my parents are in debt well only about 7k because of the money they took out to cash my younger brother's car that he got into an accident with. Well it wasn't my younger brother's fault so he got a settlement from it and insurance money to help cover his losses.

Instead of using that money to pay back my parents and help them out with the bills while he could get an economical car, he decides to get a higher end BMW with the help of my older brother.... He had asked me first to co-sign but I said no, because he could pay back my parents debt that they pulled out for him, but he didn't.

Now going back to my oldest brother; I told him no, because I was against taking out that loan for our youngest brother to begin with. And if he wants his name off that loan, he should just take it off.

Did I do the right thing by saying no or should I just have signed it temporarily like he told me while he finishes re-financing his house? Ack....

This wasn't the first time my older brother asked me to help him out either. He asked me a month ago if I would loan him 3500 for a bike, while he was going to pay me back with his income tax money? I said No, because he should use that income tax money for his kids. And then he goes on to tell me that he doesn't need my help, and could always get it from the bank. He was just testing me to see if I could help him out or the family in time of need?.... WTF?

I was like, "How does buying you a bike have to do with helping out the family?"

He goes on to say, "I have a House, a Lexus (that they paid in cash), and two other cars, do you really think I need your help...."

WTF!?!?..... If you're going all egotistical and materialistic on me then forsure NO!!! It's starting to rub off on me the wrong way.

Ok, talk about family affair.... everything is off my chest now... =S

Can't wait for my four day weekend next week! Warm weather please stay long. And that one hour forward will surely help speed up the process.

« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 01:06:11 AM by jon_jon »

—r.m. drake

MSV

« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2012, 09:26:52 AM »
I’m the second oldest in my family and sometimes I feel like I have this responsibility to help out my younger siblings so they too can get on their two own feet. My heart can never really say NO since they rarely ask for anything unless they are out of solutions. But if it’s one think I’ve learned, it’s that there is nothing wrong with saying no to family members. It doesn’t make you selfish…it doesn’t make you look like a bad person…it doesn’t stop them from loving you. Sometimes the best thing you do by saying no is teaching them to budget and manage their own financial life. A lesson taught indirectly through practiced behavior is better than just giving a solution to the individual hoping he/she would take something valuable from it. Do you get what I mean?

Offline jon_jon

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2012, 02:08:32 PM »
I’m the second oldest in my family and sometimes I feel like I have this responsibility to help out my younger siblings so they too can get on their two own feet. My heart can never really say NO since they rarely ask for anything unless they are out of solutions. But if it’s one think I’ve learned, it’s that there is nothing wrong with saying no to family members. It doesn’t make you selfish…it doesn’t make you look like a bad person…it doesn’t stop them from loving you. Sometimes the best thing you do by saying no is teaching them to budget and manage their own financial life. A lesson taught indirectly through practiced behavior is better than just giving a solution to the individual hoping he/she would take something valuable from it. Do you get what I mean?
i feel they're not being responsible with their money...

and i'm just fulfilling their greed for worthless material things. why should i co-sign for things that have no value whatsoever and for their personal enjoyment only? i see that they're not taking care of the things that matter most, and sometimes the more you give them... the more they just take from you for granted.

can't say YES all the time.

—r.m. drake

Offline jon_jon

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2012, 12:45:47 AM »
March 10, 2012

Can't believe the Knicks loss to the Bucks again!

This here is my reason why they lost at the end. They should have given the ball to JEREMY LIN!.. You frick'n idiots!!!

Let Lin make the play! Carmelo has beef against the bucks and he isn't playing with a winning mentality. The last game he played against the Bucks they lost because of Him! 35 pts? But no WIN!? C'mon, something says that he needs some team work involved here. There defense really sucked the last game! And I thought they were going to beat the Bucks easily with Jeremy Lin...

In which they had a GREAT start!!! When you look at Jeremy's numbers, a double double game getting the whole team involved.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 12:50:28 AM by jon_jon »

—r.m. drake

Offline jon_jon

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2012, 08:44:05 PM »
March 11, 2012

With no purpose your skills are meaningless... The purpose of having faith!

Today met an acquaintance and her husband. She introduces her husband by her "street" name.... "Taco"....

Ok.... I just don't get it? It's a case of what was she thinking? But I guess people have their unique taste for Love or whatsoever. But I'm not going to bash on Hmong girls.... Gotta stay positive here.

Finished my taxes this weekend, going to send it tomorrow!

Had some kimchee with seafood noodle soup! Pretty good, they added plenty of shrimp.

Going to see the Chronicle tonight. I opted out of watching John Carter, looks like another Conan meets Braveheart type of movie. Too redundant.....

Another lonely night, signing off.

—r.m. drake

Offline jon_jon

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2012, 01:46:42 AM »
March 14, 2012

Great weather we are having this whole week. So far went fishing and hung out with friends. Drank a few beers at happy hour!

Topic we always talk about of course is girls and women!... but mostly sex.

One of the guys mentioned that women will justify everything about herself for a man if the sex is ORGASMIC, no matter whether he's a loser, midget, OG, or whatever. Do you guys believe that's true? Would a woman go justify her relationship and compromise all her values for "good" sex....

C'mon now, that's BS. Or shall I take it from him.  :-\ ::)

Well, if they do that's the reason why women like all the bad guys, technically because they think they're good in bed. lols...

That was our justification for why the bad guys get all the girls.... Haha

Anyways, I just don't see how a boy and girl could find their true love when their young and grow up together to be married with each other without ever having to date and see other people. It was like they were destined to be together from birth, like in those Korean Dramas.

btw, the Knicks should trade Melo and Stat.... I'd like to see the knicks just play Chandler, Shump, Lin, fields, JR Smith and Novak...

—r.m. drake

Offline jon_jon

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2012, 01:55:08 AM »
March 21, 2012

I didn't think I'd ever say something as mean as telling my parents, "I don't want to be Hmong anymore!"

I'm just fed up with life that I've blamed my culture for the way I am and why I couldn't hang around friends of different races when I was young. Didn't get to do much during school years because my parents didn't allow me to have friends at all. Didn't go to parties, no football games, no dances, and didn't even go to my own graduation. I felt somewhat embarrassed to go because my parents would show up. I've somehow accumulated so many DT's because I hated school, and was an outcast from early on in high school. I don't know how I managed to graduate high school but I did.

I've always thought to myself that I was born Hmong to be alone, and that when I almost drowned as a kid, I should have just let go because it was after all a lonely life and still is....

Now that I'm thinking more about what I said, I need to take back my words and will have to ask my parents for forgiveness. I don't know why I say that to them but I know that in my heart it has been a lonely journey for me.

Here's a story I found for those who are embarrassed or need to remember that your parents would give anything to love you more.

A Mother's Love

My mom only had one eye. I hated her… She was such an embarrassment. She cooked for students and teachers to support the family.

There was this one day during elementary school where my mom came to say hello to me. I was so embarrassed.

How could she do this to me? I ignored her, threw her a hateful look and ran out. The next day at school one of my classmates said, ‘EEEE, your mom only has one eye!’

I wanted to bury myself. I also wanted my mom to just disappear. I confronted her that day and said, ‘ If you’re only gonna make me a laughing stock, why don’t you just die?’

My mom did not respond… I didn’t even stop to think for a second about what I had said, because I was full of anger. I was oblivious to her feelings.

I wanted out of that house, and have nothing to do with her. So I studied real hard, got a chance to go abroad to study.

Then, I got married. I bought a house of my own. I had kids of my own. I was happy with my life, my kids and the comforts. Then one day, my Mother came to visit me. She hadn’t seen me in years and she didn’t even meet her grandchildren.

When she stood by the door, my children laughed at her, and I yelled at her for coming over uninvited. I screamed at her, ‘How dare you come to my house and scare my children!’ GET OUT OF HERE! NOW!!!’

And to this, my mother quietly answered, ‘Oh, I’m so sorry. I may have gotten the wrong address,’ and she disappeared out of sight.

One day, a letter regarding a school reunion came to my house. So I lied to my wife that I was going on a business trip. After the reunion, I went to the old shack just out of curiosity.

My neighbors said that she died. I did not shed a single tear. They handed me a letter that she had wanted me to have.

‘My dearest son,

I think of you all the time. I’m sorry that I came to your house and scared your children.

I was so glad when I heard you were coming for the reunion. But I may not be able to even get out of bed to see you. I’m sorry that I was a constant embarrassment to you when you were growing up.

You see……..when you were very little, you got into an accident, and lost your eye. As a mother, I couldn’t stand watching you having to grow up with one eye. So I gave you mine.

I was so proud of my son who was seeing a whole new world for me, in my place, with that eye.

With all my love to you,

Your mother.’

—r.m. drake

Offline jon_jon

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2012, 02:35:14 AM »
March 27, 2012

Quite melancholy and depressing with the dating life these days. Hmong american women 25 and up, none are to be found? Am I not looking in the right places? So my friends tell me to go hang out at the clubs and bars to find women. But the only ones I found there are full of many surprises with their baby daddy drama!

Contemplating on marrying a Laos girl soon....

I've never thought of going there, but it sure seems like a guarantee shot now that my parents have inside people. I've got one girl that I particularly like. Maybe it's in the way she smiles, the way her long hair flows in the wind. Can't wait to see her soon when I visit.

—r.m. drake

Offline jon_jon

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2012, 03:20:32 AM »
April 1, 2012

Today I'm going to talk with the Hmong-Laos girl that my auntie has pointed out to me. I'm sorta nervous because she's really pretty, my auntie has good taste in fine things and she's good at match making. She's also pointed out two other potential girls for my brothers but they could care less. I've never been married nor have any kids, how would one know if someone's right or not?

Fate was knocking at my door ever since I told my parents I didn't want to be Hmong anymore, looks like I'll have to learn how to speak Hmong better! Kind of funny how things work for the good in all. I could write fine, just can't speak much of it. Sometimes I mix green with white dialect and people wonder if I'm green or white? If marrying a Hmong-Laos girl is where I need to love my own-kind then let it be...

Not to say that Hmong-American girls aren't pretty or uninteresting, I haven't lost hope in them, but a broken record of Hellos and no replies has not kept my heart in good shape. Otherwise, I have the same chances with a Hmong-Laos girl who's only hope is to come to America and get a better life here so that she could send money back to her parents at home. In this I know she will love me more and will appreciate me for bringing her here. My mom's already liking her because she'll be able to have a nyab who can communicate with her in her own language at last.

I will need to put my foot down and do this! Be a go getter.... The obstacles that were put forth before me were only there to make me stronger. My enemies have no power over me; and they only fulfill my destiny.

Codfish is a big business. The market is huge. When codfish were first being shipped, they froze them. They noticed that the flavor was lost during shipping. Somebody came up with the idea to put them in tanks and ship them in actual seawater. Even then the codfish would arrive at the market 3 or 4 days later, and would have lost much of their flavor because they were not active enough in the tank. They had a kind of mushy texture.

Finally, they learned to ship the codfish with a couple of catfish in the tank with them. The catfish is the natural enemy of codfish. During shipping the catfish would chase the codfish all around the tank the whole time, and when they got to the place where they were going, the codfish tasted like you just pulled them out of the sea. Their texture was great; their taste was even better than before.

See God knows that we are codfish in a catfish world. God allows all things, even catfish type things to help us grow strong and if He kept us from those things, we wouldn't grow into the image of Jesus Christ. Jesus himself said, "In this world you are going to have struggles. You are going to have troubles, tribulations, but be of good courage. I have overcome the world and I am going to take those troubles and I am going to transform you more and more in to my likeness."

—r.m. drake

Offline jon_jon

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2012, 03:26:46 AM »
Lub 4 hli ntuj hnub 3, xyoo 2012.

I give this Hmong-Laos girl a call only to get her older sister. First words to her were, "Hello, Nyob Zoo os! (------) puas nyob hauv tsev lawm nas?"

She's like no? And I asked her who she was, then she tells me she's the older sister.

Darn it! She's not even home. Now I have to wait for a few days because she told me that her younger sister was not in town and was going to be gone for awhile visiting another village/city.

She says that she works in a different city. Ohhh... How so? Just my luck.

Gonna call her again tomorrow to see if she came back home yet.

It's almost Easter! What am I to do, Easter Bunny will you be there to lay any eggs for me this year. Yesterday, I watched Mao's Last Dancer, a true story of a ballet dancer named Li Cunxin who was chosen at the young age of 11 to train in ballet for Madame Mao's dance academy. He was then given a scholarship to study abroad and dance with the Houston Ballet in America. Once in America he finds out his new found freedom and love. While the heartache of missing his family back at home keeps him up at night.

This is an inspiring movie that everyone should see! It goes to show you the struggles of Communism and Capitalism back in the 1970s and 80s. You can definitely see that China has been turning a new leaf in its Communist agendas from today as compared to back then.

Li Cunxin's personal story is a journey that reinvigorates you to reach higher for your own dreams.

—r.m. drake

Offline jon_jon

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2012, 03:14:34 AM »
April 6, 2012

Bet u guys were waiting to see if I called her or not!...

Welp, turns out I did! She answered the phone. We talked for a good 45 minutes until I told her that I'll call her again. We both have similar upbringings. She told me about how most of the Hmong people in Laos or the youth speak only Laotian now and none speak Hmong. I told her the same thing about the kids here in the US, most of the youth speak English and barely any Hmong at all. We even spoke about General Vang Pao and she said that if they ever mention his name they could be put in jail or taken away. Wow...

She was amazed at how good my Hmong is, but I told her that I was raised up in a christian home and my parents took me to church where we learned Hmong. That's where I picked it up, otherwise I would not know a bit of Hmong at all. We spoke a little bit about our faith but didn't get into it much. She wanted to know if I was going to come visit already?

I told her about my auntie, and that she's going back to visit again this year. She must be a regular in her village because she told me that she's popular with the people there. I didn't know that, and they do business sewing Paj Ntaub for her. She must pay them cash! That's gotta be it.

She's very articulate with her words in Hmong and has a very sincere demeanor. Although sometimes I think she speaks like my mom in Hmong, that kind of scared me in a good way. =)

This weekend will be a fun one, gotta do the laundry, wash the blankets/pillows for the guests, buy new dress shirt for Easter Sunday, and get everything ready when my brother's family arrives at my place.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 03:18:23 AM by jon_jon »

—r.m. drake

Offline jon_jon

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2012, 09:59:33 PM »
April 15, 2012

The Beat to My Heart by jj

He gives me two ears,
but fills them with the sound of tears.

God gives me two arms and two hands,
but they'll never reach the skies.

With a vivid imagination.
God gives me two eyes,

Will I ever get to my destination?
He made me with two legs and two feet.

Maybe one day, I'll run far apart,
I shall find that beat.

The beat to my heart.

« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 10:01:17 PM by jon_jon »

—r.m. drake

Offline jon_jon

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2012, 03:20:13 PM »
April 18, 2012

6 Steps to Success by Arnold

1) Trust yourself
2) Break some rules
3) Don't be afraid of failure
4) Ignore the nay-sayers
5) Work hard as hell
6) Give back to your community

Today I will not fail at what I'm going to do, whether going to work, relationships, or helping a friend. I will conquer my emotions and not let myself get carried away in worry. I will listen and find solutions when needed. Talk when I have to rebuke and talk for success, not to put anyone down or to gain pride, but to build each other up and to encourage one another towards peace and tranquility.

—r.m. drake

Advertisements