Advertisement

Author Topic: Txhuas lub npau suav yog koj~  (Read 67534 times)

Offline jon_jon

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +159
    • View Profile
Re: Txhuas lub npau suav yog koj~
« Reply #45 on: July 02, 2012, 01:25:17 AM »
July 2, 2012

Today I learned a valuable lesson that we should not try to be a people pleaser. We should strive to see God's will for us and please God first, the rest will follow. Often times we are frustrated and upset because we can not measure up to what other people have tried to mold us to be. That's because it's not who we are. It's someone else's mental picture of who we should become and is not who we truly want to be on the inside.

We have given up our true selves to follow other people's dreams for us and their expectations, not our own. We can never please everyone! Have you heard of Aesop's fable about the Old man, the boy and the donkey?

An old man and a young boy were traveling through their village with their donkey. The boy rode on the donkey and the old man walked.

As they went along they passed some people who remarked it was a shame the old man was walking and the boy was riding.

The man and boy thought maybe the critics were right, so they changed positions.

Later, they passed some people that remarked, "What a shame, he makes that little boy walk." They then decided they both would walk.

Soon they passed some more people who thought they were stupid to walk when they had a decent donkey to ride. So, they both rode the donkey.

Now they passed some people that shamed them by saying, "How awful to put such a load on a poor donkey."

The boy and man said they were probably right, so they decided to carry the donkey.

As they crossed the bridge, they lost their grip on the animal and he fell into the river and drowned.

The moral of the story?

If you try to please everyone, you may as well just kiss your ass goodbye.

Trying to fit yourself into other people's mold will only make your life frustrating and miserable. It's always better to be free from that and let God mold you the way you should be! Allow him to work the miracles in your life so that you can become who you are, not someone that lived their life accordingly to the critics of others.

One more thing that I discovered today, certain dreams should be kept hidden and not yet revealed. Dreams should not be told to others unless you know or trust them. As in Joseph's story he told his dream to his brother and it caused them to become jealous; selling him away to the egyptians. He told them about how he was going to rule over them one day and they will bow down to him. His brothers were furious with this because he was also the favorited son by their dad.

Maybe they took it as a joke but it was cruel, and sold him away to slavery. He did however come back to fulfill his destiny and his dream. Forgiving his brothers and rescuing his family from famine.

Okay so moral of Joseph’s story, don’t tell your dreams to people so quick, they may be jealous of you, hate you or decide to do something bad to you. But somehow God worked it all out in Joseph’s favor. If his brother had not sold him away he would have not got to be Pharoah’s right hand man.

In all, Joseph was right with God all along and that made him who he was.

« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 03:51:43 PM by jon_jon »

Like this post: 0
“our worlds collided and in an instant your ocean had color because of my sky.”

—r.m. drake

Adverstisement

Offline jon_jon

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 04, 2012, 01:03:23 AM »
July 4, 2012

I had Pandora playing yesterday night and this song came on...

No More Rhyme by Debbie Gibson

I'm not the type of person who'd write poems or love songs. It irks me whenever I feel this way coz I was never like this. I wrote this in the poetic section. Thought I'd stick it here before I forget it. Love works in so many ways... I'd thought I share this poem about a voice that consumes me day in and day out. I can't grasp it, but it carries on my love.

Lub Suab Hu by jj
Yog tsis muaj koj lub suab hu kuv,
Mloog lawm tus hu los tsis muaj nuj nqig.

Yog tsis muaj koj los nrog kuv mus,
Kuv lub siab yuav nrhiav koj  mus ibtxhis.

Ntshe tig ib hmo yuav uas npau suav txog,
Hnub uas kuv yuav tau koj los nyob nrog.

Es yuav sawv los tsis pom koj nyob ib sab,
Yuav mob kuv siab tsis muaj hnub kaj.

Thaum twg koj mas li los puag ,
Tsis txhob cia kuv nyob ib vuag.

Nco koj npaum li hniav hnub thov,
Kom tau hnov koj lub suab uas rau kuv sov.

Yog tsis muaj koj lub suab hu kuv,
Mloog lawm tus hu los tsis muaj nuj nqig.

Yog tau koj los nrog kuv mus,
Kuv lub siab yuav nyob kaj siab lug.

Yuav nyob kaj siab lug, mus tag ibtxhis,
Mus ntev dhau lub tebchaws nov, kom dim.

—r.m. drake

Offline jon_jon

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 06, 2012, 02:29:25 AM »
July 6, 2012

Wait with Expectancy! When we wait upon God we should seek out his favor for us. Not just sit back and hope that good things will come or that he'll just give us what we ask for. We need to follow His direction for us in our lives and not be idle on who we are.

To receive God's blessings we must have genuine faith to see where His miracles will take us. With faith we are healed. With faith, sins are forgiven and sickness can be cured. The blind can see and the paralyze can walk.

No Other Name

No Other Name
Teach my eyes to recognize You
Teach my lips to glorify You
Guide my feet so I can find You
Wherever You are
Be my way, I'm lost without you
Be my light, shining through my every breath
My every move, till every thought is You

One day every knee will bow
To the
God of Glory, the Lord most Holy
Emmanuel
Giver of Life, Light of the world
And there's no other name
Worthy of praise but Yours

Teach my eyes to recognize You
Teach my lips to glorify You
Guide my feet so I can find You
Wherever You are

One day every knee will bow
And one day every tongue will confess
You're the
Emmanuel
There's no other name

Jesus, there's no other name but Yours
Jesus

You're the
Emmanuel
Emmanuel
And there's no other name
Worthy of praise, oh there's no other name
There's no other name but Yours

—r.m. drake

Offline jon_jon

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 10, 2012, 02:33:49 AM »
July 10, 2012

I really like Pizza!

shhh... I love pizza more...  8)

Love the Lord with all your heart, mind, and soul. I believe people shouldn't love God in vain. You're not serving yourself any good. You shouldn't also love other people in vain or pretend to love someone. He taught us to love everyone whole-heartedly like you would yourself but you shouldn't have to pretend. What's worse is to love someone, but truly hate them on the inside. You're nothing but a white-washed tomb. I wouldn't want someone to love me because they had to or because they're inclination of me was something that wasn't true.

You're not building a solid foundation on love and if u never loved someone to begin with that sand will wither away quickly because it was founded on a lie or by deceptive means. The truth has nothing to hide, but a lie will continue to waver and it seeks to defend something that isn't real. When you fully love someone you do not need to defend yourself because the truth is that the love you have covers all multitudes of wrongs.

Someone once asked me why my journal entries have a melancholy feel to them. They just are, I can't explain why. Seems like the more I write, the more my shadows come out of the woodwork.

And my shadows are filled with more mystery than the light that surrounds it. When I start searching inside I try to shed light on the sad things and make them happy. That's the only way to clear myself of negative thoughts and bitter resentments in my life.

When you love someone their happiness should ultimately be your happiness! Even if they'd never loved you....

Through trial and tribulations. I will count every loss as joy.

May His name be praised, and not mine.

—r.m. drake

Offline jon_jon

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 11, 2012, 02:07:05 AM »
July 11, 2012

My sister told me that women are the best liars, and are more deceptive than men. I believe that! She told me some of the stories she did to guys just to ruin them and had no remorse of what she did to them. I don't think I'll ever give my heart away again to a woman. She'll have to meet me half-way this time and even when, she'll have to earn it. not gonna take that bull shi3t no more.

My brother was right, a woman doesn't deserve your love; because as a guy you're the one who'll always have to chase her. She'll never come chasing after you. We're just wired that way, he says. good thing i have him to console with in my life, but it's sad to know that his wife married him for all the wrong reasons as well. Not to say he wasn't a good guy, but like me people often mistaken us for being the bad guy? I don't know why? Do we look like bad guys? Just because we don't dress up in suit and tie everyday or am willing to become doctors, lawyers, and pastors? Nor do we attend every OG party and event. They don't like us...

aiya, no more.

Off to Tamra Island I go, I'm catching up on it.. yeup, kinda bored these past couple of days. At the end of part 12... I don't understand why, Park Yu doesn't say bye to Beo Jin when they leave back with the foreigner and the japanese guy. He just sits in his room and Beo Jin's like, this is it, i'm going...

Don't even want to say my good-bye's coz it feels like you'll never get to see them again or hear their voice. I don't like saying good-byes. If I leave without a trace, I mean to come back one day! When I say good-bye it means i'll be gone forever....

It's kind of funny how my mom used to threaten us kids when we were small. She would threaten to leave us behind and move somewhere far if we didn't do something she said or to make us stop crying. I remember it all too well because her words were brutal and it cut sharper than a knife into me. Everytime she said it, i'd stop crying as a kid to only feel that knife still stuck in my heart.

In a strange turn of events, i would be the one leaving her behind and moving out early after high school to never return home.... maybe she never wanted me there....

My place at home is nothing but a storage closet now with junk stored up in it. how will i return, when i don't even have a place to sleep on. i'm trying hard here mom, if i don't make it out here, i'm willing to die alone here before i come back with nothing...

—r.m. drake

Offline jon_jon

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 13, 2012, 02:37:34 AM »
July 13, 2012

When you give your heart away. Hopefully a new one grows in its place because I'm going to be heartless for awhile....  :'(

What can you do when all the odds are stacked up against you? And you only have one chance to bet! You got to act at the right time and follow your heart, kind of hard when you given it away...

Faith without deeds is dead.. it really is. When you have faith you should act upon it before it goes away. I need that faith to do what is right, and to recognize what I can change. If it is not His will, I will not take what doesn't belong to me. And to get rid of all my selfish desires, and for Him to send me want truly is mine. To help me on my way in this world.

My prayer is to find that faith again, and to act upon it, to let it shine so that other people can see God's magnificent works.

—r.m. drake

Offline jon_jon

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 19, 2012, 01:07:43 AM »
July 19, 2012

Endless Story

If my life was a book, I want to know that I was the author and that everyone else didn't write so much in it. In life we can't always be the author, it just doesn't happen like that. We have people that influence like our parents, siblings, friends, and leaders. But I have to remember that God was the one who created me and everyone in this world. Maybe I should hand that pen over to God and let Him write my story for me. Hoping that it will have a happy ending.

I found out that beauty does not last forever at a young age. I had a friend who was really pretty and we went to school together in elementary school. One day while at home she was helping her mom cook and she accidentally tipped a pot of something boiling over her arm, it got all over her left shoulder and barely skimmed her face. But you can still see where she was burned severely bad. She was the most beautiful girl at my school, to my eyes, and that had to happen to her.

I remember the look on her face when she came to school after her incident. I looked away and avoided her at first because it was hard to see her pain. I didn't know what to say. All the other kids were asking her what happened, and comforting her. After awhile I came back to her and told her that God would help her. I could see tears in her eyes; life was not going to be easy for her from then on.

A few years later we moved when I was in the fifth grade and never saw her again. But I learned a valuable thing from her. People will always judge you by how you look, but what they remember about you is what you've done.

When we truly find beauty in someone, that's what lasts forever. It's not the looks and materials things that make us who we are, those things fade away. The only thing that lasts is that true beauty we find in love. To love one another as God loves us, unconditionall y.

An excerpt from The Alchemist:

Narcissus, a youth who knelt daily beside a lake contemplated his own beauty. He was so fascinated by himself that, one morning, he fell into the lake and drowned. At the spot where he fell, a flower was born, which was called the narcissus.

When Narcissus died, the goddesses of the forest appeared and found the lake, which had been fresh water, transformed into a lake of salty tears.

“Why do you weep?” the goddesses asked.

“I weep for Narcissus,” the lake replied.

“Ah, it is no surprise that you weep for Narcissus,” they said, “for though we always pursued him in the forest, you alone could contemplate his beauty close at hand.”

“But…was Narcissus beautiful?” the lake asked.

“Who better than you to know that?” the goddesses said in wonder. “After all, it was by your banks that he knelt each day to contemplate himself!”

The lake was silent for some time. Finally, it said:

“I weep for Narcissus, but I never noticed that Narcissus was beautiful. I weep because, each time he knelt beside my banks, I could see, in the depths of his eyes, my own beauty reflected.”

« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 12:47:17 PM by jon_jon »

—r.m. drake

Offline jon_jon

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 21, 2012, 03:36:56 PM »
Captain's Log, Stardate 21 July 2012.

What does it mean to be a Hero?

I've come to my senses that a Hero sometimes doesn't get the girl at the end. Hollywood makes us believe that the "good" guys get all the women and you always see the kiss at the end. Well time to wake up and smell the coffee.

A hero does what's right and hopes that what he did will be worth more for those he love. A hero as defined here by the dictionary:

A person, typically a man, who is admired for courage or noble qualities.

Hero's are not born they're made....

Have I been a man who is willing to sacrifice not being with a girl to do what's right. Even if it means that she will not be with me at the end. Yes, I've ran into situations where it wasn't just worth fighting for to keep someone when you actually will save them by letting them be with someone who can help further themselves.

Even if it costs you your own heart to know that someone won't be loving you in return, doing that righteous act will win not just the heart of man, but God's.

That's what I must do. I must be a man after God's own heart.

I've put aside all my selfish desires for myself, what I want to become and look at what God's heart is telling me to do. My body and flesh may fail, but God is my strength and my portion forever.

—r.m. drake

Offline jon_jon

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 25, 2012, 01:42:05 AM »
Captain's Log, Stardate 25 July 2012.

Can't believe I'm filling in for two weekends in a row. I really don't have a life? Being nice ain't easy, I guess. My co-worker's getting married in two weeks here and going on a honeymoon. Guess what? I get to fill-in for her weekends. Boss comes over and tells me that she's going to be on leave for a few days because she's getting married. Asked me if I was willing to come in for her... aah...

these times I wish I was married, had a family to step in for, got something going on that's important?... nada.. nothing?

well, looks like I'll be coming in two weekends, that means working a possible 50-60 hour shift approx. 120 hours in two weeks.  :(

this August and September, I have nothing but weddings to go to. weddings are becoming sad each time I attend. use to be happy attending because of the food and such, but these days I feel like it's the end of the world.

—r.m. drake

Offline jon_jon

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 27, 2012, 02:42:34 AM »
Captain's Log, Stardate 27 July 2012.

The two drops of oil

by Paulo Coelho

A merchant sent his son to learn the Secret of Happiness from the wisest of men. The young man wandered through the desert for forty days until he reached a beautiful castle at the top of a mountain. There lived the sage that the young man was looking for.

However, instead of finding a holy man, our hero entered a room and saw a great deal of activity; merchants coming and going, people chatting in the corners, a small orchestra playing sweet melodies, and there was a table laden with the most delectable dishes of that part of the world.

The wise man talked to everybody, and the young man had to wait for two hours until it was time for his audience.

With considerable patience, the Sage listened attentively to the reason for the boy’s visit, but told him that at that moment he did not have the time to explain to him the Secret of Happiness.

He suggested that the young man take a stroll around his palace and come back in two hours’ time.

“However, I want to ask you a favor,” he added, handling the boy a teaspoon, in which he poured two drops of oil. “While you walk, carry this spoon and don’t let the oil spill.”

The young man began to climb up and down the palace staircases, always keeping his eyes fixed on the spoon. At the end of two hours he returned to the presence of the wise man.

“So,” asked the sage, “did you see the Persian tapestries hanging in my dining room? Did you see the garden that the Master of Gardeners took ten years to create? Did you notice the beautiful parchments in my library?”

Embarrassed, the young man confessed that he had seen nothing. His only concern was not to spill the drops of oil that the wise man had entrusted to him.

“So, go back and see the wonders of my world,” said the wise man. “You can’t trust a man if you don’t know his house.”

Now more at ease, the young man took the spoon and strolled again through the palace, this time paying attention to all the works of art that hung from the ceiling and walls. He saw the gardens, the mountains all around the palace, the delicacy of the flowers, the taste with which each work of art was placed in its niche. Returning to the sage, he reported in detail all that he had seen.

“But where are the two drops of oil that I entrusted to you?” asked the sage.

Looking down at the spoon, the young man realized that he had spilled the oil.

“Well, that is the only advice I have to give you,” said the sage of sages. “The Secret of Happiness lies in looking at all the wonders of the world and never forgetting the two drops of oil in the spoon.”

—r.m. drake

Offline jon_jon

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 27, 2012, 03:08:34 AM »

—r.m. drake

Offline jon_jon

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 27, 2012, 11:48:19 AM »
Amaryllis

by Shinedown

In a while now I will feel better
I’ll face the weather before me
In a while now I’ll race the irony
And buy back each word of my eulogy

All the uninvited tragedies
Step outside

Ask yourself now
Where would you be without
Days like this
When you finally collide
With the moment you can’t forget

So do I remind you of
Someone you never met
A lonely silhouette
And do I remind you of
Somewhere you wanna be
So far out of reach
Ohhh I wish you’d open up for me
Cause I wanna know you
Amaryllis
Bloom

Stay a while now
Undress your colors
Cause they’re like no others
I’ve ever seen
I could get used to your company
Step inside

Ask yourself now
Where would you be without
Days like this
When you finally collide
With the motions you can’t resist

So do I remind you of
Someone you never met
A lonely silhouette
And do I remind you of
Somewhere you wanna be
So far out of reach
Cause I wanna know you
Amaryllis

In a while now
I will feel better
I will be better

So do I remind you of
Someone you never met
A lonely silhouette
And do I remind you of
Somewhere you wanna be
So far out of reach
Cause I wanna know you
Amaryllis
Bloom
Amaryllis
Bloom
Amaryllis

—r.m. drake

Offline jon_jon

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 27, 2012, 12:16:49 PM »
Wb mam sib hlub

Guy:
koj niam koj txiv, tsis pub koj los hlub kuv
Nkawd ua ciaj ua tuag, rub koj ntawm kuv lub xub ntiag
Txiv cem ntsoom koj, niam saib tsis pub ploj ib pliag
nkawd hais tias kuv, tsuas yog ib niag dev liam

Girl:
Kuv niam kuv txiv, tsis pub kuv los hlub koj
Nkawd txiav tu nrho, rub kuv ntawm koj me nplooj siab
Nkawd cem nkawd ntaus, tsis pub kuv tuaj cuag koj
los tsis txhob poob siab, vim koj yog kuv txoj sia

Guy:
Txawm yuav tau koj, los ntshe nkawd yuav tsis hlub
Nkawd yuav ntxub ntxub, qhov muag dub li nciab
Nkawd yuav tsis nyiam, tsis hu kuv ua nkawd vauv

Girl:
Tsis txhob tu siab, txawm luag yuav tsis hlub wb
Tshuav muaj koj los, nrog kuv nyob ua ib ke
Txhua tsav txhua yam, lub neej yeej yuav ruaj ntseg

Together:
Wb mam sib hlub, sib pab lawm yav tom ntej
Los nyob ua ke, sib hwm mus tag ib txhis
Ua wb lub neej, muaj koob mus nto lub ntsis
Kom muaj ib hnub, nkawd rov nco txog wb

(music plays…….)

2nd Round….

Guy:
Koj niam koj txiv, tsis pub kuv ua nkawd vauv
Nkawd thiaj li ua, txhua yam thaiv wb txoj kev hlub
Hais lus khib khib, chob nkaus hauv kuv me nplooj siab
Tsis xam hais tias, kuv no yog tib neeg thiab

Girl:
Tsis txhob tu siab, nplooj siab tus neeg kuv hlub
Txawm luag tsis pub, los kuv yeej yog koj tug
Yuav sau siab los, nrog koj nyob mus ib txhiv
Yuav tsis cia koj, nyob nrog lub kua muag si

Guy:
Txawm yuav tau koj, los ntshe nkawd yuav tsis hlub
Nkawd yuav ntxub ntxub, qhov muag dub li nciab
Nkawd yuav tsis nyiam, tsis hu kuv ua nkawd vauv

Girl:
Tsis txhob tu siab, txawm nkawd yuav tsis hlub wb
Tshuav muaj koj los, nrog kuv ua ib ke
Txhua tsav txhua yam, lub neej yeej yuav ruaj ntseg

Together:
Wb mam sib hlub, sib pab lawm yav tom ntej
Los nyob ua ke, sib hwm mus tag ib txhis
Ua wb lub neej, muaj koob mus nto lub ntsis

Ending

—r.m. drake

Offline jon_jon

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 30, 2012, 12:37:16 AM »
Captain's log, stardate 30 July, 2012

I always wondered if gay couples get mad or jealous if their s/o likes someone who is of the opposite sex. I had a strange encounter with one of my past friends. Just noticed that she is now bisexual and having a relationship with a woman by her facebook comments, pics, and posts.

We were at a wedding and she noticed me from afar. Came up to me and asked to take a picture together all the awhile her "girl" friend was with her. I didn't know they were supposedly together in that way, but she was talking to me and we just said a few words. She told her girlfriend to take a picture of us. I was sensing some jealousy or hatred from her friend? She had that jealous look in her eye... lols

Well... what do u know? lesbians get jealous of guys who like their girlfriends... hahah

That's a first one for me.

Today, I helped a friend moved to his new apartment. We got talking about life, women, and just family issues. Afterwards I went to the flea markets to buy some hmong clothes and got myself some crazy steak with drunken style noodles! Yum..

While at the flea market I see this girl, I've seen her elsewhere before and she's always with a different guy each time I see her. White guy, hmong guy, and now a mexican/phillipino guy?

I'm thinking why would she go through guys like that? She's a really pretty gal, but I believe she's a single mom. Saw her little girl with her. I don't even think those guys are dating her for the long-term.  ::)

My question is when a girl is divorced and/or has kids. Do they not care who they date anymore or just go for anyone who's willing to give them a chance? A pretty girl like her why does she keep on dating losers who can't even take care of her and her kid. She can find way better...

—r.m. drake

Offline jon_jon

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 05, 2012, 12:04:38 AM »
August 5, 2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDTXazXVne4#ws (Embedding disabled, limit reached)

Easy guitar tab for Cia Siab Rau Tagkis!

« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 12:59:04 AM by jon_jon »

—r.m. drake

Advertisements