Advertisement

Author Topic: Txhuas lub npau suav yog koj~  (Read 67590 times)

WordGirl

Re: Txhuas lub npau suav yog koj~
« Reply #150 on: February 25, 2014, 07:15:00 AM »
Hi, hon! How are you?  :D

Fan tid fai hua jai tid din (Dreamers) 1997....I remember that movie. I love ST...he's got a babyface. He is so dreamy!

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline jon_jon

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +159
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 02, 2014, 05:46:39 PM »
Hi, hon! How are you?  :D

Fan tid fai hua jai tid din (Dreamers) 1997....I remember that movie. I love ST...he's got a babyface. He is so dreamy!

Hello, PH wifey!  :P 8) :-\

How are u!

“our worlds collided and in an instant your ocean had color because of my sky.”

—r.m. drake

Offline jon_jon

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 02, 2014, 06:16:35 PM »

Bethesda Pool

It was told in John 5:1-19 of a time when Jesus came by these pools and healed a man who had been lame for 38 years. Legend has it by many Jews that periodically an angel would come and stir the waters and whoever would get into the pool first would be healed. Yet Jesus taught this man to trust in Him rather then legends of men.

Can I trust in you?

"Faith allows things to happen.  It is the power that comes from a fearless heart.

And when a fearless heart believes, miracles happen."-unknown

Sometimes we need miracles in our lives.

To the Beautiful You

It's me

Butterfly

Fighting!  :P

« Last Edit: June 30, 2019, 08:03:46 PM by jon_jon »

—r.m. drake

Offline jon_jon

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 04, 2014, 04:03:35 AM »

Does anyone know the original Chinese song for this tune? I had it but lost it.

Hlub Tsis Yooj Yim

Verse 1:
 Lub ntuj tsaus nti muaj ntau hnub qub ci
 Los kuv tsuav muaj koj ib leeg xwb
 Koj muaj nuj nqi tshaj plaws
 Kuv paub koj zoo tshaj
 Kuv zoo siab heev thaum kuv los nyob ze koj

Verse 2:
 Txhua hnub txhua hmo npau suav txog koj xwb
 Zoo siab muaj koj nrog kuv nyob ua ke
 Tsis xav mus nrhiav lwm tus
 Zoo siab nrog koj mus
 Yuav nrog koj mus txog hnub kawg

Chorus 1:
 Yuav ntsib tus neeg zoo li koj yeej tsis yooj yim
 Thaum sib ntsib kuv nkag siab koj yeej yog neeg zoo
 Zoo tshaj lub hnub lub hli nyob puag saum lub ntuj
 Koj ntxim kuv lub siab kuv thiaj tau los hlub koj

*Repeat All

Chorus 2: *Repeat 2x
 La la la la la la la la la la
 La la la la la la la la la la
 Zoo tshaj lub hnub lub hli nyob puag saum lub ntuj
 Koj ntxim kuv lub siab kuv thiaj tau los hlub koj

j'Adore ;o)

—r.m. drake

Offline jon_jon

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 20, 2014, 05:49:05 AM »

Meggido "Jezreel Valley" mostly known as the valley of Armeggedon.

The final show down where all the armies of the world are going to meet one day to battle. Napoleon himself said, "All the armies of the world could maneuver their forces on this vast plain."

As he went along, he saw a man blind from birth. His disciples asked him, “Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?”

“Neither this man nor his parents sinned,” said Jesus, “but this happened so that the works of God might be manifested in him. As long as it is day, we must do the works of him who sent me. Night is coming, when no one can work. While I am in the world, I am the light of the world.” -John 9:3

Jesus appeared to the disciples on the shores of the Sea of Galilee and asks Simon Peter if he loves him. Three times he asked him, three times Peter had denied him before. If you love me, "Feed my sheep."

Marrying someone, it shouldn't be based on looks alone. People's personality change as they get older, something they do could be cute today but get annoying as the years go on. I've seen a lot of good and bad in marriages. I do hope that people marry for the right reasons but every so often I would see some do it for the wrong reasons. Here's a list of wrong reasons why people get married:

-getting too old
-jumped into love too fast
-married because of looks, money, fame or popularity, education, or status
-fell for the sob stories, in other words they felt sorry for the person
-their friends told them to
-loneliness
-want to have babies
-want to get away from family
-everyone else or all their close friends are married

The list continues, don't marry someone for the wrong reasons.  8)

At the end of the day, ask yourself, do you love this person... whether for good or bad.

« Last Edit: June 30, 2019, 08:04:28 PM by jon_jon »

—r.m. drake

Offline floaty

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +26
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 25, 2014, 02:04:35 AM »

Marrying someone, it shouldn't be based on looks alone. People's personality change as they get older, something they do could be cute today but get annoying as the years go on. I've seen a lot of good and bad in marriages. I do hope that people marry for the right reasons but every so often I would see some do it for the wrong reasons. Here's a list of wrong reasons why people get married:

-getting too old
-jumped into love too fast
-married because of looks, money, fame or popularity, education, or status
-fell for the sob stories, in other words they felt sorry for the person
-their friends told them to
-loneliness
-want to have babies
-want to get away from family
-everyone else or all their close friends are married

The list continues, don't marry someone for the wrong reasons.  8)

At the end of the day, ask yourself, do you love this person... whether for good or bad.

With this mindset, you will find someone that will greatly appreciate your love.  O0 

"You drown not by falling into the water, but by staying submerged in it."

Offline jon_jon

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 26, 2014, 05:18:48 AM »
3/26/14

Who sung this? I think it's either Loswing or Destiny. Beginning sounds alright, until the chorus and ending.

Too emo for me even.

Lub hnub ibtxwm nyob rau sau ntuj,
Lub paj ibtxwm nyob nrog tus kav.

Tus ntses ibtxwm nyob nrog tus dej,
Es koj ibtxwm nyob nrog kuv.

Wb txojkev hlub, wb tau cog lus,
Tias yuav sib hlub mus tag ibtxhis.

Lub suab luag ntxhi nyob hauv kuv xubntiag,
Tsis muaj hnub uas koj yuav khiav...

« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 02:16:23 PM by jon_jon »

—r.m. drake

Offline jon_jon

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 02, 2014, 04:18:06 AM »
4/2/14

How do you know that you have loved someone? Can you really love someone by only listening to what others have said about him or her. For instance, a boy may have fallen for a girl because of what others have described to him even before he has had the chance to meet her. His hope is that she is what everyone has said about her is true.

Have you really loved someone? Is it better to only hear about somebody and to be in love with that person by ear or to actually fall in love and be with that person forever. No doubt in my mind, it's always better to fall in love...

Psalms 91:14, He delivers and protects those who love Him and acknowledges His name.

Miracles in December

I am searching for the one I can’t see anymore
 I am listening for the one I can’t hear anymore
 I can see the things I couldn’t see
 Can hear the things I couldn’t hear
 You’ve give me this power ever since you left me right here

Before, I was selfish and I didn’t care about you
 I didn’t understand your heart; I was a fool
 Right now, I’m trying to change who I am
 And I know you’re not by my side
 But it’s because of your love that I’m trying to change

It seems as if everything in my world somehow reminds me of you
 Each snowflake in the sky is like a teardrop that came from you
 I wish that somehow you would appear
 I wish you’d be by my side, right here
 Even with this power, I still cannot bring you back to me

Before, I was selfish and I didn’t care about you
 I didn’t understand your heart; I was a fool
 But it’s because of your love that I’m trying to change

If I could freeze time, I’d go back to you
 I open this book and see the pictures of us two
 On that page, you and I…
back then when there was “you and I”

I’m not strong, but I can change because of you
 Because of your love
 You changed my everything (My whole life and more)
 Everything (My world from before)

Before, I didn’t understand how precious love was
 I thought when it ended, everything would be just fine
 But it’s because of your love that my love will go on

If I could freeze time (Oh, if I could)
 I’d go back to you (I’d go back to you)
 I open this book (of memories)
 It has the pain that we both knew
 As my tears fade away…
snow begins to fall just like that day

I’m still searching for the one I can’t see anymore
 I’m still listening for the one I can’t hear anymore

« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 02:40:41 AM by jon_jon »

—r.m. drake

WordGirl

« Reply #158 on: April 02, 2014, 07:12:10 AM »
Hi, honey. Something about the way you put your thoughts on print brings about a soothing calmness in me. Your faith is amazing JJ.

I want the fall in love like those made in a romance movie....do-overs for the perfect kiss, multiple scenes because the lighting isn't right, bad acting and all.  ;)

Offline jon_jon

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 10, 2014, 04:26:25 AM »
4/10/14

For the Ultimate Warrior within you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U23n3SrYJhY

One of my favorite icons growing up as a kid passed away this week. Even the Gods couldn't save the Warrior from death. It all takes us one by one, who are we to deserve to live and breathe in this moment of time; life is complex, soft, and intricate. In an instant it is going to fly by, I need to remind myself that I must do things with integrity. Become a man of integrity and transform my thoughts, words, and actions by every word that proceeds from the truth.

This is from an article I found on the net:

http://www.artofmanliness.com/2009/04/07/living-a-life-of-integrity/

Practicing Integrity

Living a life of integrity is a daily process that’s doesn’t end until your life does. Here are some ways to develop integrity:

Decide now, not later. Many men have not thought through their personal value system. They’re not sure who they are or what they stand for, and they wait until the breaking of a crisis to make their decision. At that point, it’s too late. Faced then with great pressure, you will be more prone to take the route which is easier in that moment. Decide now what you will and will not compromise on. Then, when faced with ethical choices, the decision will have already been made.

Quit the rationalizatio ns. There’s always a million reasons to compromise your integrity. You hear them on the news every day as corporate bigwigs struggle to justify their fat bonus checks. You can always come up with justifications that seemingly make good sense and let you sleep better at night. But at the end of the day, when you place your rationalizatio ns on a scale next to integrity, you’ll realize you sold out something priceless for a measly pittance. There’s nothing more valuable than your good name and the ability to look at yourself in the mirror each day with a clear conscience.

Don’t take the first step. When a great man falls from grace, we often wonder how he could have ever messed up so royally. The truth is that he didn’t wake up one day and decide to commit an egregious blunder. It started with a little fudging here, a tiny bit of lying there. From there he just kept on sliding down the slippery slope of compromise. Don’t compromise on the little things, and you won’t on the bigger ones.

Don’t justify the means for the end. This is probably the most popular rationalizatio n for breaking with your integrity. In reality, the journey towards an accomplishment or decision is just as important as the destination itself. Even if you are richly rewarded at the end, if you cannot look back on the means used to get there with anything but shame, your victory will be hollow indeed.

Take personal responsibility for you life. At the heart of integrity is the ability to own up to the fact that you are in control of your life. You are responsible for both your successes and your failures. Nobody else but you.
Living a Life of Integrity

Integrity is a value that we should strive for in all areas of your life. Here are some of the areas and situations where it should always be applied:

Integrity Within Yourself

I once read an acquaintance’s blog in which he wrote of running into someone at a bar and struggling to remember what story he had told her about himself. Apparently, he enjoys telling people that he meets at bars and such that he is different people-a pilot, a doctor, a soldier, etc. He said that it sometimes gets hard to remember who he told what.

While this is an extreme example, how many men do you know who act like social chameleons; they are a different guy with you, a different guy at home, a different guy at work, a different guy when traveling, ect. Instead of being a single self, they live as multiple selves, transforming into who they think each group wants them to be. William James, the philosopher and psychologist, said that men have “as many different social selves as there are distinct groups of persons about whose opinion he cares.”

Even if you aren’t outright lying like my acquaintance, turning on some alternate persona in different situations can be exhausting. You end up feeling fragmented and confused as to who you really are. No relationship should require you to pretend to be someone you’re not. If people don’t like who you really are, why would you want to be friends with them in the first place?

The first step towards integrity is being honest with yourself. Be who are. Say what you mean. Do what you say you will do. Don’t just walk the walk; talk the talk.

Integrity at Work

Put in 40 hours of work for 40 hours of pay. You’re getting paid to do a job, not goof around. There are of course exceptions; you may be done with one project and have nothing to do until you get your next assignment. But if you’re supposed to be working on something, you shouldn’t be watching March Madness games.

Don’t take credit for others’ success. Never take someone’s idea and pitch it as your own. And don’t jump on a wagon at the end of a successful ride that you didn’t contribute to.

Be transparent. Make your deals as transparent as possible. Don’t leave out things that the other party is going to hate you for later when they figure out what they really signed.

Don’t steal supplies. Yeah, the corporation you work for doesn’t pay you enough. And yeah, no one is going to miss that box of paperclips. But it’s still stealing, buddy.

Avoid situations where you’ll have a conflict of interest. If you’re caught in something that prevents you from making completely honest decisions, get out.

If your company pressures you to make unethical decisions, walk away. It’s not true every man has a price; a man of integrity prizes his character above monetary security. Is it possible to make it in your career field while having true integrity? Yes, but only if you’re the best at what you do. You’ll always need to be a cut above the guys who take shortcuts to get ahead.

Integrity in Your Romantic Relationships

Be an open book. Don’t keep secrets from your significant other. Even if the secrets don’t affect her, if she finds out you’ve been keeping stuff from her, it will erode the trust between you.

Avoid emotional cheating. Having integrity in regards to physical cheating is a given. Harder is avoiding emotional cheating, a straying that seems more innocuous at first, but easily leads to the corporeal variety. If you find yourself sharing more of your thoughts and feelings with a female friend or co-worker than you do with your wife, it’s time to take a big step back.

End a relationship when you know it’s over. If you’re dating someone and have reached the point where you know you two don’t have a future together, don’t keep dragging her along because you’re afraid to end things. Break up with her like a man.

Integrity with your Friendships

Keep your promises. Always, always follow-through with the things you have said you will do. A man’s word is his bond. If you tell your friend that you’ll hang out with him, and then the girl you like invites you over–too bad. You already made other plans.

Don’t talk smack about other people. Saying something behind someone’s back that you wouldn’t say to their face shows a distinct lack of integrity.

Be the vault. When friend trusts you with confidential information, lock those secrets away. Nothing erodes a friendship faster then a breach of trust in the secret department.

Warrior - by DL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPoG8-WJTt0

This is a story that I've never told
I gotta get this off my chest to let it go
I need to take back the light inside you stole
You're a criminal
And you steal like you're a pro

All the pain and the truth
I wear like a battle wound
So ashamed so confused, I was broken and bruised

Now I'm a warrior
Now I've got thicker skin
I'm a warrior
I'm stronger than ive ever been
And my armor, is made of steel, you cant get in
I'm a warrior
And you can never hurt me again

Out of the ashes,I'm burning like a fire
You can save your apologies, you're nothing but a liar
I've got shame, I've got scars
That I'lll never show
I'm a survivor
In more ways than you know

Cause all the pain and the truth
I wear like a battle wound
So ashamed so confused, I'm not broken, or bruised

Now I'm a warrior
I'm a warrior
I'm stronger than I've ever been
And my armor, is made of steel, you can't get in
Im a warrior

There's a part of me I can't get back
A little girl grew up too fast
All it took was once, I'll never be the same
Now I'm taking back my life today
Nothing left that you can say
Cause you were never gonna take the blame anyway

Now I'm a warrior
I'm a warrior
I'm stronger than I've ever been
And my armor, is made of steel, you can't get in
I'm a warrior

Nooo oooh yeaaah yeaah

You can never hurt me again

« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 05:20:47 AM by jon_jon »

—r.m. drake

Wi_sweetguy

« Reply #160 on: April 10, 2014, 04:36:21 AM »
Good morning Jon-Jon,
Hope you are doing fine and is having a wonderful spring.

I heard the news that Ultimate Warrior passed on and it's kind of sad because he was a legend.  I was hoping for him to make a comeback before he gets too old, but guess he move on.  He was one of those Icons where you take notice and reminds me of a superhero like the rock.  Rock's presence can shine the whole arena and warrior had that spark. I hope the warrior family take it well and hope he will find happiness.

Offline jon_jon

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 10, 2014, 04:54:35 AM »
Good morning Jon-Jon,
Hope you are doing fine and is having a wonderful spring.

I heard the news that Ultimate Warrior passed on and it's kind of sad because he was a legend.  I was hoping for him to make a comeback before he gets too old, but guess he move on.  He was one of those Icons where you take notice and reminds me of a superhero like the rock.  Rock's presence can shine the whole arena and warrior had that spark. I hope the warrior family take it well and hope he will find happiness.
G'morn, man. It's kind of hard remembering him as a kid, I have faint memories of his wrestling matches on TV when WWF reigned supreme. I know the feeling now that my co-worker had when Davy Jones of the Monkees passed away in 2012, it's someone you grew up seeing live on TV. And now they're gone.

Guess what hit me was the memory of that time my friend in grade school dressed up as the Ultimate Warrior and claimed to be his kid. He was a poor kid like me and for Halloween he wore nothing but some undies and tied some strings around his elbows and knees. Marker'd up his face with a mask like he was the Ultimate Warrior and showed up to class.. Haha

The teacher took him to the principals office called his parents and told him to go back home and put on some clothes. Lols...

The Warrior is now amongst the Gods.

—r.m. drake

Offline jon_jon

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 18, 2014, 03:17:33 AM »
6/18/14

Carry Me Home

Unpredictable

Angel of Mine by The Icarus Account

There was a time when I was never really sure
If I was ever gonna find that perfect girl
Kept thanking the day when you came my way everything changed

I could tell straight from the moment that we met
You would always be the girl I can not forget
In all of my thoughts
In all of my prayers
In all of my kiss

So maybe I'm falling in love
With an angel that came from above
Your something to find
One of a kind

You were all that I can see
Yes, sometimes it's hard to believe
Your something to find
One of a kind
Angel of mine
Angel of mine

I've never been the type to go all in
You were different it was evident
You gave me your heart
I'll give you mine
All of the time

So maybe I'm falling in love
With an angel that came from above
Your something to find
One of a kind

You were all that I can see
Yes, sometimes it's hard to believe
Your something to find
One of a kind
Angel of mine
Angel of mine

Where did you come from from?
Where have you been?
I have been waiting all this time
Angel of mine

So finally I've fallen in love
With an angel from above
You're something to find
One of a kind
You are all that I can see
Yes sometimes it's hard to believe
You're something to find
One of a kind

Angel of mine

—r.m. drake

Offline jon_jon

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 11, 2015, 04:09:27 AM »
Do you remember love?

I can hear your voice now,
Tell me to go to you,
Just as I am about to be overcome with loneliness.

I can see you now,
Walking towards me,
As I close my eyes and wait.

My heart was clouded by tears just yesterday,
But now...

Do you remember when our eyes met?
Do you remember when our hands touched?
That was my first foray into love.
I love you, so.

I am no longer alone.
You are here with me...

https://youtu.be/_fZd19Do-rc

You're the one

Haven't posted here in a long time. Thought I would stop since my time here is up. Don't awaken love until it so desires. SoS 2:7

Here's to you.

Girl, just take my hand
And pull me close to you
The love we have is true
Like a candle in the night
You are my light, my life
And I will burn for you

What you are to me
Girl, I will always need

Come, walk along with me
And tell me how you feel
You know my love's for real
Please don't leave me now
I'll make it work somehow
I promise, starting now

What you are to me
Girl, I will always need

[Chorus:]:
You are the one that makes me laugh
You are the one that makes me cry
I could go on and on and on
But that would do nothing if you're gone

Come and sit down by my side
Tell me it's alright
We'll make it through the night
Please don't shed a tear
I'll always love you dear
We'll last a million years

[Chorus:]

J'adore
;o)

Hey there. how are you?  ;)

Michael Jackson is back! Raindrops keep falling on my head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcUH5CHab_c

It's your love

https://youtu.be/DN_CGVYUSdo

« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 03:35:06 AM by jon_jon »

—r.m. drake

Offline jon_jon

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 18, 2016, 03:26:51 AM »
3/18/2016

Haven't come back here in ages. Why not... and leave my fingerprints in here once more.

We're just a bunch of monkeys trying to get out. Sometimes the only people stopping you are the ones you hang around with. Maybe if you took a step outside of your social circle you'll see that things can change, and you have greater potential than you thought. Don't let others put you down because they can't achieve something that you see is easily obtainable.

The Five Monkeys Experiment

An experimenter puts 5 monkeys in a large cage. High up at the top of the cage, well beyond the reach of the monkeys, is a bunch of bananas. Underneath the bananas is a ladder.

The monkeys immediately spot the bananas and one begins to climb the ladder. As he does, however, the experimenter sprays him with a stream of cold water. Then, he proceeds to spray each of the other monkeys.

The monkey on the ladder scrambles off. And all 5 sit for a time on the floor, wet, cold, and bewildered. Soon, though, the temptation of the bananas is too great, and another monkey begins to climb the ladder. Again, the experimenter sprays the ambitious monkey with cold water and all the other monkeys as well. When a third monkey tries to climb the ladder, the other monkeys, wanting to avoid the cold spray, pull him off the ladder and beat him.

Now one monkey is removed and a new monkey is introduced to the cage. Spotting the bananas, he naively begins to climb the ladder. The other monkeys pull him off and beat him.

Here’s where it gets interesting. The experimenter removes a second one of the original monkeys from the cage and replaces him with a new monkey. Again, the new monkey begins to climb the ladder and, again, the other monkeys pull him off and beat him – including the monkey who had never been sprayed.

By the end of the experiment, none of the original monkeys were left and yet, despite none of them ever experiencing the cold, wet, spray, they had all learned never to try and go for the bananas.

The metaphor and the lessons that apply to work are clear. Despite the exhortations from management to be innovative and collaborative, cold water is poured on people and their ideas whenever someone tries something new. Or, perhaps worse, the other employees suppress innovation, and learned helplessness spreads throughout the firm.

The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Heaven's Knife

By Josh Garrels

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIHmqt4e5dE

Take my hand
I won’t let go
We’ve waited so long

And all my life
I walked alone
To you, my heart, my home

Like the first man
I was cut so deep by heaven’s knife
When I awoke from my sleep
Oh my Lord, she’s beautiful
She’s a part of me
She’s my wife

Bound by love
One flesh to be
An unbroken ring

And I lay down
My life for thee
In this we are free

Like the first man
I was cut so deep by heaven’s knife
When I awoke from my sleep
Oh my Lord, she’ s beautiful
Walking up to me
Oh she’s wonderful, standing next to me
Oh she’s all
All that I can see, yeah
She’s beautiful, she’s a part of me
She’s my wife

J'Adore
;o)

8/3/16

Above everything else guard your heart, because from it flow the springs of life. Prov - 4:23

If I was your heart and you were mine. I'd guard you for the rest of my life. For above everything else, you are the spring that gives me life. And I hope to be the spring that brings you joy. What more do I need?

We'll live forever if you were Here in My Heart and if I was in yours.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKgnEz7HmuY

Me Lug Sib Tau

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bx_YcJbZLgc

Lyrics
Meb lug sib tau
Voice # 7

Peb tuaj ntawm nuav, nrug meb zoo sab
Txuj kev sib, hlub meb, lug sib sau...
Ua txij ua nkawm, koom ib lub cev
Meb ob leeg yuav yog ib leeg

Thov vaajtswv coj, nrug nraim meb
Txuj hauv kev, kws meb yuav taug