Advertisement

Author Topic: Daily Quotations  (Read 191960 times)

proudlao

Re: Daily Quotations
« Reply #45 on: March 16, 2012, 11:43:43 AM »
A 'No' uttered from the deepest conviction is better than a 'Yes' merely uttered to please, or worse, to avoid trouble.
Mahatma Gandhi

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

couchpotato

« Reply #46 on: March 18, 2012, 09:44:05 AM »
"Language is the source of misunderstandi ngs." -The Little Prince

proudlao

« Reply #47 on: March 20, 2012, 07:40:40 AM »
Action expresses priorities. Mahatma Gandhi

supadupac

« Reply #48 on: March 20, 2012, 01:38:31 PM »
"Gold is the symbol of everything shiny and beautiful and it does actually exist on this earth and the way to discover it is firstly get a degree in geology and understand that it can be discovered in lodes. Then you do surveys of the ground and then you go into the ground with machines. You blister your skin and it's agony and you get out this rock and you go into a foundry and into the heat and you blister your skin again and out comes this thing and it's gold. It's unbelievably hard work, and it takes knowledge and understanding, but there it really truly is. But one thing that will never happen is that you close your eyes and wish for gold and some angel leans out from heaven and presents you with a bar. No one will transform tin into gold and no one will make gold from nothing. And that is true of any equivalent of gold.

Beauty, truth, poetry and art do not come from anything other than a foundry of similar proportions, from similar experiences of work and effort. What upsets me are the people who lay claim to a short cut. It sounds rather dreary and Calvinistic but I think that work leads to great things like beauty and extraordinary truth, things that shine and are transcendent. I don't know any other way of getting there."

-Stephen Fry

couchpotato

« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2012, 10:48:50 AM »
"If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together.. there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart.. I'll always be with you."

-Winnie the Pooh

FLASH

« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2012, 12:28:48 PM »
"Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen." Michael Jordan

"To get something you never had, you have to do something you never did." Unknown

"The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the most of everything that comes along their way." - Karen S. Magee

“Confidence comes not from always being right but from not fearing to be wrong.” Peter T. Mcintyre

"Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it." Michael Jordan

“To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe.” Anatole France

"There are things that we don't want to happen but have to accept, things we don't want to know but have to learn, and people we can't live without but have to let go." Unknown

"Don't be afraid to fall for someone because it will only give them the opportunity to catch you!" Chyea Thao

"Don't chase someone unless they have taken your heart..." Chyea Thao

proudlao

« Reply #51 on: March 22, 2012, 07:05:54 AM »
Great quoates everyone. Thanks for sharing!

Whatever you do may seem insignificant to you, but it is most important that you do it. Mahatma Gandhi

sunsets

« Reply #52 on: March 23, 2012, 09:05:47 AM »
I have a lot of favorite's, this is one of the many that I like.

"You cannot control what happens to you, but you can control your attitude toward what happens to you, and in that, you will be mastering change rather than allowing it to master you." ~ Sri Ram

FLASH

« Reply #53 on: March 23, 2012, 11:25:46 AM »
"Good things come to those who wait, great things come to those who really work for it." Unknown

couchpotato

« Reply #54 on: March 24, 2012, 04:08:59 AM »
“Nothing fixes a thing so intensely in the memory as the wish to forget it.”

- Michel de Montaigne

1luv

« Reply #55 on: March 24, 2012, 04:18:12 AM »
Sex is just another form of talk, where you act the words instead of saying them.

D. H. LAWRENCE, Lady Chatterley's Lover

IH8MyEx

« Reply #56 on: March 26, 2012, 10:05:13 AM »
"Today a good day, don't let a good girl get away"

magic_guppie

« Reply #57 on: March 26, 2012, 05:39:20 PM »
"dont hate the playa hate the game" O0 O0 O0 O0

"when losing your virginity go unprotected to feel it all" O0

« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 05:43:42 PM by magic_guppie »

proudlao

« Reply #58 on: March 27, 2012, 06:23:14 AM »
I believe in God, but not as one thing, not as an old man in the sky. I believe that what people call God is something in all of us. I believe that what Jesus and Mohammed and Buddha and all the rest said was right. It's just that the translations have gone wrong.

John Lennon

IH8MyEx

« Reply #59 on: March 27, 2012, 07:58:49 AM »
"Your smile is the reason for the SUN to shine"

Advertisements