Advertisement

Author Topic: Milwaukee Hmong Bassers "NEW" Bass Fishing!  (Read 10390 times)

clumzy31

Milwaukee Hmong Bassers "NEW" Bass Fishing!
« on: March 05, 2012, 06:28:51 PM »
Here's complete information for the club I'm going to start in Milwaukee!  When the season starts I will probably begin a new "Group" via Facebook for posting up results/pictures of every tournament!  If anyone has questions about anything, please post in here on Pebhmong or email me at [email protected]!  Thanks everyone for the support!

Milwaukee Hmong Bassers

Tournament Lake Schedule

Tournament Pre-Meeting every morning of the launch 6am

Launch Time-6:30am/7am-3pm

Big Cedar Lake- May 26 -Launch site-Public Launch off Gonring Drive

White Water Lake -June 23-Launch site-State Park on Kettle Moraine Drive/State Park Road

Phantom Lake -July 7-Launch Site-Lower Phantom Public Launch off Andrew Street

Long Lake(Fon du lac County) -July 28-Launch Site-Long Lake Recreation Area located on Kettle Moraine Scenic Drive/Division Road

Pewaukee Lake -August 25-Launch Site-Pewaukee Lake Public Launch on the West end off of County Road E/Maple Avenue

Classic-Okauchee Lake-Launch Site-Public Launch on Rd T off of East Wisconsin Avenue(Need to know if everyone prefers next season or same season to fish!)

NOTE ALL TOURNAMENT ANGLERS ARE ADVISED TO BE AT THE LAUNCH SITE AND HAVE BOATS LAUNCHED ASAP DUE TO HEAVY TRAFFIC ON ALL THE LAKES LISTED! IT WOULD BE NICE TO HAVE ALL TEAMS LAUNCHED BY 6AM!

1) Entry Fees for each club tournament is $90.00. A big bass entry fee (Optional) will be $10 winner take all.

2) 2 people max per boat.

3) Each contestant is expected to observe the common sense rules of courtesy, safety, sportsmanship, and conservation. No boat will be allowed within 100 feet of another boat that is anchored with the trolling motor in the up position. Fifty feet if not anchored unless given permission. Boats who have a buoy in the water will get casting distance (Approx 75ft) in a circle around the buoy that is un fishable by other boats. The exception to that rule is if the boater who threw the buoy in the water is not fishing within the buoy zone.

4) Each boat shall have all required Coast Guard approved safety equipment. Each competitor is required to wear a Coast Guard approved chest type life preserver any time the combustion engine is operating. The preserver must be strapped, snapped, zippered, or buckled securely and maintained in that condition until the combustion engine is turned off. Violation of this rule will result in immediate disqualificati on. Boat problems are the responsibility of the boat owner. Before we launch, if a boat has problems, they can withdraw from the tournament. The entry fee will be refunded. No refunds after launch.

5) Bass must be caught alive, and in the traditional sporting manner. Dead Bass cannot be culled.

6) No more than 7 bass in live wells at one time.

7) All fish will be released after weigh-in.

8) Dead fish penalty will be 1\4 of the weight of the dead fish. For example: if you catch a 4lb fish and it dies you will lose 1/4 of its weight which would be 1lb.

9) Only Artificial baits are Allowed. No Live Bait and no trolling of lures is permitted.

10) All boats are required to have operating live wells. Either re-circulating or flow through.

11) Practice time off limits the day before tournament day. If a team is caught fishing the day before tournament day, they will not me allowed to fish that tournament!

12) Ease off location will be announced before each tournament and Weigh in Location for each tournament will be announced on tournament day before ease off.

13) Only Largemouth and Smallmouth Bass, (14 inches minimum length,) are eligible to be weighed in.

14) Ties for position after weigh in will be broken by:

a. Total bass in catch
b. Weight of big bass in catch
c. Flip of the coin

16) The tournament regulation starts after two or more boats have launched. Anyone arriving late to the ease-off will launch immediately and contact the tournament director for check-in before fishing. Late teams will come into weigh-in at the same time as all other boats. Contestants who are not within 50' feet of the launch pier/weigh in by 3PM sharp is disqualified! This is a strict rule, play it safe! Don't be late!

17) If weather(Heavy Winds and lightning) doesn’t permit us to fish that day the tournament will be cancelled. There will be no cancellations after launching on tournament days. If the weather is bad, weigh in will occur after tournament hours or when the weather permits.

18) Only 7 fish max will be weighed in. Once you drop your bag into the basket that is it. If you drop in 6 fish and have one more in the livewell you will not be allowed to retrieve that fish to weigh. If you drop in 8 fish into the basket you will lose your biggest fish in the basket.

19) Any person over 18 years of age or older may participate. 17 and under must be with an adult.

20) Participation/Liability Waiver: All anglers boaters and non boaters alike that compete in Milwaukee Hmong Bassers tournaments waive their rights to any liability from Milwaukee Hmong Bassers during competition.

21) Teams that win AOY and 1st Place in the Classic will receive Trophy!

Angler of the Year Point System

1st = 100
2nd = 99
3rd = 98
4th = 97
And so on

9% of each tourney winnings will be placed into a AOY pot and trophy fees. The Boat that finishes with the most points at the end of our last Tourney will receive that money plus Trophy.

« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 08:55:17 AM by addisonlee »

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

blablablablabla

Re: Milwaukee Hmong Bassers "NEW" Bass Fishing!
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 06:40:06 AM »
 O0

addisonlee

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 08:55:38 AM »
Topic Stickied  O0

basside

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2012, 09:13:37 AM »
Nice job!

Sorry for the hi-jack but I was always wondering why do we cull more than 5 bass. Such as Twin Cities Bass Club, Twin Cities Bass League, Hmong Bass Club and other canoe, small boat clubs. We have been using the method of an 8 fish tournament too long and that results in a lot of dead fish. It also puts a lot of pressure on the fish. Why not just 5? I know it might be easier but weight will determine winner.

Question re: # 6 No more than 7 bass in live wells at one time. Who checks this? Every year, every tournament, boats just come in, take out their fish to weigh. I've seen several boats come in with insurance but haven't said anything b/c they haven't won. I have never seen organizers go up to a boat to check live wells at the end of each tournament.  

« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 09:16:06 AM by basside »

clumzy31

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2012, 12:42:07 PM »
Nice job!

Sorry for the hi-jack but I was always wondering why do we cull more than 5 bass. Such as Twin Cities Bass Club, Twin Cities Bass League, Hmong Bass Club and other canoe, small boat clubs. We have been using the method of an 8 fish tournament too long and that results in a lot of dead fish. It also puts a lot of pressure on the fish. Why not just 5? I know it might be easier but weight will determine winner.

Question re: # 6 No more than 7 bass in live wells at one time. Who checks this? Every year, every tournament, boats just come in, take out their fish to weigh. I've seen several boats come in with insurance but haven't said anything b/c they haven't won. I have never seen organizers go up to a boat to check live wells at the end of each tournament.  

The 7 fish limit is to just make the weighin look like us Rookies being pros!  I chose 7 to be different as most small clubs including meeka use 6-8!  The rule #6 is there for many reasons!  1 reason is to assure to the public that we as a bass fishing club are not keeping more than we are limited too!  Also most anglers should play the honest game in this rule!  If anglers don't its already a clue that those who don't follow rules and regulations are the ones who normally fall in the cheating/citation class! 

Thanks addison for putting this on top of the website!

clumzy31

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2012, 12:43:44 PM »
I will do my best at inforcing all rules and regulations listed! 

basside

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2012, 12:54:33 PM »
Of course the more numbers are for obvious reasons. Good luck!  O0

That didn't answer the question. j/w b/c i have nothing better to do.  ;D Is there a person that goes to each boat and check their live wells at the END, 3PM before weigh in? I see it on every tournament rule but never seen anyone enforcing it......just saying

Basstard

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2012, 03:16:51 PM »
Tournaments should be 5 fish per team/person.

More fish bigger weights doesnt mean you're going to look like a pro. It all still depends on who can catch them, not quantity but quality. One can catch 100 three pounders a day, give me 5 bites five pounders...for tournaments.

Tournaments, you're not rewarded by the quanitity.

Sadly Hmongs will always be Hmongs. Hmongs help DFG/DNR stay up to par by paying tickets/citations.

Just saying though....good job. Best of luck.

basside

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2012, 03:23:50 PM »
Tournaments should be 5 fish per team/person.

More fish bigger weights doesnt mean you're going to look like a pro. It all still depends on who can catch them, not quantity but quality. One can catch 100 three pounders a day, give me 5 bites five pounders...for tournaments.

Tournaments, you're not rewarded by the quanitity.

Sadly Hmongs will always be Hmongs. Hmongs help DFG/DNR stay up to par by paying tickets/citations.

Just saying though....good job. Best of luck.

5 fish per team/person, 2 person = 10 fish, 3 man team = 15 fish? That's a lot of fish?? That's worse!

addisonlee

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2012, 03:29:45 PM »
One fish per angler

/end thread  ;D >:D   O0

On a serious note, I like catching fish, the more the merrier.  O0

Basstard

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2012, 03:33:43 PM »
No.

Team or person, 5 fish only in the livewell as a limit.

basside

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2012, 03:43:57 PM »
No.

Team or person, 5 fish only in the livewell as a limit.

5 fish per boat/team?

basside

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2012, 03:49:17 PM »
j/w re: #7 what if they don't release their fish? Say they catch a 7lber and want to take it home and mount it? Its perfectly legal or does signing a waiver you provide, means you are not permitted to take bass home and it must be released? Or do you get disqualified from fishing the next tournament for not releasing it? consequences? j/w

« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 03:56:58 PM by basside »

Basstard

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2012, 04:10:55 PM »
Yes 5 fish per 2 man team only.
5 fish per person only if hes the only angler on the boat.
5 fish per 3 man team only.

I think some lakes/States are different about taking fish home after a tournament. For us, you are allowed to take dead fish home. But for us we have to report all dead fish. Which if you have too many dead fish after a tournament, they can pull your permits so it is strictly inforced. We require needles to pop air bladders if fish are caught deep.

For some States, permits are not required to host a tournament so it doesnt matter to some if fish are dead or taken home.

I guess it all depends on the host and what the lake/State requirements are.

But it should always be 5 in the well for a limit, team or solo.

addisonlee

« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2012, 08:54:22 AM »
clumzy - Kudos for putting the club together. It's your club, your rules. You make the finl decision bro. I'll be coming out to support you guys either way. Afterall, it's all about getting a bunch of Hmong brothers together who love bass fishing.

On a side note, I fish tournaments with biggest two fish in 2.5hrs and they're just as fun.  O0

Advertisements