Advertisement

Author Topic: Northern California Hmong Bass Club  (Read 9218 times)

XFaxtor

Northern California Hmong Bass Club
« on: March 11, 2012, 07:09:52 PM »
Hello Everyone,

Just quickly wanted to pass the word out that we have a newly established Hmong Bass Club based in Northern California, Sacramento to be exact. Although we are open to all race and ethnicity group, all current members are Hmong. We are accepting new members at the moment so let us know if you're interested. You can check us out at www.strikezone bass.com.

We would really appreciate any support we can get from our Hmong community.

Thanks!  

« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 10:11:09 AM by addisonlee »

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
Re: Northern California Hmong Bass Club
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2012, 08:08:23 PM »
So, are these clubs open to out-of-state anglers, too?

I'm asking because I don't know. Just curious.

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

XFaxtor

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2012, 08:32:14 PM »
Honestly, we haven't thought about that. However, I don't see why not as long as you meet all the requirements.

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2012, 01:02:28 AM »
I understand. Not too many clubs like this think about that question. And that's fine.

I'm glad to see you guys hold "catch and release" tournaments. People on here know I usually don't release my legal catches. But I still appreciate "catch and release" practices.

"...

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2012, 01:05:07 AM »
Surprising, this is the first time I've looked at the Cal map more accurately to realize that Sac is north of SF. I had always thought SF was way, way up north of Sac.  :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

"...

Roc

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2012, 03:26:46 AM »
Surprising, this is the first time I've looked at the Cal map more accurately to realize that Sac is north of SF. I had always thought SF was way, way up north of Sac.  :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

Lol Reporter, you probably thought Sac was where Fresno is, right smack in the middle of the state.

addisonlee

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2012, 10:10:53 AM »
Kudos to you and your club. Keep up the great work guys.

I stickied this thread, so you guys can keep us posted with your club events. Thanks.

O0

*Side note* I can't believe the cost of launch fees there $18?!?!  :o

« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 11:28:56 AM by addisonlee »

XFaxtor

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2012, 10:31:08 AM »
Thank you Addison! I really appreciate it! O0

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2012, 10:42:21 AM »
Lol Reporter, you probably thought Sac was where Fresno is, right smack in the middle of the state.

Yeah. I thought Sac was just below Fresno. And I thought XFactor got it wrong when he said "Northern California" and said it was in Sac to be exact. lol

"...

yajkuza

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2012, 05:48:11 PM »
Awesome.  Did this club just start this year?  My buddy and I were always talking about what if there was a norcal hmong bass club.  We always got into talking about a norcal vs socal hmong bass club if it ever happened, where the champ of the state tournament can go fish against those in the northern states during the 4th of July tournament.  Man, that would be BIG.

Anyways, props to you guys.  I'll pass the word around too.  I know there are some hmong brothers who tournament fish.  Just the other week, two Yang brother I know won a pretty big tournament out here in the Delta.  Got a 32 pound bag limit and a 12 pound kicker to win.  The big fish pot went to someone else who nailed a 14 pounder.

By the way, paradise point...that ramp sucks to get in and out off.  Too narrow and on low tide...hope you guys don't ruin your boat.  Should go to the one at the end of march lane in stockton.  They got a better ramp that's not hard to get in and out of, plus they got good security there.

1luv

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2012, 05:54:29 PM »
1.  You guys should form an alliance and enter them white folks's tourney.  At least by doing this, you guys can bring them trophies back home to your own hmong clubs. 

2.  Keep up the good work and don't just limited it to bass only.  Last year's striper tourney in the delta at Rio Vista was won by a Viet guy.  I think he won it on a 13lber striper for the day.  On that very same day and that very same area, I caught my 22lber striper.  Too bad, so sad, I didn't enter. 

3.  Run this club by them asian clubs at them local colleges for the win. 

XFaxtor

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2012, 10:11:58 PM »
Awesome.  Did this club just start this year?  My buddy and I were always talking about what if there was a norcal hmong bass club.  We always got into talking about a norcal vs socal hmong bass club if it ever happened, where the champ of the state tournament can go fish against those in the northern states during the 4th of July tournament.  Man, that would be BIG.

This club was actually formed in the summer of 2011 and took us several months to acquire insurance along with all the proper permits, so we didn't kick off our first tournament until January of this year. Our intentions were to have a place for our fellow Hmong bass fishermen to come together where we can share each other's ideas, strategies and techniques to build the skills necessary to go compete in those larger white folk's tournament circuits. Funny you mentioned Norcal vs Socal Hmong bass clubs. We actually have close ties with the other Hmong bass club in Fresno, CA and we have talked about possibly hosting a big ass tournament for all the CA Hmong bass anglers. It would definately be fun no doubt about it. Our idea is not neccessarily limited to just Norcal vs. Socal, but open up to all the Hmong bass anglers to compete against one another similar to the J4 tourny in the midwest.

XFaxtor

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2012, 10:17:07 PM »
I know there are plenty of Hmong bass anglers in the CA central valley who haven't heard about us yet so please pass the word around.  O0

Offline azn-guy

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +72
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2012, 10:24:15 PM »
my cousin is in a hmong bass tournament too but in fresno i forgot what there site is called. My cousin told me that at there last tournament they were clowning some black people because they show up in a aluminum boat while they all had bass boats but the funny thing is that they took first place lol

« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 10:45:49 PM by azn-guy »

XFaxtor

« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2012, 10:31:42 PM »
yajkuza, that ramp you mentioned at the end of March Ln in Stockton is Buckley Cove. We initially wanted to use that ramp for our Delta tourny's. Like you said that ramp is big, up to 6 lanes I believe, with plenty of parking and security; however, we learned that in order to use that ramp to host tournaments, we needed to get a permit issued by the City of Stockton. And not only that, but we have to pay a separate fee to use the park next to it to do our weign in. We figured it's too much trouble to go through just to get all the required docs, and on top of that the fees are pretty hafty as well...it's just not worth it for now since we're still a young club and don't have that many boats yet.    

Advertisements