Advertisement

Author Topic: Are you a Geek, Tell me about it?  (Read 4892 times)

r3b1rth

Are you a Geek, Tell me about it?
« on: March 26, 2012, 03:32:01 PM »
Hi everyone,

I'm thinking about starting a forum for the geek in all of us!  Who likes Computers?!  Technology?!  Programming?!  Graphics? Okay okay, I think you get the point.

If I have enough Hmong people interested in this kind of forum, I would like to create one.  I have a private forum I created for a few select individuals, but I feel like, our forum is too information rich and not benefitting MORE people.  That's why I decided I should start ONE big forum for all the Hmong people who are interested in technology but don't know where to start?  AND for the ones that do know and want to exchange ideas with each other.

Tell me what you think below!!  Thanks for reading :-).

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

r3b1rth

Re: Are you a Geek, Tell me about it?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2012, 03:49:42 PM »
I think that's neat! Is it open for me to join?

Thanks for your reply.  It's still an idea.  The other forum has too much private info into stuff we don't want to talk about here... LOL!!

However if I get enough interested people... let's say for starters, at least 50 ppl.  Then yes, I'm going to put it together and if you have tech skills/graphics skills and don't mind working behind the scene as a mod, PM me.  ;-)

r3b1rth

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2012, 04:45:05 PM »
If business means making people fall for me, then sure.  ;-)

obscurity

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2012, 09:47:35 PM »
not sure if they're be enough people if you're just looking for hmong people

r3b1rth

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2012, 12:10:54 AM »
Hi, I'm interested. I can do the graphical as well.

Cool, I'll put you on the team.  Just send me a pm your info and we can chat later.

r3b1rth

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2012, 12:36:57 AM »
not sure if they're be enough people if you're just looking for hmong people

True, at the same time, I don't expect any less.

I trust Hmong people can benefit from these kinds of websites.  Mainly, if you use it, you'll benefit from it.  If you don't use it, you don't lose anything and you don't gain anything.  It's as simple as that.  You'll be on it right?  ;D

r3b1rth

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2012, 12:40:18 AM »
If the members are genuinely helpful, it would be a great idea but most of the time, people are not. It seems the people on here (in the Computer & Technology forums) are pretty helpful though.

They are helpful and in that sense, I am hopeful things will work out.  Especially if you tell your friends and they tell their friends.  We all win ^o^!

« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 09:14:24 AM by r3b1rth »

obscurity

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2012, 06:35:35 PM »
True, at the same time, I don't expect any less.

I trust Hmong people can benefit from these kinds of websites.  Mainly, if you use it, you'll benefit from it.  If you don't use it, you don't lose anything and you don't gain anything.  It's as simple as that.  You'll be on it right?  ;D

of course its nice to have a tech forum etc and so on just for this stuff mobile, computers etc even home system etc and so on.

r3b1rth

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2012, 09:13:57 AM »
let's shoot for the stars.

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: +419
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2012, 11:04:32 AM »
Hi everyone,

I'm thinking about starting a forum for the geek in all of us!  Who likes Computers?!  Technology?!  Programming?!  Graphics? Okay okay, I think you get the point.

If I have enough Hmong people interested in this kind of forum, I would like to create one.  I have a private forum I created for a few select individuals, but I feel like, our forum is too information rich and not benefitting MORE people.  That's why I decided I should start ONE big forum for all the Hmong people who are interested in technology but don't know where to start?  AND for the ones that do know and want to exchange ideas with each other.

Tell me what you think below!!  Thanks for reading :-).
Sounds like you're not getting much traffic in your forum so you're trying to broaden it to attract more users?

celi

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2012, 12:06:00 PM »
if you're gonna do it, then do it.
you can't attract visitors if you haven't done it or if you don't share it.... talking about it won't get you far.

create it,
share it.
then ask for help (mods' if needed).

Advertisements