Advertisement

Author Topic: An ODE to all mothers, past, present, and future...  (Read 18674 times)

LadyLionness

An ODE to all mothers, past, present, and future...
« on: May 01, 2012, 02:55:08 PM »
Please keep it nice... and positive.
Share stories, words of wisdoms, love, nurturing that you have seen mothers do or say...

Like this post: +1

Adverstisement

Peachy Fish

Re: An ODE to all mothers, past, present, and future...
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 03:01:37 PM »
My mom was never the affectionate type...this yr, I hugged my mom for the 1st time ever in my life. It felt wonderful to do so. I didn't realized how much I missed something I never had. Love you nam.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 03:04:50 PM by Peachy Fish »

Like this post: 0

LadyLionness

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012, 03:03:35 PM »
That is wonderful, Peachy Fish. 

I call it human touch... and it's magical.

Peachy Fish

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2012, 03:05:31 PM »
It really is LL. One hug or one simple smile can brighten up a love one's life so quickly.

OldVeggies

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2012, 03:09:39 PM »
my mom talks really loud and yells a lot... even in the presence of aunts and uncles and cousins... if she tells me to do something and i do it in a matter that does not please her, she will say really loudly "KOJ UA TSIS YOG LAWM NA. UA CAS ES TSIS PAUB SIV HLWB LI OS."... even in the presence of aunts and uncles and cousins.... but i still love her... and she's doing it right because i'm not in jail or picking up cans to recycle for liquor money.

LadyLionness

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2012, 03:29:09 PM »
Let's keep this thread alive until after mother's day....

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +203
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2012, 03:46:08 PM »
My mom was never the affectionate type...this yr, I hugged my mom for the 1st time ever in my life. It felt wonderful to do so. I didn't realized how much I missed something I never had. Love you nam.

Don't forget to call her on Mother's Day.  My mom is one person to always make those special phone calls in the morning of those day of my b-day, my kids b-day, or any holiday. 

I missed my little ones and was planning to pick them up this weekend but decide next weekend will be better so that my mom can come stay with us for 2 weeks and then the kids will be out of school and they can spend their summer with my family.  My mom can never be away from home for more than a week at all because she said she need to be there to cooked foods and prepared lunch for my dad to work.  I'm crossing my fingers that my dad will decide to retired this summer so they can go back and forth between my place and theirs.

LadyLionness

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2012, 04:00:43 PM »
When people talk about the people that they admired most, their idols, their role models, the people they look up to and most of all the people who had shaped their lives... the first person that always come to my mind is my mom.  She is the single most influential person in my life... she is the person who made me who I am today.  She trusted me and gave me strength and courage to make decisions and support me in carrying out those decisions. 

Even though she volunteered to take people to hospitals, clinics, welfare, gardens... never once did she complain that she can't take me here or there.  She always made sure that I made it to all my engagements... and she always made sure that I had everything I needed to be successful.  She taught me to never stop striving and to never settle for less.  Most of all, to always do my best - to do my part and not to worry about whether other people will do theirs or not.  She taught me to give 100% everytime and in everything.

From a very early age, she taught me how to be a Hmong girl, in heart, mind, and soul.  Then she followed through with it by allowing us to get involved in all sorts of cultural shows and events... any chance to go and talk about Hmong, show who and what Hmong is... she was there and made sure that we were active participants.  She succeeded in not only teaching me how to take advantage of all the American culture have to offer by always supporting and encouraging education... but also in teaching me the value of what it means to be Hmong.

I will never be able to thank her enough and there is no words adequate to express how much I love her.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 09:14:52 AM by LadyLionness »

LadyLionness

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2012, 08:52:13 AM »
Planning to go up and take her shopping for a few things... she likes origins and clinique lotion so will be picking up a few of those for her.

WindComeWindBlow

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2012, 09:06:12 AM »
You guys made me teary eyed.  Didn't even get past HPA's story.   :'(

LadyLionness

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2012, 09:11:41 AM »
You guys made me teary eyed.  Didn't even get past HPA's story.   :'(

Wind, it's for all future moms too... so share how you hope to impact your children some day.

WindComeWindBlow

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2012, 09:13:57 AM »
She will receive 2-3 dozen roses, a phone call to say hi, and a big hug when I see her again.  Moms are the greatest.   :)

I think I will do that for my stepmom too.  She has been pretty awesome. 

WindComeWindBlow

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2012, 09:14:59 AM »

Wind, it's for all future moms too... so share how you hope to impact your children some day.

Oh I don't know yet but I hope to be someone with your qualities.   ;)

LadyLionness

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2012, 09:16:02 AM »
Oh I don't know yet but I hope to be someone with your qualities.   ;)

Wind, that means a lot to me.  I hope we stay in touch through out our lives as I know you will be a great mom.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 09:18:05 AM by LadyLionness »

Like this post: +1

WindComeWindBlow

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2012, 09:18:23 AM »

Wind, that means a lot to me.  I hope we stay in touch through out our lives as I know you will be a great mom.

I hope so too.   :) :D

Advertisements