Advertisement

Author Topic: An ODE to all mothers, past, present, and future...  (Read 18692 times)

LadyLionness

Re: An ODE to all mothers, past, present, and future...
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2012, 09:24:26 AM »
I hope so too.   :) :D

You had a strong foundation... you will be just fine.

Like this post: +1

Adverstisement

LadyLionness

« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2012, 09:30:33 AM »
An ode to a future mother... Wind... aka Cua...

To a mom who will speak softly and gently to her kids, but whose heart and mind is rooted very strongly in what is right and what is wrong ... with a strong will and the courage to do the right thing... so her kids will know exactly who mom is and what is expected of them... most of all, they will know that they are loved... for their mom is a woman of integrity and actions.  She lives what she believes in... and her beliefs are rooted in two very strong foundation, that of her parents (and her grandparents)... and God.

Blessed will be the child who calls her "Mom."

Like this post: +1

WindComeWindBlow

« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2012, 09:45:01 AM »
An ode to a future mother... Wind... aka Cua...

To a mom who will speak softly and gently to her kids, but whose heart and mind is rooted very strongly in what is right and what is wrong ... with a strong will and the courage to do the right thing... so her kids will know exactly who mom is and what is expected of them... most of all, they will know that they are loved... for their mom is a woman of integrity and actions.  She lives what she believes in... and her beliefs are rooted in two very strong foundation, that of her parents (and her grandparents)... and God.

Blessed will be the child who calls her "Mom."

This means so much.  Thank you.

Like this post: 0

go-go

« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2012, 11:34:27 AM »
This is one of my favorite poem.  I don't know who the author is, but it conveys everything about being a mom in such a short, simple way.

Mothers are the keepers of the dream
They tend the flame that sends its rays afar;
Seeing still the things that should be through the things that are.

This is how my mom is, and this is how I hope to be for my daughters too.

Peachy Fish

« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2012, 11:45:30 AM »
Thanks for sharing your memories of your mothers and children. It makes me homesick. Mothers really are wonderful...fa thers, too. lol

Don't forget to call her on Mother's Day.  My mom is one person to always make those special phone calls in the morning of those day of my b-day, my kids b-day, or any holiday. 

I missed my little ones and was planning to pick them up this weekend but decide next weekend will be better so that my mom can come stay with us for 2 weeks and then the kids will be out of school and they can spend their summer with my family.  My mom can never be away from home for more than a week at all because she said she need to be there to cooked foods and prepared lunch for my dad to work.  I'm crossing my fingers that my dad will decide to retired this summer so they can go back and forth between my place and theirs.

Thanks Summer. I'll remember.

WindComeWindBlow

« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2012, 11:59:09 AM »
My mother always said to me to wait on marriage and to put my education first.  I was a sensitive child so whenever she was sad, I was too.  Didn't know why.  The few things I could remember from my childhood was that my mom had a lot of sad days bc of her marriage.  That scared me about marriage too.  I'm glad that I waited and I thank my mother for instilling the first few rules of being successful. 

LadyLionness

« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2012, 09:17:06 AM »
As a mom, I hope to instill in my kids a sense of love.  I hope to demonstrate that there is nothing they can do it this world that would make me stop loving them.  As they grow up and live that lives... I hope that wherever I am... will always be "home" to them. 

I hope that the words I say and the enthusiasm I have for my kids will communicate to them that I am their greatest fan, no matter what they choose to do and where to go.  I hope they know that mom is 1000% behind them.

I hope to impart to them the greatest force in my life... a personal relationship in God where I trust and know that he will always come through for me, no matter what is going on and no matter how unworthy I am... he holds me up not because I have earned it or deserved it, but simply because he loves me.

Kaxiong

« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2012, 10:05:43 AM »
I never knew my mom.  So I’ve always longed for that loving connection one has with their mother.  So now as a mother myself, my daughter is the most important person in my life.  I work hard so that I can give her the life she deserves, so I can give her the world she desires.  But even while working, I always go visit her during lunch, just so I can feed her and remind her I’m not far away.  I try to be the mother I’d always wish I had.  Someone who will pick her up when she’s fallen.  Someone who will comfort love and direct her towards right from wrong.  I hope that she realizes she can come to me with any issue or trouble and that I will always love her no matter what.  I want her to know she is love and to feel it.  I can’t imagine a life without my daughter.  She makes me want to be my best mom for her. 

LadyLionness

« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2012, 01:11:45 PM »
I never knew my mom.  So I’ve always longed for that loving connection one has with their mother.  So now as a mother myself, my daughter is the most important person in my life.  I work hard so that I can give her the life she deserves, so I can give her the world she desires.  But even while working, I always go visit her during lunch, just so I can feed her and remind her I’m not far away.  I try to be the mother I’d always wish I had.  Someone who will pick her up when she’s fallen.  Someone who will comfort love and direct her towards right from wrong.  I hope that she realizes she can come to me with any issue or trouble and that I will always love her no matter what.  I want her to know she is love and to feel it.  I can’t imagine a life without my daughter.  She makes me want to be my best mom for her. 

Ka,
My kids told me that what helps them to come to me in times of trouble is knowing that I will not panic...

LadyLionness

« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2012, 09:47:27 AM »
Heard my mother in law was pretty awesome, sadly, she passed away before I married my husband.  She pretty much single-handedly raised all of them by herself... and she babysat for hubby and his first wife while they were working and attending school. 

After she died, they didn't have anyone praying for them anymore... so all their marriages fell apart... quite sad.  The differences a mother makes.

WindComeWindBlow

« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2012, 09:50:07 AM »
Heard my mother in law was pretty awesome, sadly, she passed away before I married my husband.  She pretty much single-handedly raised all of them by herself... and she babysat for hubby and his first wife while they were working and attending school. 

After she died, they didn't have anyone praying for them anymore... so all their marriages fell apart... quite sad.  The differences a mother makes.

I want to be the kind of MIL that people still talk about when I passed like your MIL.   :D ;)

LadyLionness

« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2012, 09:50:44 AM »
To my almost mother in law... too bad I would have to be married to her son for her to be my mom...

This is one of the kindest, most loveliest lady you will ever met.  She is full of smiles, quite, gentle in her teaching... when I think of her, she glows in my mind... I miss her so much.  Every once in a long while... I still cal her b/c I miss her so much.  My kids miss her too... grandma and and her shrimp PHO... and her asparagus... and oh yeah... the peach tree in her back yard.

If only we could marry mother-in-laws without having to marry the sons first... :'(

LadyLionness

« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2012, 09:52:51 AM »
I want to be the kind of MIL that people still talk about when I passed like your MIL.   :D ;)

Yeah, me too... but I am so bossy... I am afraid that I would make an awful mother in law... the kind that legends are made of... lolz!

WindComeWindBlow

« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2012, 10:03:30 AM »

Yeah, me too... but I am so bossy... I am afraid that I would make an awful mother in law... the kind that legends are made of... lolz!

I'm sure you have your own way with people.  I will always talk about you if you leave PH.  :D

LadyLionness

« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2012, 10:04:44 AM »
I'm sure you have your own way with people.  I will always talk about you if you leave PH.  :D

So, I have to leave PH before I become a legend? hmm.... how about if I just abandon this nick and create a new one?  will that work?  lolz!

Advertisements