Advertisement

Author Topic: the costs of hmong funerals  (Read 30698 times)

buster_me

Re: the costs of hmong funerals
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2012, 03:48:25 AM »
 :)

« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 05:35:27 AM by buster_me »

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

1luv

« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2012, 04:29:30 AM »
My dad funeral this past weekend, we pulled 40k outta pocket. Rumors were that its 56k. I was busy mourning my dad passing so i didnt ask plus we already got problems already asking them about money spending and all of them already took off when we complain about massive spending and not spending accordingly to our budget. Better have life insurance ready because as supplies goes up in price in the future it will cost 100k.

Im still pissed off because whoever in charge did a bad job budgeting and they went on a wild shopping spree with 20g in their pocket. They went and over buy everything. Also they bought small packs of stuff that are expensive instead of just buying in bulk for cheaper. Our house is litter with tons of unopen supplies. Im glad my mon kept 20g on her because with that we were able to pay off the rental of funeral home and services, plot, my dad clothings and cloths, 2cows plus butchering fees. If we had given the whole 40k im sure they would of spend it all on foods and supplies.

I went to one this past weekend.  Does he live near the port?

Looks expensive plus food coming every few hours or so.   All the families n cousins came for support. 

buster_me

« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2012, 05:36:58 AM »
Its in gb

supadupac

« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2012, 07:57:21 AM »
man it's so expensive -_- :(

Bob_J.D.

« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2012, 12:18:50 PM »
You're supposed to give the money to the two people holding the money.  Then when the runners needed something you only pulled a few bills.  Wow, $20k to buy stuff is a lot of money.

bob

shesaid

« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2012, 09:55:06 PM »

That's why you always give money to someone that can be trusted and know what to buy and what not to buy. Keep all the receipts so you can balance at the end of the funeral. My dad did not want a luxury funeral. He only wanted a simple one with simple foods. Because after all, it's not a party but a funeral. And he didn't want us to spend all of our $$$ on funeral. Total food cost and decoration of the place only cost us $5K.

For my Gramms' funeral, my parents gave the money to a cousin n his wife to hold. They were the go to people if anyone needed money for whatever reason. There were some people that wanted to buy new pots and pans to cook at the funeral. My cousin's wife called to get the ok from my mom first. My mom said to just tell them that all big purchases needed to be ok'd by her first. If they feel there is a valid reason for new pots and pans then to call n talk to her directly. Of course they never called. After  the funeral my ccousin n his wife came over with receipts, excel spreadsheets of how the money was spent and where it went, and the left over money to the T. My cousin's wife said she was so nervous they wouldn't be able to account for all the money.

« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 09:57:26 PM by shesaid »

shesaid

« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2012, 10:05:49 PM »
My friend was telling me a story about when her aunt's funeral.  They ended up killing 2 cows for her. During the funeral they ran out of meat. They could figure out why or how bc there weren't that many guests. Come to find out, one of their distant uncles who helped transport one of the butchered cow back to the funeral had made a pit stop at his house! Yep that second cow never made it to the funeral home, but instead in that uncle's freezer at home! What's messed up is his daughter is BFFs w/ the deceased aunt's daughter.

supadupac

« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2012, 07:26:28 AM »
Well, i've heard of stories where people actually steal from funeral home. When we were doing my father's funeral, some pots/pan were stolen.  ;D :idiot2: Then when my sister did her mother-n-law funeral, foods/meat/beverage were stolen as well.. load of cases. WTF!!!

damn that's so effed up! have some dignity and compassion please people!

supadupac

« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2012, 07:43:26 AM »

how about people that don't even know the deceased family but go there only to eat?  :2funny:

lol that too, i mean i guess they dont mind that, it's not like they really run out of food?? do they? ive never really been to one where the do

supadupac

« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2012, 08:22:20 AM »
lol.. well ive never done that lol

yuknowthat

« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2012, 09:29:41 AM »
My dad funeral this past weekend, we pulled 40k outta pocket. Rumors were that its 56k. I was busy mourning my dad passing so i didnt ask plus we already got problems already asking them about money spending and all of them already took off when we complain about massive spending and not spending accordingly to our budget. Better have life insurance ready because as supplies goes up in price in the future it will cost 100k.

Im still pissed off because whoever in charge did a bad job budgeting and they went on a wild shopping spree with 20g in their pocket. They went and over buy everything. Also they bought small packs of stuff that are expensive instead of just buying in bulk for cheaper. Our house is litter with tons of unopen supplies. Im glad my mon kept 20g on her because with that we were able to pay off the rental of funeral home and services, plot, my dad clothings and cloths, 2cows plus butchering fees. If we had given the whole 40k im sure they would of spend it all on foods and supplies.
that is crazy! :o ...your family could of take care of these supplies before hand anyways.  Then give at least 1 grand to the errand boys to pick up loose ends that you forgot to. NOT 20G! ..no matter how close you are with your relatives and friends. When the money is in your hand, you call the shots!....and tell them to bring all the receipts. no one can't go pass you.

yuknowthat

« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2012, 09:31:25 AM »
Well, i've heard of stories where people actually steal from funeral home. When we were doing my father's funeral, some pots/pan were stolen.  ;D :idiot2: Then when my sister did her mother-n-law funeral, foods/meat/beverage were stolen as well.. load of cases. WTF!!!
yeah heard it seen it and carefully snitch them out.. :-X

supadupac

« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2012, 09:36:01 AM »
yeah heard it seen it and carefully snitch them out.. :-X

eah i would carefully snitch them too

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +454
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2012, 06:23:58 AM »
I know that Hmong people just think they're being helpful but sometimes they make things more chaotic, especially when it comes to being wasteful. The people in charge are not very good at it, I can tell you that much. I think those who are not directly playing a role should stay out of the kitchen - LITERALLY - because I see so many things go to waste. I mean really, do we need all four boxes of trash bags opened? You know, things like that. There needs to be better organization and a lot more would get done if people stood out of the way. I don't think Hmong people really understand what it means to "volunteer" or "assist" because usually they're just in the way. They're really there just to be social.

buster_me

« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2012, 09:42:03 AM »
Some people are there to take advantage of the situation, i can say that without of a doubt. I dont think its fair to say whoever is in charge doesnt know how to control what is being use. When people are helping and lets say they have to use only that one box of trash bags wouldnt they feel so restrict and think that why are you so stingy. They wouldnt want to help and just leave. Very controversial stuff here because one funeral will have some issues and hmong rumors spread like wild fires

Advertisements