Advertisement

Author Topic: the costs of hmong funerals  (Read 30696 times)

yuknowthat

Re: the costs of hmong funerals
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2012, 01:40:32 PM »
talking about hmoob tub sab tub nyiag,cuag tsis tau noj los dua los , pluag pluag cuag li os.. :2funny: :2funny:

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +454
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2012, 04:08:55 AM »
That's why you should designate one person in charge of supplies. The people who are using it is not going to think "Oh, I shouldn't waste this or that".. more like "Who cares.. it's not my money buying it". After we did my father's funeral. Pots and pans of people that we borrowed from were stolen or missing. We couldn't count for like 3 big hmong pots. LOL We looked everywhere but it's gone. The back access to the hmong funeral home at Legacy is so convenience. All you have to do is park your truck/car in the back and just enter from there. The stock room is right by the door too. :2funny:

Exactly! It's not about being stingy but being conservative and not wasteful. It's one thing if they really need the item but sometimes they don't. Or the item can be shared but they prefer to use a new one. Lawv yeej tsis txuag is what I'm trying to say because like you said, it isn't their money. This is why people literally take one sip out of their bottled water or soda then grab another new one. That is just rude and disrespectful. They shouldn't complain about the hosts for feeling taken advantage of when they are being that wasteful.

buster_me

« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2012, 04:37:06 AM »
There will be people that will do what they feel like whether that designated person take charge or not. Thats just the nature of hmong people. Its not call supporting instead its only "my way or the highway" or "i know best" mentality. What i hate the most is people opening their bottle of water or pop their can of drink and only took a sip and orphan it for a new bottle. We bought the small bottle of water but even those are orphans too. Even the foco and yeo drinks are orphans too which pisses me off because they are expensive.

Berthold

« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2012, 06:47:16 AM »
My grandfather's funeral, we had a good control of supplies, but damn the amount of cows total that were slaughter were so wasteful...... cost more then everything else combine.....

yuknowthat

« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2012, 11:09:08 AM »

Tough times.. called for tough actions. :2funny:
lol almost 20 years in america is tough i should say...

buster_me

« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2012, 02:40:14 AM »
I agree on cows. I rather donate money than the cow if alot of cows are line up to be butcher already unless you absolutely have to give it to the deceased person

celi

« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2014, 12:29:39 PM »
cost for hmong funeral is getting out of hand....the dead don't care but to make the living happy...hmong live an opposite life....should spend a lot while still living and little when dead...

Advertisements