Advertisement

Author Topic: the costs of hmong funerals  (Read 30697 times)

Xyooj96

the costs of hmong funerals
« on: May 03, 2012, 02:57:16 AM »

what are they that you know?  ::)

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

yuknowthat

Re: the costs of hmong funerals
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2012, 01:32:55 PM »
20k min. O0

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +454
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2012, 07:31:25 PM »
My uncle's cost around 35k but his family received 40k in nyiaj tshav ntuj.

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +203
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2012, 04:55:00 PM »
My fil cost about 35k.

9k funeral home
3-5k casket
7k plot
5-7k for 4 cow from each son
foods......... we cooked different food each day so it was a drain in the pocket
other expenses...... ..i have no idea

In return we got........

17k in Sunshine Money/nyiaj tshauv ntuj
5k in nyiaj xa mam koom
3-4k in nyiaj xa mam koom  (we belong to 2)

But my mil she split it to us for those nyiaj xa mam koom and didn't keep any.......

Dpending on your religion also and how long you hold it.  My father's funeral cost $20K. $16K just to rent the funeral hall for 3 days but that includes the coffin which is like 8K.

Christian or not they are always held starting Sat. morning and burial on Monday........ ....

GoldFishFighting

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2012, 06:43:38 PM »
no insurance...be tter off being the dead

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +203
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2012, 07:05:40 PM »
Total for my father was roughly around 20+ grand.

$16K (including the 3 days rental and a coffin)
$2K for foods and things
1K for rental of some equipments
$3K for the double plot (my sister paid for this out of her pocket)
(I'm not including the cow because that's out of people's expenses).

We got only 8K back because we had not family members here in MN and only a few could fly to attend the funeral. Before my father passed away, he said to give each of us $500.00, $200 to all his nieces and one sister. The rest are to pay for those who has come to help us...

At least your father got to speak up about what he want to do and give those last orders.  My fil didn't get to do any of that in that short time he was sick until he passed away.  He barely could talk so.........

2 weeks ago before husband and I head back home my mil was telling us what she want for funeral and where everything is............ .  She told us she doesn't want a lot of cows like how we did for my fil and only 4.  If the daughters decided to killed one cow then make it 3 for the sons and 1 from the daughters but keep it only 4.  Whatever we get from the life insurance money then to give each of the daughters $300 but I'm sure my husband they probably give more since they are not stingy people.  Husband and I have about 33k of her money put away while she has 20k.  All that money will go toward her funeral and whatever is leftover or not spend will be split among the 4 sons.  The sunshine/donation money that we get during the funeral and the 2 org. emergency fund will still be split among us.  She want a better casket and not like the one they got for my fil. 

asadfg

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2012, 02:23:36 AM »
enough for some kids college fund :buck2:

yuknowthat

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2012, 01:32:43 PM »
My uncle's cost around 35k but his family received 40k in nyiaj tshav ntuj.
mauj phooj ywg coob thiab kwvtij neej tsa coob, ces thaum tuag luag thiab xab pab yus tsev neeg...40k nyiaj tshav ntuj is a lot..

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +454
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2012, 09:40:13 PM »
mauj phooj ywg coob thiab kwvtij neej tsa coob, ces thaum tuag luag thiab xab pab yus tsev neeg...40k nyiaj tshav ntuj is a lot..

I thought so, too.

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: +419
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2012, 03:41:46 PM »
Total for my father was roughly around 20+ grand.

$16K (including the 3 days rental and a coffin)
$2K for foods and things
1K for rental of some equipments
$3K for the double plot (my sister paid for this out of her pocket)
(I'm not including the cow because that's out of people's expenses).

We got only 8K back because we had not family members here in MN and only a few could fly to attend the funeral. Before my father passed away, he said to give each of us $500.00, $200 to all his nieces and one sister. The rest are to pay for those who has come to help us...
only 3 days ST? 

buster_me

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2012, 01:30:46 AM »
Market went up for everything

A_New_Beginning

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2012, 09:32:52 PM »
My father's funeral, Sat & Sunday (12 hours each day), then Mon 8-12= cost around $28K

yuknowthat

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2012, 08:28:06 AM »
I thought so, too.
but thaum luag thuam yuav tau nrog luab tuag thiab vim tuag yus die lawv thiaj die nrog yus thiab.

buster_me

« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2012, 07:14:46 PM »
My dad funeral this past weekend, we pulled 40k outta pocket. Rumors were that its 56k. I was busy mourning my dad passing so i didnt ask plus we already got problems already asking them about money spending and all of them already took off when we complain about massive spending and not spending accordingly to our budget. Better have life insurance ready because as supplies goes up in price in the future it will cost 100k.

Im still pissed off because whoever in charge did a bad job budgeting and they went on a wild shopping spree with 20g in their pocket. They went and over buy everything. Also they bought small packs of stuff that are expensive instead of just buying in bulk for cheaper. Our house is litter with tons of unopen supplies. Im glad my mon kept 20g on her because with that we were able to pay off the rental of funeral home and services, plot, my dad clothings and cloths, 2cows plus butchering fees. If we had given the whole 40k im sure they would of spend it all on foods and supplies.

A_New_Beginning

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2012, 11:00:29 PM »
My dad funeral this past weekend, we pulled 40k outta pocket. Rumors were that its 56k. I was busy mourning my dad passing so i didnt ask plus we already got problems already asking them about money spending and all of them already took off when we complain about massive spending and not spending accordingly to our budget. Better have life insurance ready because as supplies goes up in price in the future it will cost 100k.

Im still pissed off because whoever in charge did a bad job budgeting and they went on a wild shopping spree with 20g in their pocket. They went and over buy everything. Also they bought small packs of stuff that are expensive instead of just buying in bulk for cheaper. Our house is litter with tons of unopen supplies. Im glad my mon kept 20g on her because with that we were able to pay off the rental of funeral home and services, plot, my dad clothings and cloths, 2cows plus butchering fees. If we had given the whole 40k im sure they would of spend it all on foods and supplies.

Since you been through and I've been through...why dont we start a Hmong Funeral Planner Business? Instead of relying on the Thawj Xyom Cuab....

Advertisements