Advertisement

Author Topic: This is what my grass looks like...a wheat field wannabe  (Read 18821 times)

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +203
    • View Profile
Re: This is what my grass looks like...a wheat field wannabe
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2012, 12:37:06 PM »
Fake grass actually looks nice? Is it expensive?

I didn't really get to touch it to really see how it feel because I just walk by it quickly and head out because of my husband....... ....he's not one to spend any extra time looking around and just get in and out of the store......... I'll go check it out this weekend because there was actually a few sample of those fake grass.  I think I wouldn't mind it for a few years since I still have little one that need to run and play in the backyard.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Calypso

« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2012, 03:01:01 PM »
Calypso, I will let you know how the weed killer works.  My husband does yardwork on a weekly basis, and we are puzzled as to why our front lawn has become a prairie! If this fails, we'll have to either pay a gardener to come do something about it or get new sod all together.  Money I don't have or want to spend!  :D :D :D

Summerberry,  fake grass as in astroturf or is this something different?

Sukie, yes, please keep me updated on ur situation. Thank u. O0

Lan Xang

« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2012, 05:35:26 PM »
Have you tried the Scotts Miracle grow or the 10 10 10 fertilizer. Have you tried anything, pee on them grass lol

Calypso

« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2012, 09:21:13 AM »
Have you tried the Scotts Miracle grow or the 10 10 10 fertilizer. Have you tried anything, pee on them grass lol

Nope, have not tried those. I don't normally pee outside either. Do u? U can come pee on my lawn to try that method out...see if it solves my problem. lol

proudlao

« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2012, 09:42:44 AM »
Get the 10 10 10 and see! Ok, I'll stop by later!

Calypso

« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2012, 10:08:20 AM »
Get the 10 10 10 and see! Ok, I'll stop by later!

See u then. Do u have enough pee to water my whole lawn? lol

I think it gives your lawn character. Don't get rid of it.

Thank u, nuk. Ur so kind. It seems everyone else thinks the opposite about my lawn. ;D

proudlao

« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2012, 10:10:59 AM »
See u then. Do u have enough pee to water my whole lawn? lol

I had three large cups of coffee, on my way to your place I'll pick up a six pack of Heineken and that should do the trick lol

Calypso

« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2012, 10:25:46 AM »

I had three large cups of coffee, on my way to your place I'll pick up a six pack of Heineken and that should do the trick lol

Sounds like a plan. ;) ;D

Offline saki saki

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +61
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2012, 03:06:59 PM »
U sure it's not crab grass?..they tend to do tat, but this pix is very hard to tell, cuz i'm not a grass man.. but if you have crab grass, have fun mow'n it down..

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2012, 06:13:56 PM »
Calypso, I will let you know how the weed killer works.  My husband does yardwork on a weekly basis, and we are puzzled as to why our front lawn has become a prairie! If this fails, we'll have to either pay a gardener to come do something about it or get new sod all together.  Money I don't have or want to spend!  :D :D :D

Summerberry,  fake grass as in astroturf or is this something different?

When I quickly touch a little of it just walking pass it.......it feel like fake grass that is used for easter egg hunt but just imagine it very thick together as a patch.  There was a few together as a sample.

I took a picture of our grass last night to compare it a week ago when we start the fertiziler.  I probably did a poor job of walking up and down the grass to make it evenly when using the machine to spread it out.  I had to return the Scott thing back to Lowes because it was not worth it after I finished using it.  They recommend you fert. 4x a year so I told myself who care.......I'm returning it for my $40 back because it terrible and especially the hand roll one. I can tell it help a little but my back yard is still too hot on most day so we'll see what happen later.

A week when we fertizlier the grass.

Yesterday recent photo to see how much it has change........ ..

Going to give it 2-3 more week and then decide if grass is for us or not..... might have to consider getting those Mex. to come cut and help with the grass.  My front yard I didn't take picture but it look like it has grew a little too.

Calypso

« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2012, 11:15:20 PM »
U sure it's not crab grass?..they tend to do tat, but this pix is very hard to tell, cuz i'm not a grass man.. but if you have crab grass, have fun mow'n it down..

Nope, I don't think it's crab grass.

When I quickly touch a little of it just walking pass it.......it feel like fake grass that is used for easter egg hunt but just imagine it very thick together as a patch.  There was a few together as a sample.

I took a picture of our grass last night to compare it a week ago when we start the fertiziler.  I probably did a poor job of walking up and down the grass to make it evenly when using the machine to spread it out.  I had to return the Scott thing back to Lowes because it was not worth it after I finished using it.  They recommend you fert. 4x a year so I told myself who care.......I'm returning it for my $40 back because it terrible and especially the hand roll one. I can tell it help a little but my back yard is still too hot on most day so we'll see what happen later.

A week when we fertizlier the grass.

Yesterday recent photo to see how much it has change........ ..

Going to give it 2-3 more week and then decide if grass is for us or not..... might have to consider getting those Mex. to come cut and help with the grass.  My front yard I didn't take picture but it look like it has grew a little too.

Summerberry, ur grass doesn't look like it's changed much but if it's only been a week, then maybe with time and more applications, it'll green up. Do u water ur lawn too?

Peachy Fish

« Reply #41 on: May 29, 2012, 11:42:52 PM »
Calypso, at least your grass is full. =) Ours have bald spots.

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 30, 2012, 05:39:27 PM »
Nope, I don't think it's crab grass.

Summerberry, ur grass doesn't look like it's changed much but if it's only been a week, then maybe with time and more applications, it'll green up. Do u water ur lawn too?

I don't water it only my husband but it only been a week so you can't really tell but you can clearly see the sprout are growing out over the grass turf but the backyard is hard place to maintain because no shade and can be dead or dried out fast while the front yard has change a lot and much greener.  I regret we took out 3 of the trees that was along or close to the brick wall when we did the concrete work.  I told my husband we can always plant but at the same time with little kids the grass will be dead sooner or later again........

Calypso

« Reply #43 on: June 04, 2012, 09:34:07 PM »
Calypso, at least your grass is full. =) Ours have bald spots.

We have bald spots too, but they're in the back.

I don't water it only my husband but it only been a week so you can't really tell but you can clearly see the sprout are growing out over the grass turf but the backyard is hard place to maintain because no shade and can be dead or dried out fast while the front yard has change a lot and much greener.  I regret we took out 3 of the trees that was along or close to the brick wall when we did the concrete work.  I told my husband we can always plant but at the same time with little kids the grass will be dead sooner or later again........

SummerBerry, our front yard has no trees at all. I was told by our neighbors that there used to be plenty of trees there but that the previous owners took them all out due to some problems with the roots or something like that. It's nice to have some trees for shade. I wish we had at least one tree there.

Offline saki saki

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +61
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 04, 2012, 09:44:59 PM »
We have bald spots too, but they're in the back.

I was told by our neighbors that there used to be plenty of trees there but that the previous owners took them all out due to some problems with the roots or something like that. It's nice to have some trees for shade. I wish we had at least one tree there.
LOL.. wen I move into my new house I chopped all the trees down. What I have left is the one by the power line that runs along my property.. I like trees but when big storm cums I was afraid that it'll break onto of my house

Advertisements