Advertisement

Author Topic: A fool's gold  (Read 975 times)

supadupac

A fool's gold
« on: June 05, 2012, 11:28:48 AM »
.... going to start a cool diary of quotes and such :D

If there's one thing that I have learned in life, it's that there are few things that you care about, and even fewer things that care about you. Moreover, the things that you care about will let you down. The only thing that you have is yourself, and even then, you won't have that for long. Life is about have-nots, not haves. Making the best of it is the challenge. A challenge that not everyone will meet, for the few haves must eclipse the magnitude of the cumulative have-nots. Perhaps the most cruel lesson that I have learned is that one's potential is directly correlated to one's emotions. A man without emotion is a man who can become successful in his endeavors.

Often times, failures come from those around you, rather than from yourself. You cannot go through life depending upon other people, yet the opposite is true as well. People will let you down. People will give you up. People will love you, and then not love you. The world would be easier if love and trust did not exist, because its chief purpose is to diminish and go away.

Alas, true love, trust, and happiness do exist. However, it is rare. More often than not, it is simply a mask worn for a period of time until it melts away and real intentions surface. It seems as though the best one can ever do is be the man that he wants to be, instead of wishing he were that man. There is no substitute for action. Everything boils down to willpower and fate. I'm not sure if my observations are correct, but being a realist this is how I see life.

Jeremy_Buff
http://www.reddit.com/r/manprovement/comments/tnuep/just_some_observations_on_life/

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Advertisements