Advertisement

Author Topic: who's into transformer toys?  (Read 54764 times)

Offline saki saki

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +61
    • View Profile
Re: who's into transformer toys?
« Reply #45 on: May 14, 2013, 07:13:26 PM »
I'm jealous!

I could have bought 2 masterpiece Thundercracker s at the Plymouth TRU (buy one get one 1/2 off) during a hasbro promo but passed. Not a fan of him and budget was tight.  I did manage to find a mp OP in Bloomington 2 weeks prior.  O0

How come no Megatron in those pics?  I have a played with, complete g1 with box and styrofoam and a nib takara reissue.  8)
MP Megatron was too much. By the time I got into collecting TF and rekin-dou my inner childhood lane  . I'm pretty sure they will make a better MP Megatron, to be in scale with MP Prime.

Speaking of MP Prime, I was sooo happy that I found him. I went high and low to look for him, but every time I call TRU... They are sold out... I went as far as to even know when their trucks stop by. But lucky I went their later then usual. And they have just got the shipment in. I only saw 1 Prime.. But I found that there were about 5  of them so I called my buddy to come over and get his. LOL. They only allow you to get 2 per costumer. That's how HOT that toy was. When they came out 1st wave it was $99.00, by the time I found mine. It had jumped to $120.00. So I really lost out.
I'm pretty sure the 1st wave to come out was like buy 1 get 50% off the next one. But you have to time it correctly to their promo. Only gripe I have with mine was that Spike came with 2 left tights. So he won't sit rite. I have to pop his thighs off if I want him to sit. Vice versa. :(

As for MP Thunder Cracker. I missed out. during the hunt for MP Prime I missed the first wave at TRU. I had to order mine. Then when I found out that TRU was getting some more..And then I went and pick up another one up. "You will regret not getting him for sooo cheap".

I like those deal buy one get 50% off.
That's how I got 2 Mp Hot Rod. I'm still kicking myself for not getting 2 MP Grimlock. :(  I wanna take him out to play, but I want to keep him minted box. Now he goes between 2-3 hundo. The Takara goes even more. Gosh. I don't have that kinda moola's.

« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 07:31:17 PM by saki saki »

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline saki saki

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 14, 2013, 07:25:57 PM »
BTW.. MP Soundwave will be coming out this Fall. With all his little minions. Expect me to go looking for another one or maybe 2 of 'em. LOL I already have the Takara MP Soundwave already. So I won't go all crazy and search high and low for him. But expect me to go hunting for him when  he comes out to TRU exclusive.

Offline saki saki

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 14, 2013, 07:40:55 PM »

He's the next guy on my list to get, But it was said to release 2nd Qty, but I have not receive anymore info.

Hope you guys can see him.. This is how FED REX "not Predaking" in scale with Green Gaint "not Devyy".

« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 07:44:38 PM by saki saki »

Offline saki saki

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 14, 2013, 07:42:33 PM »

These are all 3rd party TF.

Offline saki saki

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 14, 2013, 07:47:54 PM »

Offline Ron Burgundy

• Sr. Poster
  • Handsome Man's Club Applicant
  • Respect: +161
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 16, 2013, 03:36:09 PM »
I had the lion, buzzard, and bull for predaking as a kid. I was dumb for not packing away my tf toys. My younger brothers ended up trading away my toys for stupid Pokemon cards. Frikken idiots!! :knuppel2:

Offline saki saki

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 16, 2013, 10:34:13 PM »
^^ Ron, tat reminds me wat back, my so call brother, but not my real brother. You know how we little kids grew up. Anyways he had the Star War's millinnia falcone. It was a huge toy. Lol I gave it to ine of our neighbor. Lol wen ge found out he was sooooo piss at me. Now I see the one at TRU and i wanna get it and mail it to him. And write a note saying " here's ur replacement from 20 yrs ago.Remember I gave ur's away" lol 

Offline Ron Burgundy

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 17, 2013, 12:36:35 PM »
One year, after many years of disappointing gifts, my dad actually asked me what I wanted for Christmas and gave me the choice of buying the complete lion Voltron or Devastator set.   I picked Voltron. :idiot2:   FAIL!!!!  :'(

Offline saki saki

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 17, 2013, 01:45:30 PM »
^^ Many years ago I went to TRU and found Voltron the Lion Force. And a Optimus Prime, but not his G1 but some other version. I bought it and never opened till like 2-3 yrs. Then I decided to open and play with it. My little brothers at that time were like 10-13 yrs old. Wanted to play with the toy. At 1st I was like NO, then sub come to my brotherly love and let them play with it. Boy I knew it was a wrong choice. Anyways I went out and later that day. The red and green lion's head were gone and black lion was in half. lol (Big Fail). And that was the last time I ever had Voltron in my hand. I still want him but not gonna fork out 3-4 hundo(s) for him.

Offline saki saki

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 17, 2013, 01:49:44 PM »
I forgot to tell you wat happen to my Optimus Prime. I ended up wrapping it for my brother's birthday.
IDK what he did with it.

Offline Ron Burgundy

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 17, 2013, 02:10:38 PM »
I bought 3 Toys R Us reissue Optimus Primes like 10 years ago.  Gave one to my bil for Xmas like 4-5 years ago.  Let my then 6 yo son open up one 2 years ago.  His eyes lit up!  That sight was way better than just letting it sit and collect dust.

However, he knows I have a G1 Megatron and that he won't get to see or play with it until he's much older...  :knuppel2:

Offline saki saki

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 17, 2013, 03:13:53 PM »
^^ Ron, bet ur BIL was like dam... Best gift ever:). Yeah its nice to have G1 megatron, sad thing about it is... U can't go running around with Mega in his gun mode. Like we use to do back then...
meg. Is hard to find now, unless you wanna fork a good hundo for him.

My kids sees my MP toys behind glass case. and are allow to only play with the cyber verse ones only. Heck they're around 4-5 bucks. And if they break it or lose it. I won't get mad. But until they are older and understand the value of the toys, only then they can hold it and play with.

A lot of my TF i' ve never transformed it.

Offline Ron Burgundy

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 17, 2013, 03:44:31 PM »
He liked it but I think he let his kids open and play with it, too...  Oh well...  ::)

I tell you though...  Cartoons and toys have sucked since the 90's.  Heck my two younger brothers (in their mid-20's) only had Pokemon.  How lame is that??  ;D

They missed out on the classics like TF, GI Joe, Silverhawks, Thundercats, and even He-Man.  Heck, I even loved watching Dungeons and Dragons on Saturday mornings.  I have that dvd but still don't know if those kids ever made it home. :dontknow: 

Offline saki saki

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 17, 2013, 05:37:45 PM »
^^ D and Dragon was popular as an RPG game. thou I never knew how that game works.
You said it. Kids now a day only knows Pokemon and Yugi Oh.. Digit mons...
But were lucky enough to know those 80's shows... Even if you ask kids about TF? they're like the 2007 TF. lol...
I never got into D and Dragon the TV series. And IDK or tink they show ever ended. It seems like it stop cuz ppl weren't into the show....
Oh son't forget Gillian's Island.... Marry Ann and Ginger... woof woof from me. lol

Offline saki saki

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 30, 2013, 12:24:09 PM »
Newest member.

Advertisements