Advertisement

Author Topic: Why go to school if you don't wanna try?  (Read 3100 times)

MayGuyver

Why go to school if you don't wanna try?
« on: October 02, 2012, 02:14:44 PM »
I don't understand why there are people(s) that would go to college, but never seem to try and learn anything. I mean there have been those that barely comes to class, and those that either sleeps in class or never do their homework. Honestly, I feel that if you are among those that are lazy in school. Then you should allow the money grants to go to those that wants to learn and have a goal to succeed. Surely everyone knows that government grants are to be paid back 6 months after college. So why waste you time??

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: +419
    • View Profile
Re: Why go to school if you don't wanna try?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2012, 04:19:33 PM »
No.  Govt grants don't need to be paid back.  Only govt backed loans need to be paid back.  But you see alot of that in Jr. Colleges and no name private colleges like Phoenix, Devry, etc.  You won't see much of that at the harder to get in universities with top reputations.  ;)

Missterious

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2013, 05:49:17 AM »
I know right. When I finished my two year degree, I was pooped. I wanted to reach at least the bachelors level but I knew that if I continued school I would not do well and I didn't want to have bad grades on my transcript. So I decided to take a break until I was ready to go back focused and motivated so that I will do well.

Json

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2013, 07:45:34 AM »
I know right. When I finished my two year degree, I was pooped. I wanted to reach at least the bachelors level but I knew that if I continued school I would not do well and I didn't want to have bad grades on my transcript. So I decided to take a break until I was ready to go back focused and motivated so that I will do well.

I needed a break from college too.  I do like the college atmosphere.

SVanTha

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2013, 07:15:30 PM »
Because just getting that certificate is worth a ton more than actual grades.  Your average job application is gonna ask for school certification, but not GPA.

Missterious

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2013, 01:34:03 PM »
Because just getting that certificate is worth a ton more than actual grades.  Your average job application is gonna ask for school certification, but not GPA.
I guess that's fine if the person doesn't really care how they do in school or about actually learning something.

Missterious

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2013, 04:17:58 AM »
Some are lazy and stupid and never do anything because they don't desire anything in this world is because they are spoiled. Some are lazy but smart and end up being a loser for being too cocky that works in a restaurant or doing some poor hmong movies at the new years. Some are lazy but always do their work progressively by doing their best and get what their outcome really is. If you are lazy and hardworking at the same time, then I would understand how life is torturing you. But if you just do nothing in the class and I was the teacher, I would drop you if you failed the first exam. It's either u have a D or an F, you will be drop if I was the teacher.

This reminds me of my P.E teacher back in high school. He said he was ill and wasn't thinking right and that he should've failed me instead of giving me a passing grade of D. lol I sucked at P.E.

Advertisements