Advertisement

Author Topic: School Loans!!!  (Read 13614 times)

Offline duckwingduck

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +172
    • View Profile
Re: School Loans!!!
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2013, 11:01:15 AM »
Don't forget to apply for financial aids.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Christa

« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2013, 01:33:23 PM »
$10,000 is not a lot of 2 1/2 years worth of school. Like others have mentioned, just make sure that you're in for a good major that will get you a job.

Sleipnir

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2013, 03:40:06 PM »
i will say it as many times as i can...

DO NOT DEFAULT ON YOUR STUDENT LOANS.

Wi_sweetguy

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2013, 04:07:10 PM »
Have 75 college credits debt free from community college. Another two years is looking at 10 k in loans with FA.

Love2Kiss

« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2013, 06:06:31 PM »
I have been going to school for 2 1/2 years and I have 10,000+ dollars to pay off after i graduate, I know that I will be taking out more student loan to get my degree. I want to get some pointers on how I can avoid it.. Also, is it worth it?

Please share with me your experienece with student loans... Thanks  ALLDAY-24

It worth to do it. It took me five and a half years to finish paying mine, 17,850.00, back.

Wi_sweetguy

« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2013, 10:11:23 PM »
Yeah, honestly 10k is peanuts.

I feel sorrie for the one's paying back 100k loan...

I mean seriously, is an education really worth that much?

I can see 25k and 30k max for 4 years and to me that's way to expensive..but some folks are happy with a 100k loan! hahha I mean for reals?!!?  Yeah it's fun and all but what are they going to do when they don't get a job?

Oh wells, I guess it's what they want. 

Quite sad really. 

A long time ago when I was applying for a university, actually everything was all set to go except for one set of paper work, even my cousin saw my name on the inbound list, the paperwork was 4 pages long.. I was like "Man! really?!!  I gotta fill out all this?!!?"  Halfway through page 2 I was like "this is too much paperwork!" and so I didn't make it to the university, I also thought all the loan's I'd probably had to take and so it further deterred me. 

So, till this day! I still hate paperwork! hahhah

But I will say, if I went to college, I probably couldn't and wouldn't be doing half the things I'm doing now or even be allowed to do a portion of the thing's I've done.

It's so funnie too becuase some of the serious things I've done...yalls don't even want to know what's really going through our minds when we do it! 

hahahha oh wells.

Quite funnie really....

tell us.  I want to know too.

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +203
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2013, 11:16:31 AM »
It worth to do it. It took me five and a half years to finish paying mine, 17,850.00, back.

My husband only debts when we got married was 7k in student loans from graduate school.  Got a job right away and his employer waived it all in 2 yrs.  he told me if he knew he would have borrow more and I just laughed and told him yeah right......you hardly spoiled yourself or buy anything..... His employer was willing to help paid when he was planning to go back to school for his Ph.D but he never made up his mind.  This year my husband did get accepted for Ed.D but last minute it wasn't for him because he has no experience in the education field and wasnt related to his work so employer wasn't going to help and he doesn't want to end up in 50-60k loans.

WindComeWindBlow

« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2013, 10:03:23 AM »
I enjoy a lot of the responses.  And yes, 10K is pretty small. The average school loans is about $30k-40K for an undergraduate student in a 4 year university. 

minorcharacter

« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2014, 01:11:09 AM »
42k =/
It sucks, but I'd do it all over again.

vl

« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2014, 01:46:18 PM »
42k =/
It sucks, but I'd do it all over again.

Ha !

J/k, I have 41k and it's about $450 per month.  Sucks, but can't really do anything about it.

Sleipnir

« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2014, 09:06:28 PM »
Ha !

J/k, I have 41k and it's about $450 per month.  Sucks, but can't really do anything about it.

No worries...

Believe me, once you buy new cars and a home and toys and take vacations....  That payment will get buried and feel like peanuts.

Just make sure you are paying it and pay it off.

TheNewGuy

« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2014, 01:43:11 PM »
College loans can kick azz if you choose the wrong degree or change majors a few times.  Do some research and see if there's potential growth in your field.  First off start with financial aid and scholarships.  Depending on the state you are living in there's also state scholarships for minorities.  If you're working at a good place they'll have grant money for their employees.

Take the initiatives to do volunteer work and internships if you can.  It's always a plus in your resume.  College is not for all but in the end when you walk that stage (I never did  :D) you should feel rewarded.

Advertisements