Advertisement

Author Topic: Honda CBR Vs. Kawasaki Ninja  (Read 2564 times)

caSsadie

Honda CBR Vs. Kawasaki Ninja
« on: October 13, 2012, 11:58:45 PM »
Given my height and that I am a female, which one would better benefit me?  Int he long run, which one of these bikes has better lifetime?  you know what i mean... Because i bought a trainer bike and now it's time for me to invest in a real WOMAN's bike.  YAY!! I don't want to spend no more than 5000 on a bike though.  AND I do not want to try and lower it if i don't have to.  keep those in mind.  please help

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Re: Honda CBR Vs. Kawasaki Ninja
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2012, 04:36:28 AM »
Given my height and that I am a female, which one would better benefit me? 

Both models are about the same in every way depending on which size you're talking about as the sizes for those models ranges from 250, 300, 500, 600, 650, 750, 900, 929, 954, 1000, 1100, 1200, and 1400 (new and used from about the year 2000 on...)

Int he long run, which one of these bikes has better lifetime?  you know what i mean...

About the same, it's like comparing Toyota and Honda in the auto world. Both brands have a good bullet proof reliability reputation.

Because i bought a trainer bike and now it's time for me to invest in a real WOMAN's bike.  YAY!! I don't want to spend no more than 5000 on a bike though.  AND I do not want to try and lower it if i don't have to.  keep those in mind.  please help

Once you've gain enough riding experience and skills from your "trainer bike", go check out and perhaps even test ride the other models that you've considered and see which one works best for you. It's like trying on a pair of pants or a helmet, doing it personally usually equals best results vs. opinions of others since 'what fits and what's best for me' can vary from individual to individual.

Your budget of "5000" is plenty for most of the sizes mentioned above but mostly used.

If you don't want to lower it, you can always learn to ride with one foot down or get the model(s) with the lowest seat height. Here's a resourceful link for riders that are vertically challenged:

http://www.nebcom.com/noemi/moto/sbl.faq.html

My girl started on a brand new Ninja 250R, then upgraded to a used Ninja 650R and is happy with it for the past 4 years in terms of looks, comfort, reliability,and performance.

She prefers that model over its RR counterpart because it's more comfortable for her and most riders. The 650R has a real handlebar vs. clip-ons on an ZX-R so it puts her body in a natural standard sitting position vs. crouching over with feet way up. In addition, the seat height on the 650R is at least one inch lower so it helps her for being only 5' 3" tall and it cost less to buy. Here's a photo of her 2006 Ninja 650R:

The new one looks even better imo:

Bottomline is, the "What fits and what's best" points can be very subjective so do your research fully before buying. Always do what you think it's right for you instead of what others think it's right for you. Afterall, it's YOUR money and you're buying it for YOU. Good luck and keep us posted.

Vangpao

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2012, 05:50:37 PM »
You can buy whatever you like - Just make sure you buy lowering links too.

supadupac

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2012, 12:00:56 PM »
id say cbr :D

SeattleLite

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2012, 12:48:37 PM »
I agree with King.  I had a Ninja 250 for about a year.  Very good bike if you ride 45mph or less 90% of the time.  If you hit the hwy, the high rpm and wind will beat you up.  Now I ride a 650R.  You can pick a 2010 or older for 5k or less.  Very capable bike, the position is more vertical than a ninja 250, better wind protection, good mpg ~50mpg, very good for short riders.  The bad is the suspension, but that can be changed.  The 650R is a very nice bike with low insurance cost as well. 

Vangpao

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2012, 03:17:55 PM »
Ninja 300 with lowering links and a set of sockets to lower the front triple tree.

Advertisements