Advertisement

Author Topic: Bicycle recommendation  (Read 2173 times)

Succubus

Bicycle recommendation
« on: October 22, 2012, 05:56:06 AM »
My budget is around $500 (max $750).  I will do almost excusively paved paths and paved trails.  I have no intentions of going on gravel so mountain bikes are not an option.  I prefer a cool looking hybrid.  My friend has this awesome Felt bike.  Specialized bikes are cool too.  Have not looked into too many Treks.  What do you think?  New bike: will be an average bike due to my limited budget. Or buy a great bike that is used so that it fits my price.

What do you ride and why?

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

aboo

Re: Bicycle recommendation
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2012, 11:52:56 AM »
i have a FELT cruiser and i like it alot. i'm planning to get another bike, one that is more suited for a longer commute to work.

do you know alot about bikes? for me a GREAT BIKE wasn't my kind because i'm new to the scene, so i opted for a new, easy to use and cool looking cruiser.

supadupac

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2012, 12:12:36 PM »
just grab a decent road bike with some gears.. light and good skinny tires, you dont have to spend a lot for a nice commuter bike :D .. now if u wanna do some racing or mountaining.. that, you have to do some research on..

if u want an all around bike, i would recommend a specialized crossroads or crosstrails, they're super nice and ride great..

specialized tricross is nice too.. gluck! :D

Finest

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2012, 03:06:58 PM »
Don't forget GIANT bikes too.  They have nice hybrids, should do well on paved trails even.  Look for the aluminum frames, so much lighter than steel.  And the hybrid has a more up-right riding position, so you can go longer without feeling fatigued. 

Succubus

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2012, 07:14:25 AM »
Trek has many scrappy bikes in my price range.  The only brands that I like are Felt and Specialized.  Looks like I will be buying used.  I hope to find a good deal since bike season is ending.  I do prefer a hybrid but I will consider road bikes too.  Otherwise save up and have abudget of $2,000.  Wow, that's a lot of money for a hobby.  I probably could justify it when I do ride, but I cannot see myself more than once a week.  I'm just not that passionate about it, yet I would like to have something nice when my friends call.

aboo

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2012, 10:42:01 AM »
If you are only riding it ONCE a week..... 2k is ALOT to be spending, just my opinion.  I would say get used then.....a cheaper used one would work in your situation.

supadupac

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2012, 10:50:11 AM »
If you are only riding it ONCE a week..... 2k is ALOT to be spending, just my opinion.  I would say get used then.....a cheaper used one would work in your situation.

GIANTs are pretty cheap for price and good bikes

Succubus

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2012, 07:17:17 AM »
A friend of mine is selling her Felt SR 91 for a mere $300.  She said this will get me started, and if I like it then I can buy a nicer bike next year.  Yup, going out this weekend.

Succubus

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2012, 10:32:10 AM »
Awesome!  It's a road bike with straight bars.  It has lots of high end parts.  I should be happy with this for many years.  Highly recommend it.

Vangpao

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2012, 03:14:05 PM »
$1500.oo is the minimun entry fee for a decent bicycle with durable components.

Advertisements