Advertisement

Author Topic: CBR500: Little heavy but not bad looking at all, the big question now is...  (Read 1590 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
how much Big Red will ask for it?

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Finest

It'll work in Europe/UK, which will soon require newbie riders to stay under 47bhp bikes.  In the States, we have either the 250 or 600, so riders will have to pick if they want an underpowered street bike or a supersport.  The 500 here would be appealing for the potential riders who want more power than a 250, but not an all-out SS bike like the 600+ bikes.  But then again, with our big egos, most will jump to a literbike within a year or two anyways.   :P

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Tier licensing has been around in Europe for years. I think it's no more than 33 HP for new riders in the UK. In 2008, Utah adopted the tier licensing system but they based it on cc instead of hp from what I gathered which didn't make much sense to me because the gap of power is so wide from a vlx to a r6 even though both motors grouped in the same 600cc category.

Yep, not many options between 250 and 600 now. The only models I can think of on top of my head are the DR and the Ninja 300. Not like the old days where there are plenty of models ranging from 100-600 but then again, vehicles are getting bigger and bigger ("Bigger is better" still sells). I looked for a rental car recently, I can't believe they listed the Toyota Carolla a "mid-size"... ;D

« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 12:59:57 AM by theking »

Vangpao

They'll ask $7000.oo.

The Ninja 300 is sporting a $5000.oo price tag already.

Get rid of the danm VFR look already.

« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 03:16:39 PM by Vangpao »

Advertisements