Advertisement

Author Topic: Estimates On kitchen renovations  (Read 5391 times)

DeceiversChick

Re: Estimates On kitchen renovations
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2012, 02:06:58 PM »
If I could do my kitchen right now I would do it with concrete.... I saw some on youtube... looks so cool and clean

We want to renovate our kitchen and the s/o wants a concrete tabletop! I don't like the idea at all. ahahah

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

yuknowthat

« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2012, 12:49:48 PM »
finally found a good estimate with the cabinet guys coming in to do measurements and everything.. custom cabinets and granite counter top..whew! let's get this crap over with

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +203
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2012, 03:39:29 PM »
finally found a good estimate with the cabinet guys coming in to do measurements and everything.. custom cabinets and granite counter top..whew! let's get this crap over with

Please do share photo once it is installed.  I would love to get darker cabinet and granite counter top but since my house is only 5 years old and instead of granite slab got tile installed so might as well leave it alone.  I think were better off saving the $$$ and buying a new home that we like when they start building again since they stop building home here in 2008.

yuknowthat

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2013, 08:29:21 AM »
kitchen counter tops are IN! and done...will post photos later, now need to paint the whole kitchen.

Offline Mrs.Vang

• Board Moderator
  • "The only ugly faces, are the ones we make."
  • Respect: +126
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2013, 08:15:46 PM »
kitchen counter tops are IN! and done...will post photos later, now need to paint the whole kitchen.

I want to renovate my kitchen too.  I'm thinking about redoing my counter tops, tiling my floor and moving my sink a little bit to the right so that I can have an island.  If you don't mind will you please share with me how much it costs you to do yours?  And I'd love to see pictures.

By the way, who did yours?

"Some people, no matter how old they get, never lose their beauty - they merely move it from their faces into their hearts."<br /><br />

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +203
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2013, 03:50:27 PM »

I want to renovate my kitchen too.  I'm thinking about redoing my counter tops, tiling my floor and moving my sink a little bit to the right so that I can have an island.  If you don't mind will you please share with me how much it costs you to do yours?  And I'd love to see pictures.

By the way, who did yours?

Show us your remodel closet again.  Satisfied or feel like you need a bigger closet sometime soon again?

My house is only 5 years old so I don't feel like touching anything or doing any remodel/upgrade even though I want to with the kitchen countertop, floor, etc.  My kids are still little too so best to leave it alone and maybe just save the $$ to buy another house that is 1 level.  I can't deal with 2 story anymore.

Peaches

« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2013, 05:31:37 PM »
I'd like to renovated my kitchen too! But we got several estimates done and it'll cost me roughly $60 grand to get my dream kitchen.   :D With that much, I rather buy a new house  :-\

Offline Mrs.Vang

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2013, 07:31:02 PM »
Show us your remodel closet again.  Satisfied or feel like you need a bigger closet sometime soon again?

My house is only 5 years old so I don't feel like touching anything or doing any remodel/upgrade even though I want to with the kitchen countertop, floor, etc.  My kids are still little too so best to leave it alone and maybe just save the $$ to buy another house that is 1 level.  I can't deal with 2 story anymore.

Sis, I'm already so ready for a new and bigger closet!  LOL  OMG!  I cannot believe how fast it fills up!  ;D

"Some people, no matter how old they get, never lose their beauty - they merely move it from their faces into their hearts."<br /><br />

Offline Mrs.Vang

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2013, 07:35:04 PM »
I'd like to renovated my kitchen too! But we got several estimates done and it'll cost me roughly $60 grand to get my dream kitchen.   :D With that much, I rather buy a new house  :-\

Wow! :o $60 grand?  Holy cow!  I'm only thinking about $5 to remodel.  What do you want done?  Yeah, with that much money, you'd rather buy a new house.

You've seen my kitchen.  It's very small.  I just want the floor and counter top done.  Maybe move my sinks to the window so that I can do an isolated island, but I'm sure it's going to cost me more than $5k.

Peaches

« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2013, 02:15:33 PM »
Wow! :o $60 grand?  Holy cow!  I'm only thinking about $5 to remodel.  What do you want done?  Yeah, with that much money, you'd rather buy a new house.

You've seen my kitchen.  It's very small.  I just want the floor and counter top done.  Maybe move my sinks to the window so that I can do an isolated island, but I'm sure it's going to cost me more than $5k.

I want to tear down a wall that separates the kitchen from the dinning room to open up the kitchen making it bigger so it can fit more people. Where the wall use to sit, I want to put an island there, rip out all the old cabinets and put brand new ones up extending it a little further out from the old cabinets and adding a pantry. I want stainless appliances along with replace the flooring with hardware floors. That's not much, but sure is costing an arm and a leg.

I think that's a great idea that you have for your kitchen and it shouldn't cost you that much.

Advertisements