Advertisement

Author Topic: What is the Original language? White or Green?  (Read 51835 times)

royal_flush

Re: What is the Original language? White or Green?
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2013, 07:15:16 AM »
good question.. however, i've often heard that green hmong is the original hmong dialect and when society evolved through evolution and war, so did the transposed speaking of the language along with adaptation and insertion of different and/or new languages, but i could be wrong..

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

chidorix0x

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2013, 07:32:43 AM »
good question.. however, i've often heard that green hmong is the original hmong dialect and when society evolved through evolution and war, so did the transposed speaking of the language along with adaptation and insertion of different and/or new languages, but i could be wrong..

The naivety and gullibility of the Hmong/Mong community at large is unfortunately contagious. And any posturing of Green Hmong/Mong being the original or authentic Hmong/Mong is nothing but "hearsay" and is unfounded in any Hmong/Mong folklore, tales, legends (dab neeg), and most importantly scholarship to date; thus within this thread we are providing insight and sound academia/scholarship to disprove, rectify, explain and/or question this "hearsay".

If you did not already, go back and read through all previous posts/comments and perhaps they will provide some basis upon which to better analyze/criticize/conclude this "hearsay". I have even cited some scholarships for everyone to review, to better analyze/conclude the matter at their own discretion.

Offline joot

• Jr. Poster
  • Lonewolf & Cub
  • Respect: +80
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2013, 10:10:27 AM »
^^Dude stop sounding academic when you are totally NOT !  Who are you to say your "findings" are even true ?  Just because you did some "research" off the net, you are right ?  Reading your post here is like reading an elitest manifesto...on ly in your little world are your "findings" true...

Like this post: +1

chidorix0x

« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2013, 10:41:17 AM »
joot,

See "quote" below, specifically what is in "bold"  ...   ;) . Ua tsaug.

To answer your question, yes and no. And taking into account your rationale and logic, even if I did talk to these Hmong/Mong elders (both Dlawb and Leeg), "I cannot take biased opinions as truth...."O0

Alternatively, this leads me to believe in, resolve matters, and take a more sound approach, rooted in the scholarships of known, respected, and affluent researchers - past, present, and future as is becomes available.

More importantly, where, who, and what sources, resources, and/or Hmong/Mong elders (both Dlawb and Leeg) is your "ammo" and "fact-finding", to either support or rectify the debacle being discussed. Care to cite them? (I, very much would love to know, to broaden my knowledge-base and data-bank of Hmong/Miao history.)

CheejSiav

« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2013, 12:23:03 PM »
Let's put it this way according to historian, researchers and scholars who are they? Ordinary people like you and I so in order for you to find out about the Origin of the Hmong you will have to look for the clues, details, and antique. You may say we're bias but look at what question you're throwing out at us you're bias yourself because instead of relating to the source that we give you, you having no source to support why Green is the Origin neglected the source that we give you.
So going back to what I was saying about Historian, researchers, and scholars they build their own hypothesis and theories before consulting with the community from there when it makes sense enough they are awarded and publish for the community to read and study. So what are we doing exactly? consulting with everyone who comes in here to read this article. And according to principality and doctrine everyone have the right to speak and think according to their own thoughts. If you don't agree on us go and make your own theory and see if it makes sense for the common people to agree with you. Because what we're doing is not to abolish Green Hmong but to unite everyone according to precepts and doctrines. For example if  your doctrine is different than mine what would you do? Rebel so for the common people to understand and relate with each other we must find a common ground for each individuals. That is why the Chinese tried so hard to sustain us under their authority to abolish who we are unfortunately we couldn't maintain our identity because there were some who have their own ways of greed and that's why we were never a flourishing nation.

« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 12:25:38 PM by CheejSiav »

SURRENDER

« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2013, 12:24:11 PM »
CheejSiav,

How do you pronounce your name?

CheejSiav

« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2013, 12:38:31 PM »
CheejSiav,

How do you pronounce your name?

Hey yoursunrise4ev er,

My name is pronounced

Ch break it up C and you get the Cos in Hmong, which using the middle of your tongue to touch the roof of your mouth to pronounce it. Now add a little air to it and it'll become a Ch
ee is just eng
J is the high tone

S is pronounce with Sh
ia is equivalent to the English word Hsia for Chineses
v is a falling and rising tone

Meaning? There's none but if you break it up
Cheej= Long
Siav= Lifespan

SURRENDER

« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2013, 12:46:07 PM »
Thank you. My hmong writing and understanding is not that great! Interesting nickname.

CheejSiav

« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2013, 12:49:06 PM »
Thank you. My hmong writing and understanding is not that great! Interesting nickname.

We actually have Hmong Teaching class for free every Tuesday I believe

SURRENDER

« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2013, 01:11:43 PM »
We actually have Hmong Teaching class for free every Tuesday I believe

Where? In what forum? Please tell me. I would like to enhance my hmong writing.

chidorix0x

« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2013, 01:13:40 PM »
Hey yoursunrise4ev er,

My name is pronounced
Meaning? There's none but if you break it up
Cheej= Long
Siav= Lifespan

??? ... perhaps you meant to "ceevsia" or "cheejsia"

... because ceev=save/spare=long and sia=life/lifespan whereas siav=cooked/ripe and cheej="no meaning by itself" or only implies long, as far as I know.

A_New_Beginning

« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2013, 10:28:08 PM »
When I'm very successful in my business venture, my top priority is to find out who Hmong really is...

hmongperson

« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2013, 11:42:10 PM »
I do not have any facts, as a matter of fact I don't believe anyone does on the this matter. But, I have heard a story.

The story goes that both dialect has always coexisted. The White dialect is the one used by royalty, a formal language like how many other languages have. The Green dialect is that of the common man. The intermingling of the Hmong general population with the Chinese general population is the reason why the Green dialect sound similar to Mandarin Chinese.

And then there is another story that the Hmong language originated with the Green dialect. This is so because a lot of Hmong culture is in the Green dialect. When one "piav qeej" it in Green. And, a lot of our fantastical characters have Green names; like Yawm Saub, instead of Yawg Saub.

These are stories, and as any story goes there may be some truths to it, or it can be totally fictitious. It is up to you to decide.

« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 11:52:25 PM by hmongperson »

chidorix0x

« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2013, 11:26:45 AM »
I do not have any facts, as a matter of fact I don't believe anyone does on the this matter. But, I have heard a story.
And then there is another story that the Hmong language originated with the Green dialect. This is so because a lot of Hmong culture is in the Green dialect. When one "piav qeej" it in Green. And, a lot of our fantastical characters have Green names; like Yawm Saub, instead of Yawg Saub.

These are stories, and as any story goes there may be some truths to it, or it can be totally fictitious. It is up to you to decide.

The facts can be found/researched and meticulously analyzed,  conceptualized, and concluded in and by all of the scholarships of Hmong/Miao research documented, taught, and acknowledged today on a global scale by all past, present, and future researchers - Hmong and non-Hmong.

Can you cite your "facts and research" info regarding your theories/supposition? -  ;)

Even if they are Hmong/Mong individual(s) or folklore/tale(s) ("dab neeg"), just tell who and what folklore/tale(s) and I'd be more than happy to follow-up or check into them. (I am always looking to broaden my knowledge-base and data-bank on Hmong/Miao history etc. Ua tsaug.)

Also, not that I completely "disagree" with you, but I "disagree" with you regarding:  1) one "piav qeej" it in Green and 2) a lot of our fantastical characters have Green names; like Yawm Saub, instead of Yawg Saub.

I tried to learn "qeej" several years ago, and my "qeej" master "piav" (sang) all of the "qeej" songs in White -  :) Bottom line, this is all dependent on the "qeej" master or singer, it can be in either White or Green - not exclusive to one dialect. This also applies to any other Hmong art/custom, be it funeral or wedding including songs like "kwv txhiaj/lug txaj" or "paj huam" or "paj lug" etc.. Likewise, this also applies to "fantasical characters'" names too. It just depends on who - Green or White - is telling the folklore or tale. For example, the "fantastical characters" of "Nkauj Iab", "Nraug Oo", "Nuj Txeeg", "Nraug Zaj", "Nkauj Ntxawm", and "Yawg Saub" are all in the White dialect -  ;) Unfortunately, I do not know nor have heard their Green dialect equivalent. ("Yawm Saub" is White by the way,  ;))

Vangpao

« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2013, 01:06:24 PM »
Clorox, you've got no idea what your keyboard smashing about again.

After all, you couldn't spell "voo doo" correctly over at Hmoob.com. Who are you to give blubbering summations about our culture when you can't even spell.

Hey, would you like the link to the Voo Doo Museum again?

Advertisements