Advertisement

Author Topic: South American Charm.  (Read 1501 times)

Vangpao

South American Charm.
« on: January 06, 2013, 11:26:23 PM »
What in all that's holy keeps you sniffing around in here?

This is on:

It has started already.
Go check it out.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Vangpao

Re: South American Charm.
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013, 12:01:46 PM »
Making it 5.

FRENCHMAN Cyril Despres has won the 2013 Dakar Rally in the Moto (motorcycle) class.

The Red Bull KTM rider snared his fifth title in the tough endurance race, suceeding in winning the trophy in impressive consecutive years -  his team mate Ruben Faria took second place.

Speaking after his win, Despres said: 'The Dakar is never easy but always unpredictable. This year the start in Peru meant a lot of sand and a lot of navigation right from the first day. And things got even more complicated, when half way through the rally I had to make an engine swap on the marathon bivouac, away from my assistance. Happily I was able to overcome these challenges and fight my way to the overall lead during the second half of the rally.

'For me this victory is special in a number of ways. Firstly because it has been a while since anybody has managed to win two consecutively. If my memory serves me correctly I think Richard Sainct was the last rider to do it. My team mate Ruben taking the second place also makes me very happy. This is the fourth year he has been alongside me and in that time he has really matured as a competitor.'

The top five riders in this year's Moto class all rode KTMs, further cementing the Austrian manufacturer's dominance in the competition (the last 12 Dakar Rallys have been won on KTM bikes).

Dakar Rally 2013 top ten:

1. CYRIL DESPRES (FRA) - KTM

2. RUBEN FARIA (PRT) - KTM

3. FRANCISCO LOPEZ (CHL) - KTM

4. IVAN JAKES (SVK) - KTM

5. JUAN PEDRERO (ESP) - KTM

6. OLIVER PAIN (FRA) - YAMAHA

7. HELDER RODRIGUES (PRT) - HONDA

8. JAVIER PIZZOLITO (ARG) - HONDA

9. FRANS VERHOEVEN (NLD) - YAMAHA

10. PAULO GONÇALVES (PRT) - HUSQVARNA

Like this post: 0