Advertisement

Author Topic: Some Scary Stories Just For Y'all  (Read 17103 times)

Great Sage

Re: Some Scary Stories Just For Y'all
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2013, 05:09:14 PM »
one my biggest fears as a avid hunter/fisherman

Well then, I have just the story for you!

The Incident at Silent Creek
I have this friend who loves fishing. He'll be out fishing for hours on end; even during the worse weather. Heck, mosquitos don't even bother him when he's fishing. Anyway, he had this "secret" spot he always referred to as "Silent Creek." I'm not sure it was actually called that or whether he coined the name, but it was his secret place to catch fish.

I only went to Silent Creek once. It's a very secluded place surrounded by trees and brush. Also, it was hard as hell to get to. To get to the creek, you park on the side of a dead end road and walk through miles of dense woods. I have no idea how he found this place, but I never saw many people fishing here. Most people fished closer to the mouth of the river where there are man-made trails, and you can hear traffic from the nearby interstate.

On a Saturday morning in late April, my friend drove to his favorite fishing ground. It had been a merciless winter and now that all the snow had finally melted, he was eager to try out his new lures. He got there earlier than usual. The place was just as he remembered it.

Nothing was biting, but he didn't mind too much. He just liked being out there enjoying the quiet. The hours just passed. It began to drizzle a bit and he put his rain poncho on. He even thought about staying the night. But the evening breeze was alittle cold and he said to himself that he would leave in few hours.

Night came before he realized it. Then a foul stench overcame him. He thought a skunk was nearby so he walked further downstream to avoid the smell. It didn't help. The smell was annoying enough that he decided to pack it in. Then there was a loud crash in the woods that startled him. Before he could decide that a tree had fallen, an unfamiliar howl filled the air. It didn't sound like anything he had ever heard. Now he was really scared so he hurridly got his things together and darted towards the road.

The journey back to the car was brutal. Trudging through the forest was difficult because of the wet mud. And it seemed to take forever. He heard something following him the whole time. When he looked back one time, he saw a large, dark figure hide behind a tree. He thought he was going to die. That it was some monster or ghost intent on getting him. Finally, he made it to his car and sped home.

He didn't go back for a long time; and he always went with people.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

IB THIAB NEEJ

« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2013, 09:24:02 PM »
GS,

Are you still a non-believer after second-handedly hearing these stories? I think you believe.  :) I've read many BF stories on other sites. I believe those that believe are better prepared to face them than those that don't. It's always the non-believer that get caught dead in his/her tracks ill-prepared to engage or break contact and escape.

DRTYLUVN

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2013, 10:49:10 AM »
dammit!!
that was kinda scary, thats why i dont go by myself

Great Sage

« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2013, 11:25:05 AM »
GS,

Are you still a non-believer after second-handedly hearing these stories? I think you believe.  :) I've read many BF stories on other sites. I believe those that believe are better prepared to face them than those that don't. It's always the non-believer that get caught dead in his/her tracks ill-prepared to engage or break contact and escape.

As a Hmong person, I think we all grow up with ghost/monster stories and it affects our judgement. At one point, I think I did believe... However, I'm a very rational thinker and it usually dissuades me from believing. Even so, I find all these stories fascinating. And I love it people tell me scary stories because it challenges everything I know is true.

What I didn't mention in this bigfoot story is that my friend is very much like myself. He's an atheist who has never believed in ghosts, monsters or the supernatural. The experience really shook him and at times he admits that he doesn't know what he believes. When I asked him whether he saw a man hiding in the woods, he said it wasn't a man; nor was it a bear. His description of the thing is that it smelled like something rotting (kinda skunkish). In fact, he hasn't smelled anything like it since. Also, the shape was huge. I'm not sure if he was exaggerating, but he always tells me it was as tall and wide as a bus. And when it stepped behind a tree, he could still make out the outline. That's why he was so spooked. When someone like that tells you this; it makes you question what you believe is real.

night912

« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2013, 11:07:31 PM »
GS,

I agree with you. Just look at all those dumb white people in horror movies. They always split up. Idiots.  :idiot2:

I'm not saying the stories are fake, but a lot of the time fear is the number one cause of these scary supernatural events. Fear can trigger your mind to see things which didn't really happened. To the victims, it's real because they really saw the supernatural things that's happening around them.

Great Sage

« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2013, 01:01:22 PM »
I agree with you. Just look at all those dumb white people in horror movies. They always split up. Idiots.  :idiot2:

I'm not saying the stories are fake, but a lot of the time fear is the number one cause of these scary supernatural events. Fear can trigger your mind to see things which didn't really happened. To the victims, it's real because they really saw the supernatural things that's happening around them.

GS,

I agree on both accounts about the preparatory nature of ghost stories. However, I also think believing in such stories hinders one's ability to certain things. It takes away your bravery, in a sense. Think about it? What are the chances you'll run into a ghost or monster? It's very slim, if not impossible. However, if you believe in such things it will play out in your mind and affect your rational decisions. I know a Hmong guy who wanted to be a doctor but he couldn't fathom dealing with cadavers. His fear stemmed from believing in zombies, ghosts and such. I used to be like this as well. I would go into my basement and my hairs would stand up. This sort of behavior just isn't normal in America. Today, I'm totally different. I'm more afraid of bills than I am of any ghost or monster.

IB THIAB NEEJ

« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2013, 01:10:28 PM »
I've seen a ghost before. Actually same ghost on two different occasions on a creepy freeway. It looked like this one:

Great Sage

« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2013, 11:40:54 AM »
Here's a recent ghost story I just heard. I ran into a guy I hadn't seen in ages and asked where he had been. It turns out, he moved to the West Coast for the following reason:

The Following Spirit
For years, he had the same dream: a scary woman would come to his bedside and beckon him to follow her somewhere cold and dark. At times, he wondered if it was really a dream. The lines became blurred at times. One time he awoke and she was sitting at his bedside. It was the same woman, dressed in black with cold, piercing red eyes. He could never make out the rest of her face; just the eyes and the hair. He wasn't sure it was a woman, but the voice sounded like one.

His family took him to see many shamans. Each time they said the same thing: he must have wandered into the forest and bumped into a spirit that followed him home. He says he remembers the incident in a dream. Still, all the magic and spells have not worked to keep the spirit away. Therefore, the family moved alot. Each time, they would have a period of no-incident, only to have her find him again.

Ultimately, he decided to move to the West Coast, leaving his family behind. For years, he was free... Then one night when he came home from hanging out with friends, he noticed she was sitting in his bedroom. He had just turned the light on in the hallway and recognized the same form he had seen all this life. She sat there and looked at him as if saying, "I'm here now."

After that incident, he moved in with relatives on the West Coast. But they said it didn't stop. They heard voices from his room, as if he was conversing with someone at night. He awoke in shreaks in the middle of the night. Finally, he moved back home and that's when I ran into him. Now, it's just another chapter in the following spirit.

yayableu

« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2013, 12:15:01 PM »
^^^ have they tried the spiritual marriage thing??? like, spiritually marry him off to someone else, change his spirit name, and hide his spirit tracks???

Great Sage, you got many stories  O0

Great Sage

« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2013, 07:47:21 PM »
^^^ have they tried the spiritual marriage thing??? like, spiritually marry him off to someone else, change his spirit name, and hide his spirit tracks???

Great Sage, you got many stories  O0

Yeah, they tried all that and more. I suggested he convert to Christianity, but he didn't want to. But the truth is, I think this guy is dealing with mental problems that are not surfacing. Either that or he has a sleeping disorder.

Also, thanks for the thumbs up. You're welcome for the stories. I will try to add to them as I hear more.

DRTYLUVN

« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2013, 03:10:29 PM »
^^ the part about opening the door to find her figure in his room

that sent chills down my spine :(

Great Sage

« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2013, 02:35:48 PM »
This story is from around 1996. Some of my relatives had just immigrated here and they told me this story. Actually, the persons involved are my cousins from Laos. The family consisted of an old mother, her son, and widowed daughter with her little baby.

Night of the Mos Hlub
The family was coming from Vieng Xai towards Vientiane to take a flight to Thailand. They stopped just outside Phonsavanh to rest and say good-bye to relatives. Our relatives in Phonsavanh didn't have much room; they had just laid cement on their new home which was significantly smaller. Their old home was right next door, but it caught fire or something and was falling to pieces. In the back, there was another small house for cooking. Therefore, they put the family coming to America in the old home for the night.

According to the family, the old home had walls, but the ceiling had alot of holes. There was one particularly large hole where one could see the night sky. But it was mid-summer, so the breeze helped them sleep well enough. So there they all laid, sprawled accross the floor on blankets.

Everyone had fallen asleep, but the daughter awoke to her baby crying. She also thought she heard or even felt the house moving. She looked around but didn't see anything. Maybe it was just the wind. But it was a quite night; no wind. She laid back down and patted her baby while looking up at the sky; but it soon disappeared! Something was covering the large hole in the roof. Then it moved away. This scared her, but she didn't put much thought into it and kept cooing her baby until they both dozed off again.

Not long after she had fallen back asleep, there was a grunting noise that woke her again. It seemed to circle the house. Then a huge, dark arm reached through a hole in the wall and felt around as if looking for something. The daughter got very scared and scrambled to wake up her mother and brother, but she couldn't wake them because fear had taken away her voice. She fumbled through the darkness and found a piece of wood and threw it at the arm. It went back out and the grunted loudly. Then it came from above and the hole in the roof was covered in black again.

The daughter finally got the brother up and he asked what was wrong. She whispered that something was outside. Her brother searched through his things and got out one of those wind-up flashlights. He wound it up and shined it at the walls, but saw nothing unusual. Then his sister pointed up and he shined it up at the hole in the ceiling. For a moment they saw a hairy face with beady eyes. Then it grunted loudly and disappeared. They could feel the ground shake as it ran off.

« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 02:38:05 PM by Great Sage »

DRTYLUVN

« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2013, 04:52:20 PM »
freaky story as usual ^^

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +454
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2013, 10:38:28 PM »
GS,

I read every story. Super creepy! Got any more?

Lyn Song

« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2015, 09:57:26 PM »
You are a great story teller Great Sage. I really enjoy all your ghost stories whether if they are real or not. O0

Advertisements