Advertisement

Author Topic: Strictly instrumentals  (Read 1591 times)

highway

Strictly instrumentals
« on: January 22, 2013, 12:32:59 AM »
Sometimes, no words are needed.

from mali with love

i love the percussions

remembrance

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

vangkm007

Re: Strictly instrumentals
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 01:56:06 PM »

Seeing these guys in early Feb, can't wait

vangkm007

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2013, 12:34:44 PM »
Amazing! I'm grabbing From Monument to Masses' whole discography right now. Thanks! 

So you like post-modern rock eh? Here's a death metal instrumental band I saw once that really melted my face off.

Offline loomweaver

• PH Newbie
  • Respect: +2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2014, 01:51:49 AM »
"Muanitus" by Pauliina Syrjala

The kantelle is a type of dulcimer from northeastern Europe. What distinguishes this kantelle video from the countless others on Youtube is the fact that Miss Syrjala is playing the instrument in the old Finnish style using a toothpick. Although the kantelle is played by many different European peoples, this playing style from Finland had always distinguished itself from the others by the fact that the player would pluck the strings using a small stick (nowadays a matchstick or toothpick) held in their right hand while the others simply used the bare fingers on their right hand.

Pauliina is among one of the last few kantelle players in world who still know this ancient and culturally significant technique. The matchstick plucking style is much harder to learn than the simpler all-finger plucking style; and this unique and more aesthetically beautiful discipline is in danger of becoming a lost art as more and more of the younger kantelle players continue to gravitate toward the all-hand plucking technique.

Advertisements