Advertisement

Author Topic: How much does it cost to replace a roof?  (Read 7151 times)

ztommyx

Re: How much does it cost to replace a roof?
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2013, 01:11:14 PM »
is this the MN law?
ya ever heard of "don't ask, don't tell?"

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

aboo

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2013, 03:58:32 PM »
it's not a MN law....it's a city ordinance.  it varies city to city....and i am 100% sure Mrs. Vang will need a permit even if she is doing the work herself.
city inspectors are notorious in her city to issue citations....h eck i got cited for 3 inches of grass growing 2 inches next to the alley way....like really ::)  i had to take a scissor and trim that little patch down :idiot2:

Offline Ron Burgundy

• Sr. Poster
  • Handsome Man's Club Applicant
  • Respect: +161
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2013, 09:27:12 PM »
OMG, seems like it could be a pain in the butt with the permit, contractors, money and all.  I'm not looking forward to this. :( I should just sell my house and buy a new one.

Thanks, everyone, for being so helpful.  I will let you know what I decide to do and how much it costs me.

Your potential buyer will knock your price down even more for your crappy roof.

I know of a Messican roofer.  His name is Jose.  He's a subcontractor for a bigger construction company. O0

moscato

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2013, 04:26:13 PM »
why don't you check in ur city if they have any programs to help you?

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +203
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2013, 02:52:55 PM »
why don't you check in ur city if they have any programs to help you?

There is program out there just everywhere in every state when it come to home, energy saving, etc.  The crappy thing is that is always got a income limit so if you make over it won't help at all.  In CA right now I know they have a program for if your electricity bill is over $150 a month then maybe applying for the solar panel program and little $$$.  I stop looking into program because after a few situation and looking at their income guideline..... ......I said forget it because it won't change much regardless of what the program/assistance is for........... .  With a family size of 7 and only 1 income and if my kids are not getting free lunch then that tell me enough to stop bothering and passing personal information to see if we can qualify for programs out there.  I completely stop and ignored it even if they are at my foot door......

moscato

« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2013, 03:16:05 PM »
There is program out there just everywhere in every state when it come to home, energy saving, etc.  The crappy thing is that is always got a income limit so if you make over it won't help at all.  In CA right now I know they have a program for if your electricity bill is over $150 a month then maybe applying for the solar panel program and little $$$.  I stop looking into program because after a few situation and looking at their income guideline..... ......I said forget it because it won't change much regardless of what the program/assistance is for........... .  With a family size of 7 and only 1 income and if my kids are not getting free lunch then that tell me enough to stop bothering and passing personal information to see if we can qualify for programs out there.  I completely stop and ignored it even if they are at my foot door......

yes that's true they do base it on ur income.. i was suggesting this route because we've just got our roof fixed this past Jan. the program helped paid for the parts and we paid for labor fees.

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2013, 10:28:47 AM »
yes that's true they do base it on ur income.. i was suggesting this route because we've just got our roof fixed this past Jan. the program helped paid for the parts and we paid for labor fees.

If we qualify for those program it will be good just to get it installed\fixedeven if u have to pay a little fees.......  With our new house everything seem to be good.  We only average $40 for electricity, $40-50 for gas and flat rate for w\s\g of $106.  I would hate to have high electricity and gas bill.  Most appliances in my home I purchased the energy efficient type and even got rebate back from our local electricity company.  I only have 4 thing in my house that is on 24\7 or plug.....tv, internet, fish tank and fridge.  I'm home with my kids and not working so the internet and tv is crazy because I can be on my desktop, mini laptop or ipod with wi-fi.........

Offline Mrs.Vang

• Board Moderator
  • "The only ugly faces, are the ones we make."
  • Respect: +126
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2013, 06:14:39 PM »
I just replaced my roof! :)  And yes, I did have to get a permit for roofing.  Mev tuaj ua xwb.  Took them just one day and it's all done!  $2,500 for shingles, $3000 for labor - both the house and garage.   O0

"Some people, no matter how old they get, never lose their beauty - they merely move it from their faces into their hearts."<br /><br />

cherry-kiss

« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2013, 12:36:56 PM »
I just replaced my roof! :)  And yes, I did have to get a permit for roofing.  Mev tuaj ua xwb.  Took them just one day and it's all done!  $2,500 for shingles, $3000 for labor - both the house and garage.   O0

How do you get in touch with mev contractors? Do they advertise or do you just get contact by word of mouth?

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2013, 06:24:13 PM »
How do you get in touch with mev contractors? Do they advertise or do you just get contact by word of mouth?

A lot of Mev just asked them around when you see them in your neighborhood cutting lawn or doing some gardening around.  They do other works on the side if you asked them.  Meskas asked too much when getting quote so I always turn to a few Mev for quotes and whoever give me the best or lowest one is the one I go with.  The discount they get for supplies is cheap.  What they pocket is like 3/4 of it while 1/4 is just supplies.

Offline Mrs.Vang

• Board Moderator
  • "The only ugly faces, are the ones we make."
  • Respect: +126
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2013, 07:15:46 PM »

These people have been working for my friends for a long time.  My friend and her husband flip houses and so they've known these people and recommended them.  They did a great job.  The job was done quickly and very cleanly.   :)

"Some people, no matter how old they get, never lose their beauty - they merely move it from their faces into their hearts."<br /><br />

cherry-kiss

« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2013, 10:40:03 AM »

These people have been working for my friends for a long time.  My friend and her husband flip houses and so they've known these people and recommended them.  They did a great job.  The job was done quickly and very cleanly.   :)

What kind of other jobs do they do?  Do you mind messaging me their contact info?

Wi_sweetguy

« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2013, 01:49:36 AM »
DIY if your roof is a 1 story.  My cousins roof was fixed by my unlincense cousins.  It's still standing strong. haha..

Advertisements